ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Pre season appearances by harrowredYesterday 00:19Yesterday at 00:19:37view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Players Released by RedHarrow23/5/2017 14:49Tue May 23 14:49:52 2017view thread

Players to keep?

By RedHarrow (harrowred)15/5/2017 17:16Mon May 15 17:16:45 2017

Views: 1055

Who would you like the club to sign up for next season? I imagine the staff will have waited to see which league we would be in before making any decisions, which may be the case why Lewis Driver announced on Twitter today that after 3 years at the club, he is leaving.

Personally I think Luke Williams, Josh Webb, Joshua Webb, Shaun Preddie, Steve Brown, Andy Lomas, Charles Smith, Francis Babalola and Michael Bryan all have enough about them to be apart of the squad but that the team needs some added quality amongst these players. I would like to think that the reprieve gives us a chance of holding on to Kurtis Cumberbatch who has a good future in my opinion. I wasn't sure about Menga. If we could sign Sahr Kabba, that would really help our goal threat. I'm unsure that we will see George Nicholas again after his mini spat at being taken off vs Hendon. Alex Lafleur looked like a decent player on loan for Wealdstone.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Players to keep?

By Earlsmead part-timer16/5/2017 09:43Tue May 16 09:43:44 2017In response to Players to keep?Top of thread

Views: 983

I'd go along with most of what you said there Red , all those players in theory should make a good back bone of a team at Isthmian premier level.
I think what is important is to find/have a striker who's banging in the goals regularly,easier said than done of course. MCS and Lewis Driver were both a bit inconsistent IMO last season. Perhaps they were playing thru injuries? I don't know , I'm just a fan looking from the side lines. ( Both btw have been excellent players for the club and I wish "Super" Lewis Driver all the best for the future now his moved on )
We were certainly hard to play against when Meite or Kabba used their pace up front exposing opposition defences. So a good quick striker is a top priority for me.

Re: Players to keep?

By Middx Wanderer16/5/2017 12:38Tue May 16 12:38:11 2017In response to Re: Players to keep?Top of thread

Views: 977

Its difficult to make suggestions on individual players, but I am generally happy with our defensive players. The surgery needs to be in the offensive areas , not so much the personnel, but the way we play, it simply takes far to long for the ball to get into the penalty area after it has crossed the half way line. That could because MCS comes to deep for the ball/or doesn't head it on, nobody makes runs behind the opposition defence or the wingers take for ever to get round to crossing it . Being a striker waiting for a Michael Bryan cross or pass must be the most frustrating experience , Nobody has a clue when or if he is going to pass. If he went back to how he played in the last third of 2014/15 he would be first on the team sheet, on the last third of 2016/17 he would be lucky to warm the bench.
I hope Joshua Webb is given the opportunity to play in an attacking midfield role, If Mark McCloud is fit then that is another issue resolved, Cumberbatch is a genuine prospect so hopefully he will stay too.

Kurtis Cumberbatch

By RedHarrow (harrowred)19/5/2017 18:54Fri May 19 18:54:20 2017In response to Re: Players to keep?Top of thread

Views: 1012

On the move to league football so it seems. Surprised if we see him back at Boro. Anybody know if he has a contract with us? I imagine much like Ibrahim Meite he probably doesnt.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4522612/Nottingham-Forest-intersted-Harrow-s-Kurtis-Cumberbatch.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Players Released

By Middx Wanderer23/5/2017 14:47Tue May 23 14:47:52 2017In response to Kurtis CumberbatchTop of thread

Views: 794

7 players released this week

Francis Babalola,
Harry Newman
,Josh Webb,
Joshua Webb,
Andy Lomas,
George Nicholas,
Luke Williams

Previous thread: Restructure by RedHarrow16/5/2017 11:10Tue May 16 11:10:26 2017view thread