Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro 4 Poole 0 by Terry24/2/2019 22:50Sun Feb 24 22:50:39 2019view thread

Boro 4 Poole 0

By Terry23/2/2019 18:56Sat Feb 23 18:56:31 2019

Views: 837

Just 2 words Absolutely Brilliant! When the chips were down and we had to win The Guys brought The A game and thoroughly deserved that win.An even opening and the first goal vital a Long ball and a fluffed clearance from their keeper and very calm Frank Keita stroked it home from a good 40yrds.The second just after half time a bit of a scuff from Anthony O'Connor a bit Like on of my golf shots! but it went in.Frank Keita very cool with the third and Anthony with calm finish with the fourth.Every player worked hard today and lm Anthonys No.1 fan but l think Nathaniel Oseni was immense today and just gets my MOM.Sorry Anthony! So were are right back in the mix and a win Over Walton Casuals draws us Level with Poole.I questioned their bottle for a fight and l think todays drubbing is a big turning point.We need the same determination and fight on Tuesday by hitting the channels and playing in the oppents half we Look more Like our oldselves! Come On You Reds!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Boro 4 Poole 0

By Middx Wanderer23/2/2019 19:56Sat Feb 23 19:56:59 2019In response to Boro 4 Poole 0Top of thread

Views: 794

The Boro of pre Christmas returned today. Pressing the opposition. Attacking with pace. Very enjoyable afternoon.
Hope you got your bet on Terry.

By Terry23/2/2019 20:22Sat Feb 23 20:22:21 2019In response to Re: Boro 4 Poole 0Top of thread

Views: 766

Hello Middlesex Wanderer lm afraid story of my betting carear l asked Betfred about the bet but they have stopped taking bets on our League in shop and online following Paddy Powers descision a week earlier so no bet.But hey who cares its only money! but far more important on Tuesday we need same commitment from the guys.The sun is shining and my next will be The Lincoln at Doncaster end of March!But seriously that was a big test and we had quality on the bench in Gough and Moore so that bodes well for the future.

By Earlsmead part-timer23/2/2019 23:47Sat Feb 23 23:47:24 2019In response to Re: Boro 4 Poole 0Top of thread

Views: 832

I've got to tip my hat to you there Terry , you called that game spot on mate. (oh,me of little faith!)
You don't know next week's lottery numbers do you ?!!

By Terry24/2/2019 00:07Sun Feb 24 00:07:25 2019In response to Re: Boro 4 Poole 0Top of thread

Views: 797

Hello Earlsmead Part Timer thanks for those kind words l did forecast 3-1 so l might be a number out with the Lottery! But seriously l think we played more direct and got the ball forward into good areas and l notice some of the guys being more vocal and not just me and Steve Baker doing the shouting!.But we are at half time because we need the same against Walton Casuals on Tuesday to get us Level on points with Poole.After much thought lm going for 3-1 again! I think 5th place now is getting closer!Whatever the outcome this has been an excellent season as we have one of the Lowest Budgets so the players and Management can be proud.

By cappers24/2/2019 09:07Sun Feb 24 09:07:14 2019In response to Re: Boro 4 Poole 0Top of thread

Views: 766

We certainly chose the right game to end our long winless run against the team one place above us. What pleased me even more than the four goals was that we kept a rare clean sheet. Maybe the players and manager had been reading Terry's posts and had convinced themselves that Poole are bottle jobs and used it as motivation. Who knows!

Next up, Walton Casuals. Probably the easiest game to have in the division after Staines at the moment. They are on a bad run of form and have just lost their profilic goalscorer to St Albans. Unlike us, they haven't got an Ant O'Connor type player ready to replace their departed top scorer.

If we win that game then we will be right back in the hunt for that last play-off position.

We may need Terry to carry us through with his positivity!

By Terry24/2/2019 12:35Sun Feb 24 12:35:02 2019In response to Re: Boro 4 Poole 0Top of thread

Views: 728

Thank you for your kind words Cappers yes lm guilty of a few of Fergies mind games but its a meant a Light hearted way.(I Think!)As for the players or manager reading this stuff l would be honoured! Just keep it simple do the basics right which we did yesterday playing the game in the opposition half more and getting the ball in good areas and showing some fierce determination to win! Which you cant be coached! But weve got to finish the job to get us Level with Poole by beating Walton Casuals on Tuesday and we need the same for that good tempo and lm sure we shall get the job done! Come On You Reds!

By SteveHFC24/2/2019 20:24Sun Feb 24 20:24:18 2019In response to Re: Boro 4 Poole 0Top of thread

Views: 687

Congratulations on the win. Excellent result. That'll teach me to put too much faith in the form guide :)

Previous thread: We are still 6th. by Terry20/2/2019 22:11Wed Feb 20 22:11:21 2019view thread