Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by geemickeyToday 10:23Today at 10:23:18view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: That Race For 5th! by Terry21/4/2019 07:08Sun Apr 21 07:08:03 2019view thread

HBFC 9 STFC 1

By Earlsmead part-timer22/4/2019 18:56Mon Apr 22 18:56:01 2019

Views: 1704

Obviously a very one sided affair today and you can only play and beat who's in front of you.
Some cracking goals and a nice send off for the players in our last home game of the season.
Fair play to Staines , it's got to be incredibly tough for them with what they've had to put up with this season. Despite the score they kept trying to play football and never gave up.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1

By Terry22/4/2019 19:32Mon Apr 22 19:32:24 2019In response to HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1429

Im sorry Earlsmead Part Timer lve got to call this straight that is just a Total Farce and Vindicates my decsion to go to Northwood today.
The Southern League should have a rule begining of each season if you wish to play in the League your players must be of a Certain Standard.
Southern League AGM must find a way of stopping this situation happening again.
It should be simple once you cant field a team to compete then your out for tbe season and you accept relegation.
If we have people coming on the Forum tonight saying thats some of great win lm sorry its not.

Edited by Terry at 19:32:36 on 22nd April 2019
Edited by Terry at 19:33:01 on 22nd April 2019

By cappers22/4/2019 19:52Mon Apr 22 19:52:48 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1544

It wasn't a great win because of the situation Staines are in but as has been mentioned, you can only beat what is in front of you. Staines don't usually ship in as many as nine so we did well to score as many as we did. We did what we had to do. This isn't a Southern League issue. How can there be a rule saying your players must be of a certain standard? It's up to each club to put out a team to compete. The league can't get involved with that.

Staines by the way have beaten Swindon, Chesham and Frome at home. We lost all of those home games.

By Terry22/4/2019 20:04Mon Apr 22 20:04:03 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1348

Hello Cappers this a Southern League issue they have allowed this situation with Staines to turn matches against them into a Farce.
Its simple how you do it each team has to prove they can make their playing budget every week which they agree with League at the beginning of the season if they cant do that they cant play that Saturday.
Miss it 3 times and your out.Simple.

Edited by Terry at 20:04:16 on 22nd April 2019
Edited by Terry at 20:04:42 on 22nd April 2019

By Middx Wanderer22/4/2019 20:56Mon Apr 22 20:56:04 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1411

I don't think the other clubs would vote to expel other member clubs. So its impossible. A few years ago Leyton had a similar issue & the dropped out of the league. I think we should give credit to Staines credit for completing the season. The idea that every week their would be one club without a match to playeould be a bigger farce.
Also Chesham started awfully but will probabyl finish in The top half.

By Terry22/4/2019 21:13Mon Apr 22 21:13:11 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1276

Hello Alan Middlesex Wanderer l remember Leyton thats right.
Ok just suppose Staines were expelled for not meeting their commitment to the League.
You say a club would miss out on a match but this happens now if say we were out of the FA Trophy and the club we were meant to play was still in it.A Blank Saturday would happen.
I feel very strongly about this makes Non League Football a joke this current situation with Staines.
Next AGM Southern League must get out of the Ivory Towers and get some rules in place.
They alone must have Sanctions in Place that overide the clubs votes on certain vital issues and if not they are not doing their jobs properly.

By Earlsmead part-timer22/4/2019 21:34Mon Apr 22 21:34:12 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1346

Presumably if Staines had been expelled out the league (and I'm glad they weren't) we would have lost out on a lot of income/money over the Easter period, which is vital to a club like us.
Plus I wouldn't have been able to have a chat with ex-QPR man Barry Silkman.
Who found the time despite their troubles to have a quick chat and a bit of banter with the fans. Top bloke in my book.

By Terry22/4/2019 21:46Mon Apr 22 21:46:43 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1285

Well lm sorry l cant agree Earlsmead Part Timer.
Yes agreed Barry Silkman a colourful character.
But as for the farce today well we would normally been playing Hendon or dare l say Wealdstone once upon a time on a Bank Holiday Monday.
Im afraid Football is in a different world to the rest of us if you cant pay your way and are insolvent( No Money!)
You Go Out Of Business Thats the real world.
Yet clubs go bust owing thousands to creditors and come back such as AFC Telford and we are saw how their appalling fans behaved recently.

