Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Please note: this site will be unavailable between 4.30pm and 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 April due to routine maintenance

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kings Langley v Boro Final Points Total. by Terry1/4/2019 17:47Mon Apr 1 17:47:24 2019view thread

Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.

By Terry31/3/2019 12:54Sun Mar 31 12:54:45 2019

Views: 777

To my mind its a 2 horse race for 5th place yes l know Poole and Farnborough are in the mix but they have glaring shortcomings in trying to finish 5th namely Poole cant handle the pressure in the crunch games and Farnboroughs manager has only experience of success at The Combined Counties League Level so its a straight battle Boro v Kings Langley in a battle for 5th.As its for 5th lm giving 5 Reasons l believe we will win this battle for 5th.1 We have got better players and manager than Kings Langley.2 We have a far easier run in.A Lot easier.3 Kings Langley have nowhere been near a promotion at Level 3 before unlike us who were in a Isthmian premier play off at Tonbridge.4 We have got more experienced players who have played at a higher Level who far more Likely to handle the pressure of the run in compared to Kings Langley.5 A big word Bottle have Kings Langley got it l doubt it in a big pressure game against Salisbury they Lost a 96th minute equaliser teams who win promotion dont do things Like that.So thats my view we win 5 games we finish 5th.Come On You Reds!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.

By Whispering Minotaur1/4/2019 08:39Mon Apr 1 08:39:18 2019In response to Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 692

If you finish 5th, I will run around Earlsmead naked next time I visit.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Terry1/4/2019 09:31Mon Apr 1 09:31:50 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 672

Well lm almost Lost for words on that one! Because l think its written in the stars that we shall finish 5th after Steve brings on Frank and he scores with his first touch of the ball.Someone above is Looking kindly on us! But seriously l have still got a Lote of confidence after all Lets be honest Kings Langley the village near Watford are nothing special football ability wise and the big unknown have they got the bottle to see it through our guys Saturday proved that we have with that Late winner.

By cappers1/4/2019 09:04Mon Apr 1 09:04:08 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 701

Unless you're a beautiful lady no older than 35, let me know when you plan to do your naked run and I'll make sure I won't be there. Not that we're going to finish 5th anyway.

By Terry1/4/2019 09:37Mon Apr 1 09:37:15 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 730

Good Morning Cappers lve just written in reply to Whispering Minotaur that its in the stars after Steve puts Frank on as sub and scores with his first touch that we will finish 5th! We are going to finish 5th when the pressure comes on Kings Langley they are going to fold and l believe we will win our final 5 matches and finish 5th.Theres a Lot of 5s there!

Edited by Terry at 09:38:38 on 1st April 2019

By Whispering Minotaur1/4/2019 09:14Mon Apr 1 09:14:02 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 699

I will ensure all are aware if the run has to go ahead when it will be happening so it can be safely avoided (I'm male and in my 60s). Like yourself, I'm very confident it won't be going ahead.

By Terry1/4/2019 09:42Mon Apr 1 09:42:08 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 735

I know it April fools today so thats fine about a run! But we are finishing 5th you could tell Saturday the guys are fired up for this now and whatever it takes to win the 5 matches lm sure they will do.Come On You Reds!

By Whispering Minotaur1/4/2019 09:52Mon Apr 1 09:52:40 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 937

As mentioned below, Kings Langley is 2 miles closer to Hemel Hempstead than it is to Watford and your attitude towards them absolutely stinks just because they are a village. At least I know you are not representative of Harrow Borough fans, most of whom are far more realistic about your chances of finishing 5th.

My comment about the run stands - it is not an April Fool.

What will you do if Harrow fail to finish 5th? Come on, put your head on the line and come up with a forfeit.

By Terry1/4/2019 10:12Mon Apr 1 10:12:35 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 747

Right fine l take note of what you say l shall cease calling them a village near Watford in all further contributions.But on this forum its all about helping Boro to get 5th and we are allowed to have opinions on other teams too.No doubt on other forums the same goes on.Ive got the forfeit.One team l vow never to watch is Wealdstone.So if we dont make 5th at the first available opportunity l can when Wealdstone are home l will go and produce evidence if need be of a programme.How about that.Thats a big forfeit Listening to their fans sing anti boro songs for 90mins!

By Whispering Minotaur1/4/2019 10:15Mon Apr 1 10:15:30 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 706

Of course the same goes on - but not in every single post people make!

Have noted your forfeit - as long as you don't make it a county cup tie when their crowds are much smaller :)

By Terry1/4/2019 10:22Mon Apr 1 10:22:20 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 709

It shall be a proper League match full admission price and l will keep my word about that and if need be post a photo of the programme.That will be my forfeit if we dont finish 5th.So Lets pray we do!

By geemickey1/4/2019 13:50Mon Apr 1 13:50:49 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 678

Much as I'd like to share your blind optimism Terry, but I'm afraid you are now living in a dream world !

