Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tiverton Town away by BoroHome&Away20/4/2019 23:14Sat Apr 20 23:14:18 2019view thread

The playoff dream is over

By cappers20/4/2019 17:31Sat Apr 20 17:31:06 2019

Views: 679

It's official, we are not going to be in the playoffs (assuming the teams above don't get points deducted). Terry will be attending a Wealdstone game at the Vale next season. There will be no men running around the Earlsmead pitch naked.

Now the big question is can we finish in the top half of the table for the second consecutive season?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: The playoff dream is over

By Terry20/4/2019 18:21Sat Apr 20 18:21:56 2019In response to The playoff dream is overTop of thread

Views: 654

Hello Cappers Lovely to hear from you.Tiverton a bit far today so l watched a Local team Hillingdon Boro.Funny enough l shared a bus journey home with a Wealdstone fan who just Lost 3-1 to Dulwich at home.Home for Wealdstone of course is Ruislip Manor.I shall attend a Wealdstone League in August of new season and produce evidence if need be!
Good point for Boro today.
Steve trying some new players good to see.Just maybe 4 in and 4 out and play a more direct style and l expect us to be challenging again next season.

By Earlsmead part-timer20/4/2019 17:49Sat Apr 20 17:49:49 2019In response to The playoff dream is overTop of thread

Views: 641

Perhaps you ought to have prefixed that title "Terry's title dream is over" Cappers?
Oh I don't know, perhaps not.
But I do think those of us who weren't wearing the rose tinted glasses could see probably about mid-March, (definitely after the Hartley Wintney game) that the play-offs were clearly beyond us.
Looking forward to seeing those pics of Terry at Wealdstone!

By Terry20/4/2019 18:29Sat Apr 20 18:29:04 2019In response to Re: The playoff dream is overTop of thread

Views: 746

Hello Earlsmead Part timer its not just about football ability you need character and fighting spirit thats whats been Lacking in recent games.
That team today Steve picked was more Like it though l dont see how Micheal Bryan gets a game he doesnt do enough off the ball and not strong enough on it.
But thats a good point today and as l said to Cappers.Get Bryan Cole Moss and Duoubi Out and 4 new in Starting with Gary Ross and play it more direct and we shall be challenging again next season.
The Wealdstone game will be a League game in August and l will produce evidence of a programme l promise!

By Earlsmead part-timer20/4/2019 18:58Sat Apr 20 18:58:28 2019In response to Re: The playoff dream is overTop of thread

Views: 639

Absolutely agree with that Terry and for some reason that "spark" was missing in that game and in too many after that. You could see it clearly and I don't know why?
As you said it was all still there to play for, but I thought this teams lost its spark, its just not happening.
Strange as to why that was.
Still say football ability is a must, but yes you've got to have that character and backbone.
Pleased that lads did well and got a point down in Tiverton.
Rather you than me going to that place in Ruislip!!!

By Terry20/4/2019 19:06Sat Apr 20 19:06:58 2019In response to Re: The playoff dream is overTop of thread

Views: 626

To be honest l use to follow Ruislip Manor before they went bust when Boro were away.So Grosvenor Farm holds some good memories.
I will try and put some gloss on it Wealdstone are Local team and part of the non League family Just about!
You say about the spark Earlsmead Part timer beside Mark Mcleod and Shaun Preddie we are struggling for Leaders.Someone on the pitch who can say Lift things or thats not good enough.
In midfield Bryan and Cole are too Lightweight they dont keep the ball well enough in a challenge and dont do anything special with the ball when they have it.
If you dont control midfield your unlikely to win games.
But as l wrote today watching Broadfields thats the way to be successful.
Some will say its Long ball.Who cares its all about winning and nothing else matters in my book.

Previous thread: Tiverton 1 Boro 1 by Terry20/4/2019 18:48Sat Apr 20 18:48:52 2019view thread