Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Rugby by BoroHome&Away24/10/2019 19:53Thu Oct 24 19:53:08 2019view thread

Boro 1 Met 2

By Earlsmead part-timer22/10/2019 23:19Tue Oct 22 23:19:33 2019

Views: 887

Went this evening. Didn't think we played that bad.
Met Police I thought played really well.
Good goal from Kunle, outstanding solo goal for their equaliser. And an absolutely silly penalty to give away .
Hafed should have cleared ball IMO quicker when he had chance too. Didn't and defender was put under to much pressure. Terrible ball.
How many penalties have we given away this season !!!
Good grief.
Otherwise as I say I didn't think we were to bad .
Entertaining game .
Our luck needs to change for Saturday, doesn't it ? ......

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 23:20:24 on 22nd October 2019
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 23:38:38 on 22nd October 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Boro 1 Met 2

By Terry23/10/2019 05:53Wed Oct 23 05:53:12 2019In response to Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 1000

Hello Earlsmead Part timer.Unfortunately a work commitment stopped me from attending the match.
As for Luck you make your own through hard work and dedication.
Is there enough hard work in training do the players work enough to be tough to score against for example.
We Lost a goal in the first minute Saturday that should never ever happen if players are switched on and mentally focused.You need a player to gee people up before the start and show leadership
If need be give a free kick away and organise from there.
Jordan Ireland not starting tonight to me a mistake as he is a physical presence middle of the park where through poor signings we are very weak in players strong enough on the ball.You dont have the ball you wont win matches!
AFC Sudbury are nothing special bring the right attitude and commitment take the game to them and we should be far too strong.
But it should be a good test of character for the guys can they dig out a result on the plastic pitch.
Im sure we will.
So Come You Reds!!!!

Edited by Terry at 05:54:13 on 23rd October 2019
Edited by Terry at 05:54:39 on 23rd October 2019

3 people dislike this 3 people

By Earlsmead part-timer23/10/2019 09:05Wed Oct 23 09:05:38 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 826

Yep agreed Terry. You do make your own luck and it tends to even itself out over the season anyway.
Although we weren't pulling up trees yesterday and the final ball I felt was often poor last night , I've seen us play a lot worse than that and we've come away with something.
At the moment the slightest mistake gets shown up and punished.
But as you say, no good feeling sorry for ourselves, if you get knocked down comeback stronger .
Can't make the Trophy game hope the lads can put it behind them and approach Saturdays game with a positive attitude.
Let's get through to the next round and start turning the corner.

By Terry23/10/2019 09:21Wed Oct 23 09:21:12 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 1127

You say something important there the final ball not good enough.
Simple way to correct do passing drills in training. Work on crossess work on free kick deliveries.
I watch the guys before kick off carefully
casually just kick ball to each without any sort of intensity. No ones shaking their fist no one is showing the opposistion that we are up for the fight and contest.
There sees to be an acceptance we do what we can and thats it.
Thats not good enough at any Level you should not be conceding goals every match in the way that we are doing at the moment and yes l will say it there must be a fear factor of Losing not just a shrug of the shoulder as we often see.
A big match at AFC Sudbury Saturday a run in The Fa Trophy can be financially rewarding and glamour tie maybe in Later rounds.
There needs to be some tough words said before that match by the management to get players motivated and not come off the pitch without a win!
Thats my view Earlsmead Part timer please other forum members what do you think.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)23/10/2019 11:21Wed Oct 23 11:21:08 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 882

Things have got pretty dire fairly quickly. After a promising start to the season, I think most of us thought we could challenge for the top 6 again.

However since beating Binfield in the FA Cup we have played 8 league games and got 4 points. That’s relegation form and it shows. We’re only 3 points above the drop zone now. Although I think the players we brought in this season are decent and we seem to be playing well, we just are not getting results. That needs to change and quickly. Throw in the cup defeats to Carshalton and Beaconsfield and we have won 1 in 10. Our form has affectively carried over from the end of last season. 2019 results will not make for good reading if someone looks them up.

We do have a run of games now to drag ourselves back into the top half and 10 but I’m not overly optimistic right now.

By Terry24/10/2019 01:10Thu Oct 24 01:10:59 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 739

Hello HarrowRed try to be optimistic 1 result can often change a season around.
What you say about the players brought in l presume the midfield area.
They are good technical players agreed but Lack physical precense to hold the ball or win the ball this is why we are so open and you see oppostion players running 20 yrds with ball when frankly and its a dark art give the guy a kick and stop the attack.Defend the free kick with players back.
We urgently a Leader Fenton/Preddie are the only 2 with this quality to shake some of the guys and get them giving 100% for the cause.
We need Hard Work and Determination Saturday.
Show that and we will beat a very Limited AFC Sudbury side plastic pitch or not!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)24/10/2019 15:37Thu Oct 24 15:37:34 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 711

I have to agree with Terry about the midfield. I think Cole, Keita, Maloney and Ireland are all good players and offer a lot but they’ve all been brought in from lower league sides than ourselves. We don’t have an experienced head in there who can win the ball and protect the defence. I’d like to see us try to go and sign someone older who has been around the block in the national leagues. This could free up the likes of Keita and Cole to play more attacking.

I agree we hugely miss Bryan and Moore should play further up as he always is good for a goal. We need Pepera back ASAP and it was a shame we didn’t keep Oseni from last season.

