Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Lets Get Those 3 Points! by Terry6/4/2019 08:56Sat Apr 6 08:56:43 2019view thread

My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.

By Terry4/4/2019 08:39Thu Apr 4 08:39:48 2019

Views: 776

The team lm picking on the forum is just my opinion l dont have any inside info about player availability or injuries etc.Its just for fun but on a serious note we did have a number of teams put forward for the Gosport game by fellow forum contributors so please feel free to do so to do again and if any of this helps towards a win Saturday that would be brill.Not an easy task this we have got so many talented players.l know the old adage is never change a winning team but l would make 2 changes and this would be my team to beat Chesham in this vital game.
1 Hafed AL-Duoubi
2 Josh Andrew
3 George Moore
4 Shaun Preddie
5 Nathaniel Oseni
6 Mark McLeod(C)
7 Frank Keita
8 Mark Bitmead
9 Anthony O'Connor
10 Micheal Bryan
11 Lewis Cole
Subs: Ryan Moss Jordan Ireland
Ryan Haugh Adam Perera
Excellence Muhemba.

So not an easy task at all that was tough! I know how Steve must feel not easy when you have so many good players.So please anyone else on the forum please have a go picking your team just for fun and lm just going to do another post on my reasons for picking this team.Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 08:40:13 on 4th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.

By Middx Wanderer4/4/2019 18:03Thu Apr 4 18:03:35 2019In response to My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 904

For what its worth, my X1 would still be

Hafed Al Droubi

Josh Andrews
Shaun Preddie
Adam Pepera
Ryan Haugh 

George Moore
Frank Keita
Mark McLeod 
Micheal Bryan

Ant O'Connor
Ryan Moss. 

But still think its more about the attitude rather than personnel, so its how we start rather who starts .

By Terry4/4/2019 18:28Thu Apr 4 18:28:17 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 721

Thank you Alan Middlesex Wanderer thats excellent to have another team picked in the mix.Yes absolutely we need to start quick in their faces and boss the game from the start.For too often at home for the first 20mins of matches it has Looked Like us the away team in terms of possesion.We need urgency from now onwards from the guys Like Last Saturday that was excellent.lm doing a preview in the morning of the game but the thing to stress now is this we maybe 7points behind Kings Langley but we are in the final furlong as we say in racing No Harrow Boro Fan Player or Management should give this fight up.Yes we need to win every game buts its a pretty good run in and lm backing us to do it. Lets be honest Kings Langley are no Weymouth they are an average team who Hartley Whitney should have beaten easily and they were Lucky by all accounts to win at Tiverton.The one big pressure match they had recently they Lost a 96th minute equaliser to Salisbury.So there are doubts in my mind whether they can deal with the pressure.These arent Mind Games but facts all the pressure is on them all the others on this forum have said they will finish 5th and we have got no chance so what we must do is win every game and when we do l believe we will finish 5th even if lm in a miniorty of 1 at the moment! Come On You Reds!

By Whispering Minotaur5/4/2019 08:47Fri Apr 5 08:47:24 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 938

Yes, Kings Langley conceded a 96th minute equaliser to Salisbury - nearly two months ago, since when they've also beaten Salisbury! Also since that draw, they've only lost twice - both times to Metropolitan Police. The other five games since that draw against Salisbury, they have won, all against sides below them in the table. Looks to me like they are coping with the pressure superbly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you lose 2-1 to a Frome Town side who are close to being relegated, and 3-0 to Hartley Wintney who at the time still weren't safe from relegation? Perhaps its Harrow Borough who are feeling the pressure? Just 11 points in your last 8 games, during which time Kings Langley have picked up 18 points in their last 8 games.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Terry5/4/2019 09:31Fri Apr 5 09:31:06 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 839

Yes some good points our form hasnt been good enough but l could tell Last week the guys are adopting a win at all costs mentality now and we are not messing around with the fancy stuff and getting stuck in to win these final 5 games.Yes Kings Langley have put together an impressive run of form so they may due a blip as they say.Hartley Whitney outplayed them the first 45 and should have been 3up at half time according to twitter l saw.They were Lucky at Tiverton as it was an even game and they got a Late goal.To me its all about Boro we win the final 5 we will finish 5th.

