Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx WandererToday 13:00Today at 13:00:01view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro v Welling Preview by Terry4/3/2019 19:14Mon Mar 4 19:14:12 2019view thread

Boro 1 Taunton 0

By Terry2/3/2019 18:44Sat Mar 2 18:44:04 2019

Views: 849

We showed great battling qualities against a physical and very commited Taunton team.With their yellow strip they reminded me of the dirty Leeds side of the 70s! But we showed great determination with Nat and Shaun rocks at the back and the guys in midfield showing some great determination too.Our winner from Ryan Moss very cool with the pen after ref gave a foul in the box.As for MoM( man of match) its a tough one but l think for his committed all round display and getting stuck in Mark Mcleod deserves it.l watched him carefully just before 2nd half kick off getting about the guys and geeing them up that was excellent l was very impressed! In a tough match you need Leaders and Mark showed that today.Everyone put in a shift and worked hard.Just 2 things l would note about Football game management. On 60 min we had free kick just in their half there was nothing on in the box and the ball was Lost in a bad area and one in the 65min overplaying in our own half and Losing the ball Led to a free kick in our area.On other day we could have Lost 2 goals easily.l would say this when its your free kick and theres nothing on hit the ball close to their corner flag.If you concede a throw thats fine they are deep in their half and always a chance of winning a second ball and do the same if nothing on in possession weve got the Lead Let them do tbe work from deep in their own half.You cant afford at any Level to Lose a ball in a bad area.Theres always something to improve! But overall an excellent committed performance and we are keeping the heat on Poole and Kings Langley who will start to fold soon when the heat and the pressure is on.We wont fold! Come On You Reds!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Boro 1 Taunton 0

By Earlsmead part-timer2/3/2019 19:28Sat Mar 2 19:28:58 2019In response to Boro 1 Taunton 0Top of thread

Views: 855

Fantastic result. Couldn't make it today but I bet that felt good for the team, management and fans who had to put up with that farce of a game at their place. Especially nice as I remember one or two of their players giving it Billy big b@ll#c€s at the time . I guess they were very lucky today they had a ref who knew what he was doing today or it would have been more than one nil.

By Fixtures Direct2/3/2019 20:13Sat Mar 2 20:13:27 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Taunton 0Top of thread

Views: 812

I don't like to dwell in the past as what is done is done, but in my personal opinion the amount of off the ball fouling by Taunton was appalling , and this is how it all started at their place with the referee missing their player spitting at Mitchell Gough and the referee sending Goughy of for a feeble attempt at a head butt and the rest is history. I really think their management team should take a good look at themselves, that is not football.

By cappers2/3/2019 20:09Sat Mar 2 20:09:19 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Taunton 0Top of thread

Views: 860

A great result against the team top of the table. Really pleasing that we beat them after the farce at their place (although I stand by my opinion that two of the three reds were correct) and the way some of the Taunton players and fans conducted themselves on that afternoon. I'm sure the lads would have been really fired up for the match today. Another clean sheet against another top of the table team. That is really encouraging. Unfortunately both Poole and Kings Langley won but even so if we continue to keep it tight at the back then no reason why we can't grab a play-off spot as we all know scoring is not a problem for us.

By TOWN COLOURS2/3/2019 21:13Sat Mar 2 21:13:21 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Taunton 0Top of thread

Views: 845

A really good performance against the league leaders. I thought we were far better in the second half and did really well giving the opposition little time on the ball. I thought Michael Bryan was brilliant today and back to his superb form earlier in the season. The defence looked confident today and this was probably due to the return of Adam Pepera who I thought was outstanding. He slotted in like he had been playing for us all season. If the defence keeps playing as they did today then there is every chance of making the play offs. COYR

By Terry2/3/2019 22:50Sat Mar 2 22:50:39 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Taunton 0Top of thread

Views: 815

Hello Town Colours nice to see you at the match today.Agreed about Mixheal Bryan a Lot busier and did very well with other midfielders closing and pressing when we didnt have the ball.That was a vital win a test of character and yes our bottle in a must win match.So Looking forward to Welling on Tues night every match important no matter what the competition and hopefully another final! Come On You Reds!

By Middx Wanderer3/3/2019 07:05Sun Mar 3 07:05:52 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Taunton 0Top of thread

Views: 787

Really enjoyed that, terrific battle won.
It really was like watching "Dirty Leeds" so many off the ball incidents.
I think overall the ref did ok . Booking the 10 for an outrageously late or off the ball tackle was crucial to keeping control ( just).

By harrowred (RedHarrow)3/3/2019 08:50Sun Mar 3 08:50:24 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Taunton 0Top of thread

Views: 755

Well what an effort from the team today. Committed, full of energy, resolute. Up the boro.

I have to say that when I saw Pepera in the lineup I was very pleased, he was great for us last year and I was disappointed when he moved on in the summer. The 3 cbs were great as was McLeod. O'Connor worked his socks off, chased absolutely everything!

Yes they could have scored a couple of times, in the first half when haf did a poor clearance and the indirect free kick in the second but we also were denied three times when moss was in on goal. Merthyr will be tough next but we have a run of fixtures coming up where we can definitely go on a run.

Poole have 3 tough games coming up against Chesham, Merthyr and Taunton and also still have Met and Weymouth to play. Kings Langley have Met twice and Salisbury in the next 4 games but then a relatively good run in, so let's hope they don't get many points in the next 4 games.

All to play for. You redssssss

By South Harrow Old Boy3/3/2019 10:32Sun Mar 3 10:32:53 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Taunton 0Top of thread

Views: 769

Great result and performance from the Boro. Well done to Steve Baker, management and players. It would have been very easy to lose our heads today chasing revenge from what happened at their place in December. But despite Taunton getting rattled and niggly yesterday the Borough players kept their shape and their heads and didn't get drawn into a kicking match. Very pleasing when you consider our disciplinary record this season. There wasn't one weak link on the pitch yesterday, impossible for me to pick a man of the match. Up the Boro

Previous thread: Brentford v Harrow Borough by Middx Wanderer28/2/2019 21:46Thu Feb 28 21:46:15 2019view thread