Good luck to Moss, a good striker in his time for us but lost his goal scoring touch since Kearney left for Sutton.

I think we could also do with looking at a left winger. Someone who will get it down and take on the full back and deliver a cross.

I’d like to see this going forward;

4-2-3-1

Hafed;
Andrews, Preddie, Pepera, C.Cole;
New CM, Keita;
Moore, Bryan, New LW
Kearney

Subs: Drage, Warner-Eley, J.Ireland, O’Connor

That still leaves us with Fenton, Haugh, L.Cole, Maloney, McCleod Muhemba, M.Williams and Oluwajon when fit and available to step in too.

By Terry24/10/2019 15:50Thu Oct 24 15:50:43 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 727

Thank you for that excellent contribution Harrowred get things in the mix and out there.
Absolute Vital a ball winner not afraid to get stuck in and pass the ball 10yrd play centre midfield dictate the game.
You mention Left winger someone who can cross a ball well if he can take players on thats a bonus.But can cross well and consistently
You Look at the team you put out there theres talented players and the bench too.
But you need the right balance.
Some games you have to win ugly and we dont have the ability to do that.
Your system ok but lm a big 4-4-2 keep it simple we dictate to the opposistion not them to us and if any of the players or management are reading this.My message is this.
Show no fear Saturday forget about the Plastic pitch we have got far better players than AFC Sudbury and with the right attitude and determination we will win this match.
Thats my team talk Harrowred.

Edited by Terry at 15:51:16 on 24th October 2019

By Whispering Minotaur24/10/2019 14:47Thu Oct 24 14:47:34 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 709

Terry, please explain why you think AFC Sudbury are a very limited side? Are you basing this purely on their league position, or have you actually seen them play this season? Please do not avoid the question.

By Terry24/10/2019 14:57Thu Oct 24 14:57:11 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 701

Hello Whispering a very straight answer AFC Sudbury 15th of 20th in a League below us in the pyriamid suggests they arent very good even with undoubted advantage of a plastic pitch.

By TOWN COLOURS23/10/2019 21:09Wed Oct 23 21:09:20 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 754

We were not that bad last night . Met Police seemed to have that little bit more desire.
We are missing the likes of captain Adam Pepera - not lost a match with him playing - plus Michael Bryan.
I would personally like to see George Moore playing higher up the field - similar to the role he played in the demolition of Salisbury last season. We continue playing Manny Williams seemingly every other game - he being on duel registration with Slough. I am sure George could play his role well. He is wasted at right back IMO. With Ryan Moss now gone - very sad although he seems to have lost his confidence - and Dylan unavailable for Saturday at AFC Sudbury the players will need to put in a good shift if we are to get anything out of the match. Hopefully their confidence will come back sooner rather than later.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Terry24/10/2019 00:58Thu Oct 24 00:58:13 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 790

Hello Dave Town Colours.
Im grateful for your views on the Met Police game as l had a work commitment and couldnt make the game.
Sorry to hear Ryan Moss has gone l would thank him for his service.
George Moore yes agreed further up the pitch but again another who needs to work on his crossing of the ball.
You mention Met Police wanted it more and the Lacking of Confidence.
Well l have to call it as it is thats down to the manager his job is to motivate and give confidence to players and of course judgement on team formation and signing of players.
Steve Baker has done a excellent job as manager on a tight budget.
But weve gone off the rails by not keeping clean sheets.
Personally l would go for a change of keeper someone to give Hafeefd competition for his place.
Some battle hardened players need middle of park so we arent so open to play against.
Someone who does a Long throw
Someone who can shake their fist and demand more.
Aka Wayne Walters/ Harry Manoe/Adam Everitt.
Commentating on this is harder than my new job!!!!
But as ever Town its.
Come On You Reds!!!!!!!

Edited by Terry at 00:58:51 on 24th October 2019
Edited by Terry at 00:59:32 on 24th October 2019

By Whispering Minotaur24/10/2019 14:48Thu Oct 24 14:48:58 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 763

Terry, why do you think you need a new keeper? How many of the goals you've conceded as he actually been at fault for? Surely it is the midfield and defences fault that they are letting the players through to score?

By Terry24/10/2019 15:16Thu Oct 24 15:16:37 2019In response to Re: Boro 1 Met 2Top of thread

Views: 733

Yes Whispering agreed to a certain extent but over 100 league goals Conceded in a season and 1/3rd is a Concern.
Im saying Hafeed and every player needs a competition for their place.
In fact Life in general we all need Competition to strive to do better.
But Boro are in Crisis at the moment and we need a big response Saturday from the management and players.
We can all say if you like its just a dip things will be fine but l think best to tackle problems head on come out fighting and face problems when they arise.
Thats what make this forum so good we arent afraid to give opinions.
I get some thumbs down couldnt care less lve supported Boro since 1975 and all thats matters to me is that they win matches and are successful!

Edited by Terry at 15:17:13 on 24th October 2019
Edited by Terry at 15:17:40 on 24th October 2019
Edited by Terry at 15:18:13 on 24th October 2019
Edited by Terry at 15:18:40 on 24th October 2019

Previous thread: Terry Tactics by geemickey24/10/2019 08:46Thu Oct 24 08:46:59 2019view thread