Edited by Terry at 21:49:00 on 22nd April 2019

By Whispering Minotaur23/4/2019 11:45Tue Apr 23 11:45:02 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1194

The whole point with Staines is that they are only spending what they can afford so they don't go out of business and thus the club continues to survive, even if it has to drop a level to do so. If they've paid all their relevant fees to the FA, Middlesex FA and the league, then they are fully entitled to play. Hopefully they can sort out what ever the issues are behind the scenes and be competitive at Step 4 next season.

It's one of those things that can happen in all team sports. As long as a club fulfils all its financial commitments, then they can play.

By Earlsmead part-timer22/4/2019 22:57Mon Apr 22 22:57:36 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1390

Always respect your opinion's Terry , that's what a good open forum is all about, it would be boring I'd they were all the same !
But I don't get your logic on this one.
If the Swans had been expelled half way through the season or whatever I can't see how we could have played anyone else.
Wealdstone and Hendon being otherwise engaged elsewhere.
Perhaps Man United would have helped us out and sent down an All Star XI to help pay the bills .

By Terry22/4/2019 23:03Mon Apr 22 23:03:23 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1331

Cheers Earlsmead Part Timer.Thats made me smile.
Good Point!
Well l tell you what lve been critical of training and maybe a Lack of intensity
They could put on a training session to the public and find out if Long throws are ever practiced.
Thats the best l can come up with!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)23/4/2019 11:40Tue Apr 23 11:40:29 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1243

After attending the game yesterday, I can understand why Terry didn't want to attend such a one sided affair. It wasn't very competitive but I have to agree, fair play to Staines for getting a team out every week in a difficult situation and completing the season.

I still enjoyed watching Boro score 9 but this Staines Town is would probably get beaten by the top teams in the Middx County Premier League. There are some very well organised teams in that league such as St Panteleimon, PFC Victoria and Pitshanger Dynamo who are all looking to go up to the next level.

It's clear Staines at the moment just turn up and go through the motions. A sorry state to see them in really. Best of luck to them in the future.

As for the game, we definitely could have got into double figures, Muhemba missing a great chance with Moss still missing his shooting boots too. I was surprised to see Holland, Fenton, Crichilow on the bench with no sign of Bitmead and Ireland watching from the stands too. Michael Bryan said he was being rested for Saturday v Salisbury. Some well taken goals which gives us a boost in the GD column as we look for a 7th place finish.

Interestingly at half time, Baker seemed to have words with Crichilow. Unsure what was said but Crichilow spent he rest of half time looking very bemused and getting the opinions of teammates to see if they thought he had done something wrong. He remained an unused sub so will have to see how that develops. Anybody else see it?

By Terry23/4/2019 18:34Tue Apr 23 18:34:18 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1319

Hello Harrowred l just couldnt bring myself to watch such a farce.
If Steves getting tough thats brill.
I know hes a passionate manager who wants to win every game badly.l have doubts about some of the players lm not sure most of the current squad have got what it takes in pressure games as we have seen final 2months of this season.

Edited by Terry at 18:42:10 on 23rd April 2019
Edited by Terry at 18:42:28 on 23rd April 2019

By Whispering Minotaur23/4/2019 20:35Tue Apr 23 20:35:25 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1286

Staines may be a very poor side, but in the games I saw them in, they didn't lack effort, workrate, or bottle. They just simply aren't good enough unfortunately.

It's happened before - and it'll happen again.

As I said in an earlier post - Huddersfield have been cast adrift at the bottom of the Premier League - some 74 points behind Liverpool (Staines are currently 71 points behind Weymouth). You aren't suggesting that Huddersfield get kicked out for being a poor side are you? So why suggest it for Staines?

