Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Middlesex Senior Cup Final Video by TOWN COLOURS17/4/2019 20:35Wed Apr 17 20:35:13 2019view thread

Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0

By Terry16/4/2019 23:58Tue Apr 16 23:58:24 2019

Views: 784

First of all it was nice to see Dave Town Colours at the match and exchange views! Also seeing Stuart Fixtures Direct going on the bus he kindly told me where the ground was.
For the first 45 mins we held our own on another day Ryan Moss would have scored with a header but we were combative and showed we meant business.
Brentford B played a possesion game trying to play a wonder pass to get through us but we were solid.They hit us with a early strike 2nd Half to go 1up but Anthony O'Connor showed great pace to set up a one on one with the goalkeeper but it just went wide.
Brentford then got a 2nd and then there was no way back and it ended 4-0.
The guys can be proud the first half there was nothing in it and just their superior fitness and to be honest better players told towards the end.
I wish to Congratulate Steve Baker and the Players to getting to the final and l know we had a good following this evening and a most enjoyable evening at Griffin Park.
Man of The Match a tricky.one l will give to Shaun Preddie who as always Looked solid at the back.
We had a new goalie but still and old failing the ball being Lost in a bad area near our goal.
The only way to cure this l would say the keeper doesnt throw out anymore.Hes made to kick the ball so it goes into an opponents half.
Again we saw a short free kick instead direct to box the ball gets Lost cheaply.
All free kicks must go Long either the channel or preferably the box.End all short free kicks Pointless.
But overall big improvement from Saturday but the squad needs refreshing and an urgent review into training intensity and method of play for next season.
So Come On You Reds!

Edited by Terry at 23:58:44 on 16th April 2019
Edited by Terry at 23:59:08 on 16th April 2019
Edited by Terry at 23:59:37 on 16th April 2019
Edited by Terry at 00:38:15 on 17th April 2019
Edited by Terry at 00:39:25 on 17th April 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0

By Middx Wanderer17/4/2019 01:04Wed Apr 17 01:04:32 2019In response to Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 713

Proud of the players , great effort against quality opposition.
Brentford is a great place to watch football.
I am a little tired and emotional, good night!!

Up the Boro, best non league team in Middlesex

By Earlsmead part-timer17/4/2019 09:14Wed Apr 17 09:14:47 2019In response to Re: Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 721

Yep great effort from the lads and agree with Terry and Middx, we gave it a real good go and created plenty of good chances.
I felt certain Anthony O'Connors one on one chance was going to hit the back of the net, so close!
It was good to see Boro at a "big" stadium. But in a way I thought it hindered the very large Harrow support, as we were all separated out among the seating in the 876 crowd.
If it would have been a non-league stadium I'm sure most of us would have congregated to a standing area, probably behind the goal and we really could have cheered the lads on.
Still as I say great effort well done Boro, it just wasn't our day.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 09:16:13 on 17th April 2019

By Terry17/4/2019 12:14Wed Apr 17 12:14:50 2019In response to Re: Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 683

Hello Earlsmead Part timer you summend that up very well.Personally l would have a preffered a non League ground as it always was.
But reading the programme notes it appears it wants to give the Competion a higher profile by playing the final at a League ground.
It was a good night out Grffin Park is an old style ground if you Like and it was a good view of the action being close to the pitch the stand we were in.
We certainly werent disgraced but after all they are full time pros Brentford B and their extra quality showed in the end.
Time to get these 3 games out of the way and rebuild for next season
Hopefully with a more direct style of play and some new personnel.

Edited by Terry at 16:26:13 on 17th April 2019

By Middx Wanderer17/4/2019 09:52Wed Apr 17 09:52:40 2019In response to Re: Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 716

Its a shame they didn't open a bit more of the ground . So we could have moved to an area together. as said, excellent support . I assume the 876 was paying spectators as there was clearly over 1000 in the ground.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)17/4/2019 10:32Wed Apr 17 10:32:23 2019In response to Re: Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 717

Well done to the team on the season, making the top half and a cup final played at griffin park is very good. Sad that it seems to be petering out. If we can finish top 8, that would be fantastic and I'd take top 10 but if we finished 11th or 12th I'd be pretty disappointed now.

We gave Brentford a good game, certainly could have scored through O'Connor and Moss and Brentford only really ended the game when we threw the strikers on and opened ourselves up. A shame that we conceded 3 in the last 5 minutes because 4-0 flattered them for sure.

As for the ground, nice occasion for the players but agree it just didn't have that non league feel. Perhaps Boro fans behind one goal and Brentford behind the other would have been a good solution. Let's hope we can have a real go at scoring goals in the last 3 games and make it worth watching.

By geemickey17/4/2019 17:44Wed Apr 17 17:44:44 2019In response to Re: Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 685

I couldn't get to the game but was pleased to find Brentford were showing it on their twitter feed so I watched on my PC.

Excellent picture and very fair commentary.
It was good to hear the Brentford supporters were taking the game seriously.

Brentford had a lightning fast left winger who will surely have a good career ahead of him.

I felt Harrow, unsurprisingly, tired in the final 10 minutes and perhaps as a result they conceded two very late goals which they didn't really deserve. Until the second goal went in at around 80 minutes Borough were still in the game and had themselves created a few decent chances. Chasing the game at 0-2 left them vulnerable to the two later goals.

The Borough loanee goalkeeper was excellent, making three or four great saves. Sign him up !

I hope the fans who went to Griffin Park enjoyed their evening - the team certainly didn't let themselves down.

Edited by geemickey at 17:53:36 on 17th April 2019
Edited by geemickey at 17:54:19 on 17th April 2019

By Terry17/4/2019 20:03Wed Apr 17 20:03:29 2019In response to Re: Brentford B 4 Harrow Boro 0Top of thread

Views: 609

Hello Geemickey thanks for those kind words.
Yes it was a most enjoyable evening apart from the score!
Wonderful ground Griffin Park Like proper football grounds used to be.
Close to the pitch and terraces at both ends.
But dont mention the snack bar.A bit pricey!
As you say the first 45 not much in it and just superior fitness told and yes they have better players as the are full time pros.
Gary Ross our goalie for the night agreed we should sign him up permantly.
So thats one position filled of the 4 l Let go!
Just get these 3 games out the way now and and Lets get some new players in with a bit of fight and determination to win matches and yes no apologies play a direct physical game whatever it takes to win!

Previous thread: The 4 Players l Would Release. by Terry13/4/2019 21:27Sat Apr 13 21:27:35 2019view thread