ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: My 3 Score Predictions for Saturdays Big Games! by TerryToday 15:10Today at 15:10:32view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Banbury out, Wimborne in by cappers10/6/2018 09:09Sun Jun 10 09:09:26 2018view thread

Appeal

By TOWN COLOURS16/5/2018 22:06Wed May 16 22:06:53 2018

Views: 542

I see Met Police are appealing following the reorganisation putting them in the Southern League . Their manager has resigned as well . In view of the fact we are right on the border of the change I wonder if we are considering likewise?The extra travelling will be quite costly , along with the possibility of losing players just as the squad were looking like they could have a crack at reaching the play offs next season. We are the second longest surviving Isthmian premier league club following promotion in the late 70's. Hendon are the longest. The revised league allocations are listed as provisional. Unsure if Met Police will have any chance of overturning the situation. If we are appealing we have kept quiet about it.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Appeal

By South Harrow Old Boy17/5/2018 13:21Thu May 17 13:21:09 2018In response to AppealTop of thread

Views: 537

I was surprised to see Met Police moved over to the Southern League. I imagine this has been done to give Staines a "local" derby game just like we've got Hendon. I would have thought that teams like Bognor or Worthing would have been more suitable candidates to be moved rather than Met Police but if the League are trying to give everyone at least 1 local game then i suppose this might explain it.
For ourselves, we have seen this coming for a few months now so i'm guessing the board would have an idea of what they plan to do.

By geemickey17/5/2018 16:01Thu May 17 16:01:21 2018In response to Re: AppealTop of thread

Views: 514

If Harrow (and Hendon etc) have aspirations to play in the National/Conference South they can hardly complain at the travelling in Southern Premier South.

If they haven't got those aspirations, what are they doing playing at Level 3 - why not take a relegation and keep more local ?

In fact, come to think of it, that may be a sensible solution for Met Police - maybe swap with Hayes & Yeading ?

By Middx Wanderer17/5/2018 17:55Thu May 17 17:55:56 2018In response to Re: AppealTop of thread

Views: 539

It would be interesting to know what grounds they are appealing on. if it's because they are "Metropolitan" it is laughable. As they are just a semi pro side the same as any other. (Perhaps while they are at FA HQ somebody might remind them senior football clubs should named after the town they are in.)
Personally I think they are wasting their time & money. The line has to drawn somewhere. Who knows if Hungerford , Chippenham & Oxford get relegated from National South next year the line will fall further west & we will possibly move back.

By cappers17/5/2018 19:20Thu May 17 19:20:36 2018In response to Re: AppealTop of thread

Views: 451

I agree with Middx Wanderer. We along with Hendon and Met Police do not have a divine right to be in the Isthmian League just because we've been in it for many years. The boundaries of the league have changed. Metropolitan Police stand for everything they're not. They don't have any police in their squad and they don't even play within the Metropolitan Police boundaries. Their ground is in Surrey. If there was to be a disturbance during a match or there had to be a police presence for a big FA Cup game against Millwall for example, it would be the responsibilty of the Surrey Police force.

I don't know what all the fuss is about of the extra travel in the Southern League. I would class Hendon, Kings Langley, Beaconsfield, Met Police, Staines and Walton Casuals as local games. Banbury, Swindon, Farnborough, Hartley Wintney, Basingstoke, Salisbury and Gosport are no further than many teams in the Isthmian League that we have faced over the years in Kent, Sussex and Suffolk except these places will be quicker to get to as we won't need to go halfway around the M25. That leaves about seven teams where we face relatively long journeys including a trip to Wales.

The issue I see for clubs like us and Hendon is that we may lose players as a result if they live in Essex, East London and South East London etc. We may have to look at recruitng players from Surrey, Hampshire and Buckinghamshire etc.

By geemickey17/5/2018 22:15Thu May 17 22:15:03 2018In response to Re: AppealTop of thread

Views: 494

Cappers :

You missed the mighty Chesham Utd from your list of 'local' games. (Pity we lost Slough, Dunstable & Hayes/Yeading)

All clubs from Truro to Margate manage to recruit suitable players - I'm sure it will be no problem for Harrow & Hendon etc.

By cappers18/5/2018 11:25Fri May 18 11:25:19 2018In response to Re: AppealTop of thread

Views: 457

Oh yeah, I thought I had included them on the local list. I still have nightmares about that dreaded night on 4th October 2001 when we lost 5-0 to Chesham United and we literally had a comedian in goal and unfortunately his goalkeeping ability was comical. What a waste of an evening that was.

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/5985.Chesham_have_the_last_laugh/

By Middx Wanderer6/6/2018 09:09Wed Jun 6 09:09:07 2018In response to Re: AppealTop of thread

Views: 345

The Met Police appeal was at FA HQ yesterday
They have posted since

""APPEAL: We have received our appeal verdict, that our appeal was rejected. We have not received reasoning for this decision and will only make further comments when we have reasoning for this. We would to thank all those for their messages yesterday, roll on next season" "

Let's hope we visit Imber court on a Tuesday night this season , it's such a waste of a day if we go there on a Saturday or BH otherwise

Edited by Middx Wanderer at 09:09:42 on 6th June 2018
Edited by Middx Wanderer at 13:20:16 on 6th June 2018
Edited by Middx Wanderer at 13:20:53 on 6th June 2018

By Earlsmead part-timer7/6/2018 17:03Thu Jun 7 17:03:40 2018In response to Re: AppealTop of thread

Views: 319

Just out of interest, when do the fixtures for next season come out. Presume it will be by the end of the month? And the likes of Met Police will just have to get on with it.

By Fixtures Direct8/6/2018 12:50Fri Jun 8 12:50:11 2018In response to Re: AppealTop of thread

Views: 302

I was told 12 July for fixtures. The league registration form has been delayed so you may have to wait a bit longer for information on the playing squad. As I suggested before I don't think there will be a 100% return from last years squad but there are some good new signings in the pipeline . Manager is pretty happy at the moment as we are in a far better position than we were at this time last year.

Previous thread: Players sign for coming season by TOWN COLOURS31/5/2018 15:12Thu May 31 15:12:15 2018view thread