By Whispering Minotaur5/4/2019 09:44Fri Apr 5 09:44:17 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 829

Do you believe everything you read on Twitter is 100% accurate? It's generally just someone's opinion.

Edited by Whispering Minotaur at 09:44:36 on 5th April 2019

By harrowred (RedHarrow)4/4/2019 18:24Thu Apr 4 18:24:51 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 712

I'm suggesting the same team as Middx Wanderer.

Away at Chesham the combination of Bryan and Moore on the right tore them apart. They were a different team then though and we will have to be on our guard.

I'll be optimistic for once and go Boro 2-1 Chesham. 1-0 down at half time and second half goals from Moore and Moss keep us in the hunt.

Tiger Roll to win the grand national after too.

By Terry4/4/2019 18:34Thu Apr 4 18:34:29 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 728

Thank you Harrowred thats brill.Yes lm predicting 2-1 to Boro its going to be close but we have got so much to play for still and as l just said in reply to Alan no one gives up this fight yet.Sooner or Later Kings Langley will stumble and we have got to be ready to take advantage.

Edited by Terry at 18:35:18 on 4th April 2019

By Whispering Minotaur5/4/2019 08:38Fri Apr 5 08:38:13 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 720

Kings Langley will stumble will they? Are you absolutely 100% certain that they will? We all know nothing is certain in this life. There is a chance they won't stumble and win their last five games. Who knows? We'll find out starting tomorrow afternoon.

You never know, Kings Langley could be 10 points clear of you by 5pm tomorrow with just four games left to play - but I'm sure you'll still be absolutely certain that you'll finish 5th.

By Terry5/4/2019 09:16Fri Apr 5 09:16:50 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 730

Yes lm certain they will stumble the pressures is all on Kings Langley.These arent Mind Games being played but everyone is saying except me they have got 5th place wrapped up yet they still have to go to Taunton away going for the title and Walton Casuals away going for survival.When we get their Lead down to 2 points by Easter then we will see whos got the bottle for promotion Whispering Minotaur.

By Whispering Minotaur5/4/2019 09:50Fri Apr 5 09:50:17 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 704

There's that key word - "When". How do you know it is definitely, 100% going to happen? Can you see into the future?

By Terry5/4/2019 12:30Fri Apr 5 12:30:56 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 668

By saying When not Maybe or Could be shows a positive attitude you need that in Sport or in Life.As for twitter its not infalliable but normally a reliable view of things.
Its very exciting being in this Promotion Battle l know our Players and Manager will give it everything to get 5th.Its good being Underdogs Theres No Pressure On Us.Your Not Expected By All The Experts To Come 5th.But If Your 7 Points Clear And You Dont Make It People Will Say You Couldnt Handle The Pressure.This run in features 4 teams l accept that at the moment.Kings Langley are there to be caught and lm expecting our guys to make them fight all the way.So Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 12:31:55 on 5th April 2019

By cappers5/4/2019 12:38Fri Apr 5 12:38:17 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 693

Taking into account that Kings Langley haven't got a forum, I wonder if Kings Langley FC have ever been discussed as much on a forum as they have on this forum recently. Their ability to perform under pressure has been discussed. They've been called a village near Watford. Plus a lot more!

I think the big question on everyone's lips is have Kings Langley got the bottle to claim 5th place :)

By geemickey5/4/2019 13:07Fri Apr 5 13:07:00 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 717

It seems pretty certain Kings Langley will finish 5th - but does anyone know the costs they may be facing to get a Conference South ground grading ?

OK, they would be allowed a season to make the necessary changes but would the level of costs involved be sufficient to dissuade them from even accepting a place in the playoffs, if that is allowed ?

Clutching at straws, maybe, but it might be Harrow's last chance of making the playoffs.

I see that having briefly mastered the use of paragraphs, 'Terry' has opted to revert to his old style of presentation, before we could get on to the use of capitals and apostrophes etc. !!

