Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3. by Terry13/8/2019 23:09Tue Aug 13 23:09:07 2019view thread

Hayes+Yeading v Boro Match Preview

By Terry13/8/2019 06:57Tue Aug 13 06:57:37 2019

Views: 696

So Looking forward to tonights game and of course the 3G pitch!
We need the same effort and commitment as Saturday especially what we saw in the first half when we took the game to Merthtyr and easily could have been 3up at half time.
Start the game at a good tempo tonight get the ball forward early get some early challenges in and impose ourselves on the match.On this pitch don't mess with short passes etc get the ball in the opponents half early.
The old adage never a change a winning team is fair but either way we have a strong bench with Max Holland Will Turl George Fenton Lewis Cole and Excellence thats some bench!
Hayes+Yeading are nothing special struggling to get a point at Tiverton who are one of the favourites for the drop.
So as many fans as poss get to Beaconsfield Road this evening and Lets get those 3 vital points!
So Come On You Reds!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hayes+Yeading v Boro Match Preview

By Middx Wanderer13/8/2019 09:40Tue Aug 13 09:40:08 2019In response to Hayes+Yeading v Boro Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 595

Whilst I share your dislike of back passes, playing short passes on plastic pitches is essential. Any one who went to Harlow away a couple of years ago witnessed what happens when you try playing a long ball game. Usain Bolt would be stretched to keep the ball in play!

Hayes are a very decent side & will be a big test for us. We drew with them in the Middx Cup back in the spring & they have made some impressive signings since.

By Terry13/8/2019 15:14Tue Aug 13 15:14:54 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading v Boro Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 576

Hello Alan Middlesex Wanderer my view is hit the channels and play a pressing game which we did really well 1st half Saturday.I respect what you say about the pitch and maybe the ball zipping a bit but l always say try and and get width and good balls in the box.Maybe lm old fashioned!
The fact they were struggling to get a draw against Tiverton suggests to me we should have nothing to fear from Hayes+Yeading this evening
Start the game at a good tempo and yes get into to them early wiith some tackles in midfield make it a contest and as l mentioned in my article we have a very strong bench as as they say with most bases covered.
So lm thinking something of the order 3-1 to Boro!

Edited by Terry at 15:19:13 on 13th August 2019

By Earlsmead part-timer13/8/2019 13:59Tue Aug 13 13:59:36 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading v Boro Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 583

Also hope we can get the 3 points, but likewise think H&Y are a very good team (one of my tips to make the top 5 in
our fans prediction table)
There miles better than Merthyr.Expect a tough game.

By Terry13/8/2019 15:05Tue Aug 13 15:05:43 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading v Boro Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 553

Im confident Earlsmead Part Timer we are the away team playing on their 3G pitch yet we are are 6/4 co favs to win this with the bookies.
I respect your view but they were struggling for a draw against Tiverton who were 66/1 to win our League at start of play Saturday.
We play as we did Saturday lm sure we win this one!

Previous thread: Harrow Boro 1 Merthyr 0 by Terry11/8/2019 07:16Sun Aug 11 07:16:02 2019view thread