ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: What To Learn From England. by Terry17/6 22:13Mon Jun 17 22:13:36 2019view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Weymouth home 11th August by Middx Wanderer6/8/2018 10:19Mon Aug 6 10:19:43 2018view thread

Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern League

By Middx Wanderer10/5/2018 18:21Thu May 10 18:21:30 2018

Views: 956

So for the first time in 39 years , we will start the new season in a different League

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/harrowborough/news/fa-announce-201819-league-allocations-2297161.html

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern League

By Earlsmead part-timer10/5/2018 19:51Thu May 10 19:51:56 2018In response to Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 851

I'm gobsmacked. Thought we would stay in Isthmian.
Some great away days for the fans potentially and I reckon we would take quite a few all things considered. Mind you knowing our luck we'll get all the seaside ones in the bad weather.
Also I know financially it could/will be very tough for us. Probably Hendon and Met Police are thinking the same.

By Morgs10/5/2018 22:57Thu May 10 22:57:44 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 810

Savage.
I doubt the increase in travelling expenses will be as much of a handicap as Central London players not fancying schleps out west and opting to sign for Isthmian clubs.
I thought Cor-Cas and K's would go west, leaving Harrow and Hendon in the Isthmian.
Definitely don't want a wet autumn and a bad winter, leading to rearranged midweek games, four fewer fixtures or not.
It's a lovely line-up for fans with time and money though.
Not sure the boardroom or dugout will be pleased.

By cappers11/5/2018 09:42Fri May 11 09:42:05 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 809

We've only been in the Southern League for five minutes and we're already being abused.

"Harrow Borough and Met Police- two pointless clubs with no fans that the Isthmian League are glad to see the back of.

On the flip side there could be some big games next season against Salisbury, Poole Dorchester, Tiverton, Taunton etc."

http://terras.proboards.com/thread/12024/provisional-southern-league-2018-19

By Terra19989/8/2018 18:23Thu Aug 9 18:23:54 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 344

Just came across this thread whilst I was looking at your forum prior to Saturdays match.

That was me that made that comment and in retrospect I agree it was crass and unkind so please accept my apologies.

I am sure you will be a decent addition to the Southern League and other than against Weymouth I wish you all the best for a decent season.

By cappers10/8/2018 09:11Fri Aug 10 09:11:57 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 477

Apology accepted. We've had a lot worse said about us, especially from that rowdy lot down the road from us.

By geemickey11/5/2018 23:21Fri May 11 23:21:52 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 709

Be fair - the post attracted this more sensible response :

" How do you know that? Come on TT, let's not be disrespectful to our new opponents before the ink's even dry. It's the sort of Bertie Big Bollox attitude which loses us respect.

Sure, the support in numbers is not as great as those of us in the Southern league enjoy, such is the abundance of football at a higher level in their vicinities, but this doesn't make a club "pointless" (in fact I don't know what does).
My admiration is increased for those passionate towards these clubs for that very reason.

In any case, despite it's close confinement in London and SE England, the Isthmian League has a long and proud tradition of producing very good non-league clubs over the years. Those of us old enough to remember the likes of Enfield, Sutton United, Dagenham and Leytonstone & Ilford in the eighties during those Conference days will surely testify. We may just find the likes of Harrow Borough, Met Police, Walton Casuals much better than we imagine."

If the season kicks off with Harrow Borough v. Weymouth it will be fun !
Weymouth have a strong away following and they are always welcome visitors to Chesham.

By Fixtures Direct12/5/2018 17:22Sat May 12 17:22:54 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 696

I would not let the comments of one moron effect our opinion of Weymouth fans. We are what we are , a bunch of old farts who like a drink, a laugh and a moan at the referee. I know we don't attract large crowds but an influx of fans is not always a positive thing as we found out with the so called 'Ultras' last year. I like others look forward to welcoming Weymouth to Earlsmead.

By cappers13/5/2018 08:56Sun May 13 08:56:53 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 689

As I live abroad, I am no longer able to attend matches. The last game I went to was a 3-3 draw at home to Lowestfoft in March 2013. Anyway, back then we certainly didn't have any 'Ultras' and I didn't know that we have had any since. What exactly was the situation with them?

By Middx Wanderer13/5/2018 13:54Sun May 13 13:54:20 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 618

Cappers , towards the end of 2015 a bunch of youngsters started following the Boro, with a very noisy repertoire of songs , mid last season numbers grew to 20 +. A few times things got a bit silly, but the atmosphere at away games still benefits from their input.
Most of them are now at college etc but a few still come along odd to games.
As a club we should we!come all Supporters home or away , young or old. People do keep in touch & return .

By Fixtures Direct14/5/2018 21:33Mon May 14 21:33:34 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 539

At first their support was very encouraging and the players loved it. Then problems started. We had to ban them from club house because they tried to buy drink when under age. They went to Needham Market, got in as under 16's then went into the bar an tried to get served. There was a thrown smoke bomb/flare at an away game which we got reported for, and finally there was the Wealdstone Middx Cup game, where they refuse to move from the end Wealdstone were kicking towards and taunted the Wealdstone fans till it all kicked off , I for one was stuck I the middle trying to sort it out. We are desperate for more support at Harrow but not the type that stretches our already thin resources.

By geemickey16/5/2018 08:41Wed May 16 08:41:01 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 539

They made too much noise as well, spoiling our peace and quiet on a Saturday afternoon at Earlsmead !

By harrowexcile12/5/2018 12:19Sat May 12 12:19:55 2018In response to Re: Good Bye Isthmian League , Hello Southern LeagueTop of thread

Views: 704

Following on from a thread from 3 years ago (oldest photo of earlsmead) where I mentioned my connection to the club from a number of years ago before getting married and moving to Swindon in 1966 , I was surprised to see that due to the re-structuring of the Isthmian League, Harrow Borough will now be competing in the Southern League-South. It appears that this league includes Swindon Supermarine, located 5 minutes down the road from where I now live, so I'll be able to watch the Borough play for the first time in over 50 years. Happy days. Tony Knight

Previous thread: 16/1. by Morgs30/7/2018 01:00Mon Jul 30 01:00:38 2018view thread