Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx WandererYesterday 13:00Yesterday at 13:00:01view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Saturdays 4 Big Matches Score Predictions. by Terry26/3/2019 22:48Tue Mar 26 22:48:30 2019view thread

Sorry terry

By harrowred (RedHarrow)23/3/2019 17:01Sat Mar 23 17:01:17 2019

Views: 1059

But that small village near Watford are going to beat us out to that 5th spot. 4 points behind now whilst they have a game in hand. Can't see them dropping enough points now combined with us languishing near the bottom of the form table.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it swinging back in our favour now

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Sorry terry

By Terry23/3/2019 17:58Sat Mar 23 17:58:28 2019In response to Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 991

Hello Harrowred lm just composing myself for my article which will appear soon but have you seen Kings Langley remaining games against teams with ability or a Lot to play for.There going to start feeling the pressure when thay are expected to win and as for Poole they have once again failed when theres a big match.Were in the same position as at start of play 4 points behind Theres 6 games to go 18points to win and lm not going to hold back on my views for the article as some may say we were unlucky a goal up and we hit the post.Thats Hogwash a number of mistakes were made today both on and off the pitch.But lm still backing us for 5th and l want to see the guys display a win at all costs attitude starting at Gosport next Saturday not an easy journey rail and sea and bus l believe! Theres nothing to be sorry about Harrowred keep it positive and Come On You Reds!

By Earlsmead part-timer24/3/2019 10:45Sun Mar 24 10:45:21 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 925

As much as I'd love us to make the play offs we've got two "hopes"
No hope and Bob Hope.

By Terry24/3/2019 11:07Sun Mar 24 11:07:49 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 909

Like the comedy Earlsmead Part Timer but theres 18 points to fight for and l have put an article online about our promotion rivals weaknesses.Not good enough yesterday by a Long way l hope some very serious words were said in the dressing room after that.The guys have got the ability what theyve got to do now is show self belief and character because all 6 games are very winnable.Ok Salisbury maybe a test but watching them at Hendon they are nothing special from what l saw.I would urge as many fans as possible to make the trp to Gosport next Saturday over Land and sea! So Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 11:08:24 on 24th March 2019

By Earlsmead part-timer24/3/2019 13:24Sun Mar 24 13:24:31 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 920

Yep point taken Terry , but that was so disappointing yesterday. We had more than enough chances to win that and Frome didn't look like world beaters to me. As for the defending how many chances did we have to clear that ball before they scored their winner ! Shocking.
We've got to win twice now just to get ahead of Poole and KL that leaves us with four games to go. If KL win there game in hand we have to win three before we get ahead and that's on the condition both sides don't pick up anymore points in the next three games.
Add into that mix KL have Staines Town on the last day of the season.
I know it's not over until the "fat lady sings" but she's on her last chorus.

By Terry24/3/2019 13:58Sun Mar 24 13:58:43 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 1079

Good Afternoon Earlsmead Part timer as Lesson for us that Frome 2nd Goal it was route 1 and they won 2nd and 3rd balls.I think some of our players and coaches are watching too much of this Champions League and Premier League rubbish where the ball is kept slowly and built up from the back.We had a free kick near halfway and its 8 passes going nowhere and back to the keeper thats useless.All free kicks should be played in areas around the box.You play a pressing game in their half of the pitch with good crosses free kicks and corners.Their goalie didnt do enough yesterday.Yes give him a knock if need be Let him know hes in a contest. We need to play every game as we did against Poole and especially Taunton where we had to battle.Ban the fancy flicks and tricks and if some of the players dont fancy a battle then the manager needs to be strong and drop them.lm very confident still Poole havent got it for the pressure and Kings Langley Lets be honest they are nothing special.So ComeOn Reds And Get 5th!

By Geekay Clement24/3/2019 19:32Sun Mar 24 19:32:56 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 910

Very disappointed with yesterday -particularly the free kick on the half way line that ended up being played back to the keeper. The quality of crosses was abysmal generally most missing the target by yards. We still should have won as Frome were very poor. Just as we seemed to be getting on top with Josh & George getting a lot of possession on the right flank & Ryan & Michael on the left 2 of them were strangely substituted. Even then both goals were very basic defending errors. It may be injuries but where are George Fenton & Mitchal Gough & why is George Moore being marginalised?

By Terry25/3/2019 13:11Mon Mar 25 13:11:45 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 871

One other thought about Saturday and really a Lot of recent matches for some time is a Lack of someone who can do a Long throw into the box.Ive just been watching on you tube as you do on a Monday Lunchtime The "exciting"Highlights between Taunton v Poole but a team Like Taunton who can get a Long throw in almost resulted in a goal on the highlights l saw.Has this ever been been tried in training to find a player who can do a Long throw or if not sign a player with that ability to throw the ball Long if he was a player of Limited talent he can always play midfield in a ball winning role.The number of times you see throws near the corner flag and nothing comes of it.lm pretty sure Kings Langley that village near Watford are going to feel the pressure tomorrow night and not going to win so we are still in there fighting for 5th So Come On You Reds!

By Terry24/3/2019 19:55Sun Mar 24 19:55:08 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 930

Hello GeeKay yes absolutely agree about the free kick.This what happens when you dont take the game to the opposition play this so called Possesion game.There were 2 things l was told at school by our PE teacher for football always at a throw in throw the ball forwards and same for free kicks never square or backwards.This is a Lack of planning in training because it should be made clear every free kick must be played to around the opposition box.As for crosses and corners deliveries again hard work.Practice till you get it right.Is the training regime intense enough as we see this problem game after game.Hard work needed again in training to put this right.The one player we needed yesterday was Mark Mcleod its a mystery why he didnt play.As for George Moore l know hes had an injury so maybe fitness a factor.We need a massive improvement next Saturday get in Gosports faces get stuck in and win those three vital points at all costs.

Edited by Terry at 19:56:04 on 24th March 2019
Edited by Terry at 20:05:05 on 24th March 2019
Edited by Terry at 20:09:23 on 24th March 2019

By Geekay Clement26/3/2019 21:40Tue Mar 26 21:40:32 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 842

Re long throws -I'm sure ryan Haugh has done a few this season & is capable of wanging it a long way. I get frustrated with short corners which never end with a decent cross into the box. we have 3 big defenders mossie is good in the air get them up there & a cross it in direct from the flag kick.

By Terry26/3/2019 22:05Tue Mar 26 22:05:08 2019In response to Re: Sorry terryTop of thread

Views: 832

Good Evening Geekay well l cant recall Ryan doing too many and you also mention short corners.This is a training ground issue along with free kicks there should be a standard plan.Free kicks go near or in the box You dont do short corners or short free kicks because whats the point.As l wrote in my article its absolutely vital to have a guy who can do a Long throw.l wonder how serious training is.Is it a jolly or does serious hard work take place.The issue of overhit crosses never seems to improve.Thanks Geekay for your input on this.

Previous thread: Our 4 Promotion rivals for 5th Place. by Terry24/3/2019 10:59Sun Mar 24 10:59:11 2019view thread