By Terry5/4/2019 13:34Fri Apr 5 13:34:42 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 676

Hello Geemickey.Lovely to hear from you!
Im not throwing in the towel nor is the Manager the Players or us Fans in this fight for 5th! Good points you make about the cost though l was shocked to see Wealdstone £700,000 gone west recently.Wages and travel etc.obviously the cause.
Paragraph!
For Kings Langley or indeed ourselves it would be a big commitment.l understand through the forum that Kings Langley have some sort of relationship with Watford so maybe theres an angle for financial help with that for them.
As far as we are concerned if we made promotion then all of us have to raise our game.lm talking Directors and Fans.Us fans need to tell our friends about how great non League is and get them to come.The Club would have to be far more proactive in attracting fans.We have a very diverse population in Harrow and it would be great to see more of them come along.The ground would no doubt go up for naming rights and more sponsors etc would be needed.The Club needs to think of ways to do this as London is a massive place and Lots of oppurtunites to get sponsors.Not just concentrate in Local Companies in NW10.
It would a massive challenge hopefully with more fans coming and playing at a higher Level with a higher profile more sponsors and fans would be attracted.Thats my view!

By Terry5/4/2019 12:52Fri Apr 5 12:52:00 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 687

Hello Cappers great to hear from you.lm not calling them the village near Watford anymore because a fellow forum member thinks its its disrespectful so l shant do it! I shall make this clear l fully respect them absolutely.Like Boro they have Limited resources l suspect and they have put together a very good run of results.Some may call it Mind Games but this is a promotion battle not just of football ability but of character and that word you used Bottle.We all remember all those years ago how Keegan Lost it during that interview when Fergie questioned whether Leeds would try as hard against Newcastle as they did against Man Utd.Ok this is not the Premier League but we all have an opinion on this forum and Kings Langley are being mentioned so much because they are 5th at the mo 7points clear of us!

Edited by Terry at 12:52:30 on 5th April 2019

By cufcgeneral5/4/2019 13:27Fri Apr 5 13:27:43 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 688

Or is because the Little Village near Watford are in fact better supported than Harrow?

Chesham are a completely different side to the one that played you last. Our form in the last 25 games (since new managers) appointed is 6th best in the league, Harrow (9th) Langley (joint top). We've conceded 18 goals in that time, half the amount of the next lowest conceded - Harrow (48) same as the second worst in 25 games (Hendon)

Tomorrow will surely be the game where Terry finally admits the play offs are gone and he can claim that Harrow put the pressure on - like a little Tottenham Hotspurs

By Terry5/4/2019 13:52Fri Apr 5 13:52:41 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 759

Thank you CUFC General.Well lm not calling them a village near Watford any more.Kings Langley have earned my respect by their recent run of form.As for being better supported l think its near dead heat.But the thing about tomorrow is this.We have everything to play for and Chesham nothing! Your not going up! Your not going down!
Are your Guys up for a Battle Because be in no Doubt thats what Tomorrow will be when You Have So Little to Play for l Wonder! Or Would l be Accused of Playing Mind Games There!
Seriously your recent record impressive but you did start from a very Low base remember proping up the League for a number of months! But Games Are Played On The Pitch Not Bits Of Paper!
But thank you for being in touch its great to have other fans views on this great forum.Shows how far we have come when we were near the bottom nobody from other clubs were ever in touch!

Edited by Terry at 13:54:51 on 5th April 2019

By cheshfan5/4/2019 13:56Fri Apr 5 13:56:01 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 704

Terry

The more important question though, what’s the clubhouse like ? Does it sell real ale and do you have sky sports ?

By Terry5/4/2019 14:02Fri Apr 5 14:02:15 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 812

Hello Chesfan yes they have sky and a fine selection of beers l believe.Im one of those fans get to the match and get home again! But on our away travels Like Gosport Last week overLand/Sea journey a different story.
Being Irish l rarely spill a drink!
Hope you have a enjoyable visit tomorrow!

By cheshfan5/4/2019 21:52Fri Apr 5 21:52:37 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 748

Any idea what time the bar opens ? And will they be showing the qpr game ?

By Terry5/4/2019 21:58Fri Apr 5 21:58:59 2019In response to Re: My Starting Xl for Saturdays Game v Chesham.Top of thread

Views: 680

Hello Chesfan l know most things Harrow Boro but not that! I will put an appeal now on the forum.

Previous thread: Our Fantastic Forum! by Terry5/4/2019 15:18Fri Apr 5 15:18:12 2019view thread