Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Player Of The Year Awards. by Terry7/5/2019 22:21Tue May 7 22:21:44 2019view thread

2018/19 Season

By Earlsmead part-timer5/5/2019 20:59Sun May 5 20:59:58 2019

Views: 730

Just thought I'd post my highlights and lowlights of the season.
Overall u think it's been a very good and enjoyable season for club and fans alike (certainly that's IMO)
Seventh place finish and a MSc cup final to boot as well, I'd have taken that if given back in August.
Anyway here it is listed, the good and the not so good.

HIGHS
King's Langley away, first away win, thought then that the team had the making of a good season - one not struggling near the relegation zone.

Chesham United away, Dylan Kearney scored two there, you could see what a good player he was going to be for the club.

Our attacking play, for a good part of the season it's been fantastic to watch. So many goals, brilliant.

Some new places to visit.
Must admit I've enjoyed going south west rather than around the M25.

Wins against (the ones I got to see) Hendon, Merthyr, Farnborough, Supermarine, Hayes and Yeading, Poole, Gosport and of course Salisbury where it was great to see the players come over and celebrate with the fans.

Other notables

Dylan Kearney, have I mentioned him.
Brentford, Weymouth away, Clapton (always wanted to tick that ground off, what a mud bath!)
NGU, and Northwood.

LOWS

Kearney moving on.
The loss of form after he left, (think we would have made the play-offs had he stayed)
The shenanigans in the crowd against Merthyr at home.
Losing to Hornchurch and Biggleswade in the Fa cup and Trophy.
Our disciplinary record.
Losses to Wimborne, Frome, Farnborough and Hartley Wintney.
After the Hartley match I knew the game was up as far as the play-offs were concerned.

Any other views out there?

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 21:01:33 on 5th May 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: 2018/19 Season

By Middx Wanderer6/5/2019 18:31Mon May 6 18:31:04 2019In response to 2018/19 Season Top of thread

Views: 803

That's a fair summary of the season.
A high even before a ball was kicked was retaining most of the squad from the previous season even though we switched leagues.
Cumberbatch & Minter left but Al Droubi & Frank Keita were very able replacements. The introduction of Kearney then raised the bar for the whole squad.

A disappointment would be never really finding our best central defensive pair or trio despite having plenty of very able players in those positions. Our signings from New Year onwards didn't really bring anything to the party which was a shame as we needed at least one to have an impact.

I really enjoyed this season, I certainly do not want us to be in the Isthmian next term. Truro should be fun & return visits to Taunton , Dorchester, Salisbury, Merthyr & Wimborne will be looked forward too.

By Fixtures Direct6/5/2019 19:36Mon May 6 19:36:05 2019In response to Re: 2018/19 Season Top of thread

Views: 709

For me the highlight of the season was Josh Andrews debut against Basingstoke and the low was our lack of discipline at the Uxbridge charity cup game. The general opinion seems to want another season in Southern league. It would be great if people could chip in to the coach fund again, particularly as we are looking at an overnighter at Truro.

By South Harrow Old Boy7/5/2019 20:21Tue May 7 20:21:44 2019In response to Re: 2018/19 Season Top of thread

Views: 688

I'm another happy customer. I fully enjoyed this season also. My thanks to management, players, fellow supporters and all those who work behind the scenes for making it so enjoyable.
My highlights were the home win over Taunton. The way the team kept their cool despite the obvious thoughts of revenge were admirable plus the way they ignored the fouls and provocation from the opposition.
Another highlight was immediately after the Taunton defeat with three players suspended and others injured to then go and beat Merthyr, Beaconsfield and draw with Weymouth in the space of a week showed great spirit.

Previous thread: KIT AID to Banish those winter BLUES by Middx Wanderer17/4/2019 09:58Wed Apr 17 09:58:44 2019view thread