ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Signings by RedHarrow19/11 15:56Tue Nov 19 15:56:28 2019view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: HBFC 3 Merthyr 0 by Earlsmead part-timer15/12/2018 20:20Sat Dec 15 20:20:06 2018view thread

Taunton Town 7-0 Boro

By cappers8/12/2018 17:12Sat Dec 8 17:12:14 2018

Views: 616

I feel incredibly sorry for any Boro fan that travelled all the way to Taunton. How on earth did we end up with three players being sent off in the first half? On Twitter, harrowboroscores is blaming it on the ref. If the ref was at fault then I seriously hope we make a complaint against him.

The only match that this even mildly compares to and I stress the word mildly is when I saw us lose 5-0 away at Dartford in the FA Trophy. They were top of the Conference South at the time and we got a player sent off very early in the game and I just knew I had wasted my day. It was very hard to watch.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must have been like to watch that second half today. I never leave matches early but had I been there today, I think I might have done.

Edited by cappers at 17:13:56 on 8th December 2018

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Taunton Town 7-0 Boro

By Middx Wanderer8/12/2018 19:06Sat Dec 8 19:06:00 2018In response to Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 570

At 44 mins it was 0-0
Thats all Boro supporters need to know really.

But . First off. Taunton number 3 over reacts to a foul, Mitchel Gough tells him to man up
He spits at him, Mitchel reacts . He is sent off for a head butt that he says did not happen.
Second off Fenton trips a guy on them half way line (maybe a yellow)
3rd off O'Conner meets their 2 in their half , full blooded challenge . Either or both players could have bee booked, but NO its a Red.
This is a ref that had no idea of what a football match is really about . He killed it stone dead.
But what really hurts is 3 players suspended for 3 games which could kill our season

By Earlsmead part-timer8/12/2018 22:40Sat Dec 8 22:40:42 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 510

I couldn't make this game so I can't really comment ( thank God by the sounds of it) but I've known Middx long enough to know if he says the Ref was clueless and had a shocker, the Ref WAS clueless and did have a shocker!!!

By red-v-neck8/12/2018 23:30Sat Dec 8 23:30:52 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 540

I can't believe what I watched today. The referee was so inept. It was a good competitive game until the referee lost the plot. I can't comment on the first red card as it was off the ball but the second and third were a complete joke. There was not one Taunton fan I spoke to who agreed with either of the second or third red cards by the referee. The price of his actions with our small squad of 16 for our season are potentially huge.

I only wish we had some options to raise this with the governing body of the Southern League. The referee must not be appointed to a future HBFC game. Many of us spent in excess of £75 to go to the game today by train and we were cheated. A word I do not like using but it was simply awful today.

Football aside the Taunton fans and the welcome we had in the pubs in the town was exceptional and I hope we can visit again in 2019.

By harrowexcile9/12/2018 10:59Sun Dec 9 10:59:13 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 484

Hi. My first reaction to seeing this result in this morning's paper was (after the excellent win against Farnborough)this a case of 'after the Lord Mayor's show, but now having read the comments on here it appears that we were in contention with a team at the top of the table until the referee lost the plot. My sympathy to those people who travelled a great distance to watch what appears to be a great injustice to the Borough. I hope they can put this behind them before the next match.

Tony

By Earlsmead part-timer9/12/2018 17:46Sun Dec 9 17:46:02 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 480

Just making the observation, but I see according to their website Taunton's Head of Football said all 3 sending off's were absolutely correct in his opinion!

By cappers9/12/2018 18:13Sun Dec 9 18:13:39 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 451

And now this from one of their players on Twitter:

'3 red cards, 2 absolute leg breakers, spitting on players, what an embarrassment!!! Cheers for the 7-0 win & buzzing to get a goal '

The return game at our place should be a feisty affair. Let's hope we can keep 11 players on the pitch for that one.

By Peacock9/12/2018 20:57Sun Dec 9 20:57:21 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 451

I am a Taunton fan and I will wait for the highlights that we show on our website before I make a decision on whether the referrees decisions was justified or not however the third sending off I felt your player lounged in recklessly and could had seriously hurt our player in regards to the other two sending offs I didnt get a proper look at them I watched the Whole match I felt you were the better team for the first 20 mins and then with the sendings off it turned into a bit of a novalty we were not at the races and it didn't help having four of our best players injured before the game, however Credit to your supports who came up to watch them play and clapped them off hope the away fixture turn out to be a better game good luck.

By Middx Wanderer9/12/2018 21:30Sun Dec 9 21:30:59 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 449

Hi Peacock

Good of you to come on here, all views are valid.
It's the 2nd red that really got our backs up . It killed the match, the referee had his red card out in record time, he was a coward that wanted an easy afternoon, it could of been a classic contest but at that moment turned in to a pantomime run by a clown.

