Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: My Favourite Away Trip Of All Time! by Terry19/3/2019 19:07Tue Mar 19 19:07:16 2019view thread

Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0

By Earlsmead part-timer16/3/2019 18:18Sat Mar 16 18:18:41 2019

Views: 1043

Well what a load of rubbish that was .
Thats our play off chances gone up in smoke.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0

By Terry17/3/2019 09:29Sun Mar 17 09:29:47 2019In response to Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0Top of thread

Views: 926

Hello Earlsmead Part timer yes it wasnt good enough but l dont agree about it being up in smoke for the play offs Like l mentioned in my article Poole are renowned bottlers and next Saturday at Taunton we will see that when they play in front of a big crowd they will fold and Kings Langley just arent good enough.Its down to us we have 7 winnable games.Weve just got to be mentally tougher when the chips are down away from home turn into a battle if need be whatever it takes to get the job done.Win ugly if need be!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)16/3/2019 20:21Sat Mar 16 20:21:45 2019In response to Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0Top of thread

Views: 1013

Yep they seem to be fading fast. Good thing kings langley lost. If they win their game in hand, they and Poole will be 4 points ahead. Chances are looking slim, will probably need to win 6 of our last 7. We have a 'good' run of fixtures to be able to do that but everyone seems to be fighting for something. Must beat frome next week!

By Terry17/3/2019 09:36Sun Mar 17 09:36:13 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0Top of thread

Views: 911

Hello Harrowred cant agree our chances are slim far from it.Poole are going to bottle it when the chips are down and Kings Langley that village team near Watford havent got the players too see it through.Its down to us we have 7 winnable games.Yesterday was tough the so called facilites poor the pitch even worse not to mention some of their fans and really the whole set up was akin to The Combined Counties League.A bad day at the office 7 cup finals to come!

By Earlsmead part-timer17/3/2019 10:30Sun Mar 17 10:30:19 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0Top of thread

Views: 916

Hi Terry, good to see you down there yesterday, shame about the result and performance!
I can see why quite a few teams have struggled down there, it's a real culture shock (even for the likes of "little" Harrow Boro) what bigger teams of this league made of it I hate to think ! having to play on basically a "park" pitch.
Like you I'd love us to go on and make the play-offs and no doubt we certainly have the easier run in apart from the final match when we must be ahead of both Poole and KL. We play Salisbury away, they have Frome and and Staines respectively.
But it's just our poor away form especially since Xmas that I think will be our undoing when you look at it objectively.
We've only won once, away to Staines in the league (2019) plus a very tough home game against Chesham makes me think we are just going to fall short by a few points.
I hope the lads can prove me wrong, and I'll be cheering them on win or lose, but to many poor away results I think are going to cost us.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 10:31:58 on 17th March 2019
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 11:37:34 on 17th March 2019

By Terry17/3/2019 11:47Sun Mar 17 11:47:26 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0Top of thread

Views: 894

Thank you Earlsmead Part Timer your right it is the away form and to be honest only Mark Mcloud is any sort of Leader.You need Leaders on the pitch at places Like that where you just have to roll up your sleeves and get on with it.The facilites were poor theres no other term.The clubhouse was ok but the rest of the ground was spartan and you couldnt even stand behind one of the goals.If lm honest the facilites at Rayners Lane are better as they have a 3G pitch.It was a toughie because the wind made it a Lottery and the first goal was always going to be vital.But lm very confident still.You mention Chesham they are improving but weve got better players and as for the other games all winnable but especially for the 3 away games the guys have got to be more vocal more resilient and dig in and as l said earlier yes win ugly.

By TOWN COLOURS19/3/2019 21:21Tue Mar 19 21:21:01 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0Top of thread

Views: 885

I think the key to us having any chance of getting to the play offs is to start winning some away games. As previously noted our away form has been dismal. Other than beating bottom side Staines away on New Years Day you have to go back to 17th November at Swindon for another away league win. At one stage I think we were top of the away form table! We have definately missed Jordan Ireland since he was injured prior to the Poole away match that is for sure. How much longer before he is fit to play again? We have now signed Gianni Crichlow from local rivals Hendon. Looking at their forum there are a few posts lamenting his departure. Hopefully Steve Baker will be able to motivate his troops suitably for the run in . With a fair rub of the green I still fancy our chances if he can, with Salisbury looking the most difficult game currently. We now have 8 cup finals to play!!!!! COYR.

By Terry20/3/2019 05:23Wed Mar 20 05:23:14 2019In response to Re: Hartley Wintney 3 Borough 0Top of thread

Views: 874

Hello Town Colours it was good to see you Saturday at Hartley Whitneys "Stadium" that Left a Lot to be desired.Very good point about the away form.Apart from Mark Mcleod theres no Leaders in the side.This is what you need playing away Like Saturday in a place Like Hartley Whitney with its Spartan conditions and poor pitch.The game was even until we Lose a soft goal and a couple mins Later a guy gets 10yrds space for a cross and its 2-0.It was tough with the wind but we had 2 corners both go out of play and a shrug of the shoulder.When l was a kid l saw a corner go straight out and Harry Manoe shook his fist and said to the corner taker thats not good enough or words to that effect which l cant use on this forum! When you play away it not just about football ability you have to show Resilience and you have to have Leaders.Players need to be vocal and yes maybe some sledging of the opponents its a battle when your away.Im still very confident all 7 games are winnable maybe Tiverton be the toughest with that massive journey! You mention Jordan Ireland hes got a Lot of ability on the ball but a bit mecurial he needs to impose more when he hasnt got the ball but very talented player who we have missed and Micheal Bryan dare l say was missed Saturday.But first things first Frome Town who are going down.Made that rhyme! Get those 3 vital points! Come on you Reds!

Edited by Terry at 05:40:54 on 20th March 2019
Edited by Terry at 05:41:43 on 20th March 2019
Edited by Terry at 05:49:13 on 20th March 2019

Previous thread: Harrow Borough Fans by BoroHome&Away16/3/2019 21:23Sat Mar 16 21:23:45 2019view thread