Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Gosport v Boro Preview. by Terry29/3/2019 12:59Fri Mar 29 12:59:07 2019view thread

Kings Langleys Run In.

By Terry27/3/2019 00:20Wed Mar 27 00:20:09 2019

Views: 638

Im going to give a detailed guide to Kings Langleys run in tomorrow morning and l shall reveal why l believe they will only obtain a maximum of 7points from their remaining 6 games and fail to obtain 5th!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Kings Langleys Run In.

By Terry27/3/2019 08:46Wed Mar 27 08:46:41 2019In response to Kings Langleys Run In.Top of thread

Views: 639

As promised my exclusive guide to Kings Langleys run in.l believe there our only rivals as l explained in a previous article about the Limitations Poole and Farnborough have.So Kings Langley have 6 games to go 3 at home and 3 away and lm predicting they will only accrue 7 points maximum from these games as follows.30th March Tiverton(A) A tough trip all the way to Devon against a side with something to fight for lm saying 3-1 to Tiverton.6th April Swindon Supermarine(H) lm saying 1-1 in this one Swindon Look safe but were very impressive when they beat us at Earlsmead so a tough match.13th April Taunton(A) Very tough place to get a result to say the Least and l go 3-0 to Taunton in this.20th April Dorchester(H) again against a team with a Lot to play for trying to stay up but lm saying 2-1 to Kings Langley.22nd April Walton Casuals(A) yet again against a team fighting relegation.A tough match 1-1 l think.27th April Frome (H) this is the really tough one to call if Frome are already down then yes should be a straightforward win for Kings Langley if not a very tough game lm basing it on Frome will be down already so lm saying 3-0 but its a big but if not down l would say a 2-2.So thats my view on Kings Langleys run in the maximum points l can see is 7 but maybe only 5 if Frome have something to play for.This is just my personal opinion just to give us Boro fans some hope! But seriously thats a tough run in against teams apart from Swindon battling relegation.So lm sticking to my view its in our hands win 6 games and we shall be 5th.Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 08:48:15 on 27th March 2019
Edited by Terry at 08:50:03 on 27th March 2019
Edited by Terry at 09:06:35 on 27th March 2019

By cappers27/3/2019 16:15Wed Mar 27 16:15:41 2019In response to Re: Kings Langleys Run In.Top of thread

Views: 617

If we can narrow the gap to 4 or 5 points after Saturday's games then we would still have a slim chance but if we are 6 points or more adrift then all this talk of making the playoffs will have to end.

We can only blame ourselves. We were in a good position but our poor form is highly likely to cost us that final playoff spot.

Terry, are you aware that the small village near Watford who have never played at this level before (they're actually in their 3rd consecutive season at this level) have an agreement with Watford FC. Their ladies team play their home games at Kings Langley FC. I have no idea how much money Kings Langley FC make from that deal but I'm sure there are many non-league clubs that would love to have an agreement of some sort with a Premier League club. Look at Boreham Wood FC and their link with Arsenal. Little old Boreham Wood were 90 minutes away from the football league a season or two ago. Don't underestimate Kings Langley.

By Terry27/3/2019 16:39Wed Mar 27 16:39:10 2019In response to Re: Kings Langleys Run In.Top of thread

Views: 614

Hello Cappers Lovely to hear from you.I said nowhere near this Level meaning near the top for going for promotion.I admit lm playing a few mind games calling them a village team and Poole bottle merchants.I hope its not deemed unsporting but no one complained when Fergie in 1996 did it except King Kev at Newcastle! Yes your so right this weekend vital if we can narrow it to 4 or 5 very much game on as Kings Langley wont get nothing at Taunton following week and Poole and Farnborough play each other that weekend too.Your right about errors being made in team selection especially Last week in midfield where we Lacked Mark Mcleods tough approach and Leadership skills.If you dont control midfield you dont win matches.lm certainly not underestimating Kings Langley but any money they have got from the deal with Watford they sure havent spent on the ground! lm going to at around 5pm name the team l would pick and the reasons for it for the crunch game at Gosport and how you go about beating such a poor team as them.

Edited by Terry at 16:58:42 on 27th March 2019
Edited by Terry at 16:59:14 on 27th March 2019

By harrowred (RedHarrow)28/3/2019 11:04Thu Mar 28 11:04:17 2019In response to Re: Kings Langleys Run In.Top of thread

Views: 593

I actually believe we are more likely to finish in 10th now than 5th. A big performance and result this week is needed to make me change my mind.

By Terry28/3/2019 18:44Thu Mar 28 18:44:48 2019In response to Re: Kings Langleys Run In.Top of thread

Views: 613

Well lm still thinking 5th Harrowred but as you say Saturday is vital.However it takes Whatever it takes if we have to win ugly as the pros say we need those 3points.If we need to turn it a battle so be it.The 5 other games definitely winnable.Tiverton the trip a Long way and Salisbury not an easy place to visit but neither of those 2 are anything special and the 3 home matches we should win against Chesham Wimbourne and Hapless Staines.lm sure Kings Langley the village near Watford are going to feel the pressure now they are almost expected to come 5th and lm expecting them to start folding under that pressure starting with Saturdays tough trip to Tiverton and we know that Poole havent really got the bottle for promotion with their collapses in big games and Farnborough the only other real challenger managed by Spencer Day whose only acheivement management came in The Combined Counties League.So 7 points Looks a Lot but things can soon change and none of us fans players or management should throw the towl in just yet! So ComeOn You Reds!

Previous thread: Saturdays Team v Gosport. by Terry28/3/2019 18:09Thu Mar 28 18:09:07 2019view thread