By Peacock9/12/2018 22:34Sun Dec 9 22:34:12 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 432

Yes i completey agree with you we have had this referee before and he is very trigger happy with his cards I would have much rather played youselves on a even footing I am waiting for us to Load the highlights on our twitter feed as I thought the second dismissal was very harsh

By Middx Wanderer10/12/2018 13:16Mon Dec 10 13:16:40 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 444

This is the same ref doing Swindon v Kings Langley a few weeks ago

https://www.yoursportswindon.co.uk/video-supermarine-kings-langley-penalties/

By Middx Wanderer10/12/2018 13:58Mon Dec 10 13:58:21 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 405

Mr Flynn is real quality

http://tivvyarchive.co.uk/report.php?report=3783

By Earlsmead part-timer10/12/2018 14:50Mon Dec 10 14:50:41 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 385

I wonder/presume now we're in the Southern league rather than Isthmian, we're coming across a lot of these refs for the first time and perhaps these Refs are more stricter "jobsworths".
If so as a team we've got to "wise up" to it and be prepared. Especially when we play away from home.
I thought the Ref in our Wimborne game away was inconsistent to say the least and made IMO some bizarre decisions which cost us the game.

By cappers10/12/2018 15:10Mon Dec 10 15:10:27 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 413

When we play away games in the south west, generally the refs are going to be from that part of the country. As we're new to playing in that part of the country, it will be the first time we come across a lot of the referees. As Peacock mentioned on here, Taunton have had that particuolar ref before and therefore their manager and players knew what to expect from him and were prepared. Now I don't know if when we prepare for games, we look into the referee stats and their past history but if we don't, I hope we start doing it from now on.

Interestingly, the ref we had away at Swindon was from West Drayton. I think that's a rare exception to the rule though.

By harrowred (harrowborofcadmin)11/12/2018 19:55Tue Dec 11 19:55:42 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 347

Having just seen the highlights, here are my thoughts.

Gough Red card - referee was looking at it and gough definitely led with his head. Running the risk doing this but it wasn't a full on headbutt, the opposition player didn't even react.

Fenton red card - shocking decision, wasn't last man, wasn't two footed or dangerous but did take out a player running past him. Yes a foul and a yellow card but no way a red. I wonder if we can use this video in an appeal of that red card?

O'Connor red card - a bad camera angle, seems to go in hard but difficult to tell whether it was a red or not from the angle.

However that Fenton one is shocking. 11v10 isn't too bad but that killed the game. Awful

By cappers11/12/2018 20:33Tue Dec 11 20:33:45 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 337

I'm going to be honest. I can see why the referee sent all three players off.

The first one, Gough leads in with his head. Contact was minimal but even so, you can't do that. If the other player spat at him, he should have been sent off too but there is no evidence from the highlights that he did spit at Gough.

The second one is harsh and probably should have been a yellow. I think the ref has given the red because he did seem to jump into the challenge.

The third one from the angle we can see looks justified to me.

The blame has to lie with our players and not the referee.

By Peacock11/12/2018 22:20Tue Dec 11 22:20:25 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 345

I have seen the highlights the second red card is the only iffy one but he did lounge in a yellow card that one I thought. Great 2nd goal by our central half tho you must admit soccer am have approched us wanting the video of that one, some of your supporters might have to get their boots ready for the next three games you must be short of cover we would be if we were in your Shoes.

By Fixtures Direct12/12/2018 11:03Wed Dec 12 11:03:02 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 385

Making clear that these are my personal views. I thought the referee made no allowance for the awful conditions.

The first red card , yes you cannot go round attempting to head butt, apparently it was in retaliation to a spit, and I cannot believe Goughy would have made it up. Pity ref saw one and not the other. The second a yellow card tackle, the third and this is where I tend to disagree with people was that it was a 50/50 ball which both players approached in the same way, unfortunately the Taunton player came of worse. My view, no cards and a talking to both players.

By Middx Wanderer12/12/2018 11:01Wed Dec 12 11:01:15 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 369

2nd one is not a Red Card.(it is a yellow, no more , no less)
The Referee killed the match stone dead.

He did not issue a single yellow card to a Harrow player in the match, if that is a man who others think is able to manage a football match, its not any match i wish to attend.

Good help us when VAR becomes normal if those three are red cards.

By Earlsmead part-timer12/12/2018 16:55Wed Dec 12 16:55:56 2018In response to Re: Taunton Town 7-0 BoroTop of thread

Views: 372

My two cents, for what it's worth. Gough, a red card, even if it is handbags. Fenton (2nd sending off) just a foul I wouldn't even have given a yellow.
3rd a yellow card not a sending off.
But the only opinion that matters is the Ref so we will just have to accept it and get on with it I guess.

Previous thread: NGU 3 HBFC 9 MSC Cup by Earlsmead part-timer11/12/2018 22:24Tue Dec 11 22:24:07 2018view thread