Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hartley Wintney v Harrow Borough by BRAMLEY15/8/2019 18:33Thu Aug 15 18:33:29 2019view thread

Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.

By Terry13/8/2019 23:36Tue Aug 13 23:36:34 2019

Views: 856

First of All a Big Thank You to Alan James for running the Supporters Bus travel tonight l know all the fans who travelled would agree.
Also good to see Ryan Moss come on l know everyone at the club wishes him well.
As for the match we were the Better team and Thoroughly deserved to win!
We started well on the front foot and a Worldie from 25 yards from Micheal Bryan opened the scoring for us.
Frank Keita should have made it 2 but just a weak finish when in a one on one with the keeper.
Just something for Frank to work on hes a highly talented player and top fella.
Their equalisier we just dropped off in midfield some wont Like what lm about to say but we should have put a foul in earlier in their sequence of passes and then defended the ball from a central free kick instead it was worked wide and a header from a cross made it 1-1.
They went 2-1 when we switched off from a corner just a Lack of concentration on marking.
We made 2-2 with a pen after Anthony O'Connor was fouled and the penalty from Frank Keita cooly taken!
2-2 at half time for 15 mins after the break we just werent at it l was screaming and so was Steve Baker to up the tempo we managed to do that when George Nicholas power free kick was bundled away by the keeper.
Our winner great delivery from another free kick by Micheal Bryan and Anthony O'Connor bravely going in and getting the winner.
We rode our Luck a bit towards the end l would Like to see our keeper Hafed be a bit more commanding of his 6 yard box but overall very good.Most excellent!!!
So lm giving it another 9/10 and yet again Micheal Bryan Man of The Match for his wonder goal and all round effort on and off the ball.
Also a word for Steve Baker our Manager whos doing an Outstanding job on a Limited Budget.
So Come on You Reds!(Or Yellows as We Were Tonight!!!!)

Edited by Terry at 23:37:53 on 13th August 2019
Edited by Terry at 06:28:20 on 14th August 2019
Edited by Terry at 06:28:34 on 14th August 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.

By Earlsmead part-timer14/8/2019 12:46Wed Aug 14 12:46:54 2019In response to Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.Top of thread

Views: 836

Yep pretty fair assessment of the match there Terry.
Also agree Michael Bryan was outstanding (again) and brilliant goal. He was putting cross after cross in there last night , HandY didn't know how to cope with him. Possibly there excellent pitch suiting his style of play.
The goals are up on H&Y fans forum.
I thought Haf could have done better on the second goal, but seeing it now you can see it took a wicked deflection and he actually had no chance.
A great team effort all round .
Well done lads , appreciated by the travelling fans.

By Terry14/8/2019 13:13Wed Aug 14 13:13:36 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.Top of thread

Views: 906

Yes Absolutely Earlsmead Part Timer we dug in well showed good character and bottle as we did Saturday to get the win.
I think many very good signs for the season and lm may have to revise my prediction for a Top 5 finish to a Top 3 or better!!!

By cappers14/8/2019 18:11Wed Aug 14 18:11:45 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.Top of thread

Views: 917

Thanks Terry for your review of the game. It's useful for people like me who aren't able to get to the games. Delighted with the start we have made to the season. These early points could be crucial come the end of the season. Terry, I seem to remember you being very critical of Hartley Wintney last season and you described their ground as being Combined Counties League standard. Will you be attending the match on Saturday?

By the way, I absolutely love our yellow away kit. It's nice to see my two clubs Watford and Harrow Borough playing in my favourite colour!

By Terry14/8/2019 18:41Wed Aug 14 18:41:53 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.Top of thread

Views: 788

Hello Cappers thanks for those kind words about my article.
We are playing more direct and with better tempo and quality
Hartley Witney Saturday lm giving a miss.
I nearly had a bust up with some white haired fan of theirs in March and the ground is of a poor quality a bit Like some of their fans.
Im expecting Boro to beat them Saturday and be top of the League after 90 mins there.
Im going to sample the delights of Northwood on Saturday playing against Westfield from Sussex l believe.
Good to see you back on the forum Cappers!

By BRAMLEY14/8/2019 19:03Wed Aug 14 19:03:56 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.Top of thread

Views: 814

You will be sorely missed at our humble little poor quality venue Terry. Have a great day at Northwood - we Hartley fans hope that you can make the corresponding home fixture at your resplendent stadium. :-)

By Terry14/8/2019 19:15Wed Aug 14 19:15:50 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.Top of thread

Views: 797

Thank you Bramley.We have to be honest on our forum and lm telling it the way l see it.One of your fans told me to something off when l questioned a refs descsion and yes l will be making the home match at Earlsmead.
You did us 3-0 Last season but our guys a Lot more focused and determined now so lm expecting us to go there and win.
But good to have other teams fans with us on the forum thats what happens when were doing well sharing in our success!

By Middx Wanderer14/8/2019 20:41Wed Aug 14 20:41:26 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.Top of thread

Views: 920

I thought we were excellent in the first half, but some how found ourselves 2-1 down, until the ref finally took notice of the Hayes centre half pushing on almost every occasion he went for the ball!
The second half, both sides cancelled each other out for long periods. The Hayes keeper made a fantastic save from Keita's header before our pressure finally brought a 3rd goal. Ant O'Connor scoring a goal that was deserved as he worked so hard up front alone for most of the game.

By Terry14/8/2019 21:20Wed Aug 14 21:20:38 2019In response to Re: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3.Top of thread

Views: 788

Yes Alan Middlesex Wanderer l agree totally about Anthony O' Connors work rate and determination and he fully deserved to get the winning goal.
The guys seem ti have more steel in digging out results now and a bit more nous in hitting the channels and playing in oppos half more.

Edited by Terry at 21:25:58 on 14th August 2019

Previous thread: Hayes+Yeading 2 Harrow Boro 3. by Terry13/8/2019 23:09Tue Aug 13 23:09:07 2019view thread