Face some facts :
Harrow B. are already 7 points adrift of Kings Langley and of their five remaining games only their visit to Taunton is likely to be difficult - Swindon S, Dorchester, Frome & Walton Casuals should all be three pointers for KL.

I reckon KL will get at least 10 more points whilst HB may get only 9 points from their remaining games - Chesham, Salisbury and possibly Tiverton could all be unco-operative.

HB will probably fall well short of Kings Langley's final points total - your only hope would be if Kings Langley refuse their place in the playoffs for financial or ground grading reasons, which I doubt.

Sorry to p on your chips Terry ! Enjoy the game at Wealdstone - at least you may see them miss out on their playoff chance.

Edited by geemickey at 13:51:56 on 1st April 2019

By Terry1/4/2019 15:06Mon Apr 1 15:06:41 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 723

Thanks Geemickey for your good humour as always lm sure thats what they all told Fergie when Man Utd were 12 points behind Newcastle l bet they didnt tell Fergie he was in a dream world.Good Luck if they did! But we all know the outcome of that never give in fight for every point and yes Fergie played some mind games and Keegan couldnt handle it.Well thats tough its a hard world and to me when Boro go on the pitch its all about winning.A bit Like Life in some ways.When l ran a business some years ago in the preverborial sense l may have used the elbows to get work.Well as Meatloaf once sang you took the words out my mouth because lm just going to a piece about this very subject where l shall explain we win 5 matches we shall finish 5th.l think personally its between Kings Langley and us for 5th as l expect Farnborough and Poole to draw Saturday and fade from then.

Edited by Terry at 15:54:44 on 1st April 2019

By Whispering Minotaur2/4/2019 08:15Tue Apr 2 08:15:53 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 662

Terry - Man Utd were 12 points behind Newcastle in mid-January, with nearly half the season left to play - completely different scenario!

Kings Langley will finish on 73 points, Poole and Farnborough on 65, Swindon & Harrow on 63. Swindon finishing higher on goal difference.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)2/4/2019 11:54Tue Apr 2 11:54:04 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 653

Realisticallly this is my opinion;

KL - 73
PT - 64
HB - 64
Fa - 63
SS - 61

IF HB win the next two games and KL only get 1 point from their next two games then I will believe we are back in it.

By Terry2/4/2019 13:18Tue Apr 2 13:18:36 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 642

Hello Harrowred do you know thats what lve been thinking.Kings Langley have got 2 tough matches against Swindon Supermarine and Taunton and lm predicting a draw with Swindon and Lose at Taunton.Be we have got to win our 2 games and l will be on halfway near the main stand to make sure we do! Then if its only 2 points at the start of Easter then game on! But thank you very much for giving your predictions Harrowred.

By Terry2/4/2019 08:28Tue Apr 2 08:28:33 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 656

Good Morning Whispering Minotaur.Thank you very much for giving your points prediction.You mention Man Utd but l remember them all saying at the time they had no chance and the press hailing what a great manager Kevin Keegan was but with fighting spirit and a fierce determination from Fergie and yes a few mind games that Keegan couldnt deal with Man Utd came back to win the title at Middlesborough l believe.Theres 5 games to go 15 points to win.Its all easy on paper its what goes on the pitch that counts.We saw that Saturday we kept playing and fighting to the end and got that vital goal.Yes its odds against we finish 5th probably a 6/1 chance but a Lot way to go yet plenty of twists and turns in this promotion race!

By geemickey1/4/2019 18:53Mon Apr 1 18:53:29 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 682

Can't fault your positive attitude Terry . I am going to be slightly embarrassed if Chesham trample on your dreams on Saturday but whatever happens, the Borough have had a terrific season.

I hope you do not get transferred back to the Isthmian next season, particularly if we say goodbye to Frome and Tiverton, thus eliminating two of the longest trips.

By Terry1/4/2019 19:09Mon Apr 1 19:09:55 2019In response to Re: Head To Head Boro V Kings Langley.Top of thread

Views: 672

Hello Geemickey Good Evening thank you for your kind words lm expecting the first of our 5 cup finals to be a tough game against Chesham who have improved a Lot.But l think our guys Learned how to win ugly Saturday so we put in the same determined performance lm expecting a 2-1 win.As for the Isthmian League its a great League but obviously we want step 2 if poss.Just for now its all about getting to 71 points which l believe will be enough for a play off.Which would be a fantastic acheivement whether we got promotion thereafter or not and of course Middlesex Senior Cup final on 16th April at Brentford.This season has been an adventure as l been with a group of our fans to Beaconsfield Dorchester Farnborough Hartley Whitney and of course over Land and Sea to Gosport.WoW! Not forgetting Staines too! So my message to the fans players and management is keep fighting never give up and Lets get that 5th place! Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 19:16:13 on 1st April 2019

Previous thread: The Final 5 Match Run In by Terry1/4/2019 15:07Mon Apr 1 15:07:51 2019view thread