Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harrow Boro v Binfield Match Preview. by Terry7/9/2019 08:26Sat Sep 7 08:26:10 2019view thread

Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1

By Terry31/8/2019 18:20Sat Aug 31 18:20:00 2019

Views: 999

This wasnt a game for the purist it was rough and tumble and l think definitely a point gained.
I was surprised Steve Baker Started With Jordan Ireland and Lewis Cole who are fine players but personally l would have gone with Excellence Muhemba and Frank Keita for a more physical prescence in midfield.
For most of the first half we were second best to the ball and for Large parts under the cosh as they say.
Tauntons goal a ball not cleared and a Low shot.
Steve must have read the riot act at half time we were a yard sharper to the ball and George Moores fine strike Levelled it.
Like l say a tough battle we could have won it near the end if the ref had played an advantage but thats football!
Just a couple of points.
Short Corners are pointless its 50/50 about getting a cross in so bin them
We had 2 free kicks on corner of the box and yet instead of crossing in the box we tried to score Worldies!
If we had the ability of any Brazil side or Holland of the 70s yes maybe but l think play the percentages and get it in the mixer.
So 8/10 performance and man of the match Shaun Preddie a rock at the back!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1

By Earlsmead part-timer31/8/2019 20:24Sat Aug 31 20:24:26 2019In response to Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 993

Agreed , Taunton were far the better side in the first half.
I think it's the first time (imo) that we've come up agains a fit side who put us under pressure and sustained attack.
Also agree we coped much better second half and could easily have won it.
Lewis Cole hitting the post and George Moore taking his goal really well.
As for the refs decision not to play the obvious advantage when their last man fouled Ant O'Connor - one of the worst decision's I've seen a ref make !
Ant was past him , about to pull the trigger. All he had to do was play on and see what happened, if he missed the chance bring play back and give the free kick, then send the Taunton player off !
Dreadful Refereeing !
Disagree with you about the short corners.
Michael Bryan and George Moore did just that for our opening goal at Walton at last week. I'm not saying do it all the time , just keep your football flexible, keep the opposition guessing.
As for free kicks I'd give them to GM all the time , he's scored loads over the last couple of seasons. If there on target and the keeper saves, they can never hold on them. If I was a Borough player I'd be ready for the rebound !
Still as you say not one for the purist, but a very entertaining game. Taunton will be there or there abouts come the end of the season.
So a good point in the end , well done Boro.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 20:28:43 on 31st August 2019

By Terry31/8/2019 21:22Sat Aug 31 21:22:59 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 992

I agree with a Lot of that Earlsmead Part timer except for the short corners!
Yes the ref should have played an advantage but seem to panic a bit because it was a sending off.
But of course we dont know if Ant would have scored very Likely but we will never know!
Im doing a Special article on the ref and fans in the morning.
Something to Look forward too!!!!!

By Middx Wanderer1/9/2019 14:49Sun Sep 1 14:49:31 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 982

A very enjoyable match to watch.
Taunton bossed the first half, but didn't make Hafed make any saves of note.
The second half was all Boro, Moore took his goal really well & was inches away from a second too. Lewis Cole hit the post with a wonderful shot that the keeper was no where near it
O'Connor had another terrific match & was robbed by outrageously bad refereeing in the final minutes.

By Middx Wanderer2/9/2019 06:35Mon Sep 2 06:35:47 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 1012

Oh dear, Taunton should be ashamed of these idiots

[url https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k1AEqlFwUqQ&feature=youtu.be[/url]

By Terry2/9/2019 08:42Mon Sep 2 08:42:09 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 910

Yes Middlesex Wanderer thanks for posting that video.
They remind me of Laurel and Hardy in some ways!
The management team of Taunton.
The pitch not good Enough Tough its the same for both teams not that Taunton keep it on the ground enough for them to complain!!!
As for the comment about the Ref agreed he didnt have the best game but l thought everyone in non League agrees to the Respect Campaign.
Respect your opponents.
Dont whine about the ground area or facilities.
Respect match officials.
As l mentioned in my article No Ref No Match.
When l think of the West Country its Cider Cricket The Wurzels and Rugby.
Its never been a great football area and l think Tauntons physical approach hailed from the Rugby Era!!!
Non League Football to me is about a good hard game played in the right spirit and the best team winning.
Taunton their players management and yes fans need to understand that they have no God given right to just rock up and expect 3 points.
So l hope they concentrate more on themselves instead of complaining about others!

Edited by Terry at 08:43:15 on 2nd September 2019
Edited by Terry at 08:45:32 on 2nd September 2019

By TOWN COLOURS2/9/2019 17:32Mon Sep 2 17:32:03 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 995

That video was really quite enjoyable. All the moaning and groaning and how they should have won easily. Interestingly their video of the match missed out the shot from Lewis that hit the post. Luckily the interviewer of the two individuals did not let them get away with all the derogatory comments and they had to concede they were very lucky to get a point.

By Middx Wanderer3/9/2019 16:37Tue Sep 3 16:37:12 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 997

Apparently the guy doing the interview was their Chairman, if that is correct the league should be contacting him

By Terry2/9/2019 20:18Mon Sep 2 20:18:29 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 929

Yes agreed Town Colours.
First rule of football should be respect thy Opponents and their Ground.
Take a Win and a Loss with Grace and if you get Lucky near the end as Taunton were shut up moaning!!!!!!
Great to have you back on the Forum Town Colours!

By cappers2/9/2019 08:37Mon Sep 2 08:37:59 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 898

There's no love lost between Taunton and us. Our non geographical rivals perhaps.

By Terry2/9/2019 08:48Mon Sep 2 08:48:35 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 914

Perhaps Cappers.
But we only have one rival and their 5 points clear of National League South.
That Team from Ruislip l believe!!!!!

By Terry2/9/2019 08:48Mon Sep 2 08:48:21 2019In response to Re: Harrow Borough 1 Taunton 1Top of thread

Views: 913

Perhaps Cappers.
But we only have one rival and their 5 points clear of National League South.
That Team from Ruislip l believe!!!!!

Previous thread: Predictions; Southern Prem South Top 5 by Middx Wanderer7/8/2019 17:38Wed Aug 7 17:38:49 2019view thread