By Terry23/4/2019 20:45Tue Apr 23 20:45:05 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1315

Well Whispering Minotaur Staines are insolvent they couldnt pay the squad the wages the promised so the players Left.
1st rule of Business you must have money to meet your commitments.
My Profession was a Painter/ Decorator if you had no money you cant buy paint.No Paint No Work!.
Staines its a farce every game.
The League should have taken swift action and expelled them when it was obvious they were insolvent.

By Whispering Minotaur23/4/2019 20:47Tue Apr 23 20:47:09 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1255

They are not insolvent? Who told you that? Where's your proof?

Yes, they couldn't afford to keep the players they had last season, so they brought in players they could afford. Better than the club going out of business.

By Terry23/4/2019 20:50Tue Apr 23 20:50:33 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1215

Hang on a minute why are the Youth team playing for them and why did all the players Leave.

By Whispering Minotaur23/4/2019 20:54Tue Apr 23 20:54:13 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1459

Did you read my previous comment, or did you just read what you wanted to read?

The players left because Staines couldn't afford to pay them - but they can afford to pay the players that are now turning out for them. I can assure you that some of them are far too old to be playing youth football.

There are some players who have been at Staines for the majority of the season.

By Terry23/4/2019 20:56Tue Apr 23 20:56:36 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1248

Do you know for a fact they are being paid or is it just playing expenses so they are in the shop window for other clubs.

By Whispering Minotaur23/4/2019 21:09Tue Apr 23 21:09:01 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1183

Answer my questions, then I'll answer yours.

Survival Saturday For Hendon

By Terry23/4/2019 21:13Tue Apr 23 21:13:49 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1210

Whispering there is only one question for you will Hendon escape the drop all this other stuff we are discussing isnt important.
I dont want to distract you from Survival Saturday!

Survival Saturday For Hendon

By Terry23/4/2019 21:13Tue Apr 23 21:13:28 2019In response to Re: HBFC 9 STFC 1Top of thread

Views: 1532

Whispering there is only one question for you will Hendon escape the drop all this other stuff we are discussing isnt important.
I dont want to distract you from Survival Saturday!

Re: Survival Saturday For Hendon

By Whispering Minotaur24/4/2019 09:35Wed Apr 24 09:35:36 2019In response to Survival Saturday For HendonTop of thread

Views: 1240

You don't like answering questions when you don't know the answer do you?

I shall be more honourable than you and answer your latest question regarding Saturday.

Can we do it? Yes. Will we do it? No idea.

We just have to ensure we win, then we don't need to worry about what the other teams are up to.

By Terry24/4/2019 09:54Wed Apr 24 09:54:15 2019In response to Re: Survival Saturday For HendonTop of thread

Views: 1338

No if l dont know the answer thats it!.
Well l hope The Hendon Blokes show more fight and bottle than Boro did in our pressure games.
I think l can say this with a Lot of certainty that all Boro fans will be cheering you on Saturday Whispering Minotaur.

By Earlsmead part-timer23/4/2019 21:38Tue Apr 23 21:38:42 2019In response to Survival Saturday For HendonTop of thread

Views: 1300

After reading the Price of football website, I'm personally amazed any football clubs in England are actually in business and trading.
Latest figures according to the site show virtually every club in debt and most running at a loss. In total at the last count English clubs are in debt to a tune of £ 3,517,300,000 and Manchester United possibly one of the most famous and successful English clubs,owe £ 496 million.
Expel the the lot of 'em !!!!!
Joking aside it's a sombre read and reflection on the modern game.
I wonder when the bubble will burst ?

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 21:40:12 on 23rd April 2019

By Terry23/4/2019 21:46Tue Apr 23 21:46:32 2019In response to Re: Survival Saturday For HendonTop of thread

Views: 1402

Very good analysis there Earlsmead Part timer l think the bubble has burst where me as fan wouldnt go to a Premier League match or have Sky Tv if you paid me.
To watch a bunch of over paid cheats.
No Thanks.
Give me real football The Southern League any day!

Previous thread: Whos Going Down! by Terry23/4/2019 21:20Tue Apr 23 21:20:34 2019view thread