Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harrow Borough 1-7 Brentford B by Whispering Minotaur5/12/2019 14:55Thu Dec 5 14:55:39 2019view thread

Yate v Harrow Borough Match Preview.

By Terry30/11/2019 12:01Sat Nov 30 12:01:41 2019

Views: 745

Im not making this one this afternoon so lm relying on other forum members for a match summary.
The message is clear we have got better players than Yate Town and if our guys can just show better skill Levels we will win this game.
Our Commitment and Determination was spot on against Wimbourne but the quality not there.
Lets forget matching opposistions systems etc 4-4-2 the way to go.
A few tackles going in the midfield and good crosses going in the box and we should have far too much for this team in Somerset.
Im saying as we never keep a clean sheet 3-1 to Boro.
Come On You Reds!!!!!!!

Edited by Terry at 12:02:20 on 30th November 2019
Edited by Terry at 12:02:50 on 30th November 2019
Edited by Terry at 12:45:52 on 30th November 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Yate v Harrow Borough Match Preview.

By RedHarrow (harrowred)30/11/2019 17:04Sat Nov 30 17:04:43 2019In response to Yate v Harrow Borough Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 711

We are in serious trouble right now. Our Form is horrible. Relegation battle is looming massively.

Re: Yate v Harrow Borough Match Preview.

By Earlsmead part-timer30/11/2019 18:35Sat Nov 30 18:35:36 2019In response to Re: Yate v Harrow Borough Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 822

Yep , big , big trouble.

Dont Panic!

By Terry1/12/2019 08:58Sun Dec 1 08:58:44 2019In response to Re: Yate v Harrow Borough Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 870

We are on a bad run of form but we are in every game and the scorelines are close.
We have just lost that winning habit and some of that comes down to confidence and belief and yes the ability to win ugly as they say.
I couldnt make Yate Town so if any forum members there and give a summary of the match that would be good.
I went to AFC Hayes(Brook House) v Westside a very entertaining 4-2 win for the home side.
My message is this we have got enough talented players to pull the season around but we need Hard Work Determination both in increasing Skill levels and that will to win that cant be coached.
Must work Harder Defensively in trying to get that elusive clean sheet.
Brentford B on Tues in the Cup dont mess around with fancy systems or players out of Posistion as we have done in the past in cup games.
Treat this seriously and restart our season.
Come On you Reds!!!!!

Re: Dont Panic!

By RedHarrow (harrowred)1/12/2019 12:47Sun Dec 1 12:47:38 2019In response to Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 960

What happens if we only get another 6 points from the next 10 games?

Would Steve Baker walk or need to be pushed? We’re historically faithful to the managers we have had but I feel if a change is needed it will be need to be made before mid January!

By Terry1/12/2019 13:18Sun Dec 1 13:18:24 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 835

Ive got to say this Steve Baker is a good manager.
I may have differences on styles of play etc and the type of players needed to play a more robust style but l have no doubt Steve has strong motivational skills it just a question getting back to basics to make us tougher to play against.
Red Harrow we take it 1 game at a time 3points at a time.
Excuses that some may give about injuries or of Refs descsions or bad Luck l would say ignore.
You make your own Luck by hard work.
Have Borough ever sacked a manager lm struggling to think.
Eddie Stein resigned l believe but with Peter Rogers in charge we arent a sacking club.
If things got tough lm available as a caretaker!!!
God help any player not giving effort!!!
I would make Fergies Hairdryer look like a toy!!!
But seriously lm sure results will turn and as ever.
Come On You Reds!!!!!

Edited by Terry at 13:19:20 on 1st December 2019
Edited by Terry at 13:19:59 on 1st December 2019

By newishred1/12/2019 16:16Sun Dec 1 16:16:27 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 765

We certainly didn't deserve to lose yesterday. Yate were a good side and the game was very even for the whole 90 minutes. Changes made maybe too late to have any real influence , but then I would say that. All result recently been very close and not overrun by any team. no need at all for any signs of panic.

By Terry2/12/2019 00:06Mon Dec 2 00:06:32 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 778

Thanks for that report Newishred.
Sounds a close match but we are just Lacking that winning instinct at the moment.
Welcome to our great forum.

By RedHarrow (harrowred)1/12/2019 17:39Sun Dec 1 17:39:09 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 775

No need to panic despite 6 points in 10 games..., that equates to about 25 points over the course of a season. I’m not saying I want Bakes to go, but we need to get a backbone and start winning these close games because if it carries on then it could be like when we got relegated. Bakes himself said he’s learnt from that and I can see he’s made changes to the team to try and change fortunes. It was good to see Bryan back yesterday too but we must put a run of good results together soon.

Terry are the playoffs for us over now?

By Terry2/12/2019 00:11Mon Dec 2 00:11:42 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 741

Playoffs unlikely but as they say its a funny old game!
Dont worry to much about statts its what happens on the pitch that counts.
Our big problem is we cant keep clean sheets lve given my view on the keeper and lm in a minority of 1!
But the great Bill Shankly said you start from the back never a trurer word.
So on to Tuesday get stuck in and send Brentford B Packing!

By geemickey2/12/2019 10:44Mon Dec 2 10:44:00 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 941

Terry :

An excellent detailed report of each Harrow Borough match is circulated on e-mail very soon after every game.

Why don't you get your name added to the circulation list so you are fully up to date ?

If you're going to panic panic early !

If it's excitement fans are looking for, in my opinion a desperate but ultimately successful fight against relegation is far entertaining than a mid-table season with no chance of playoffs or relegation.

On the other hand, if Borough could stop conceding goals and start scoring a few a playoff place is still not out of the question in this very competitive season - Truro, Chesham, Poole etc are not dominant title contenders.

By John Rogers2/12/2019 21:55Mon Dec 2 21:55:01 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 938

I agree Mickey, this feels like an open and competitive division.

I thought last season Weymouth were comfortably above others in quality. This time around Poole have been the best I've seen, but they've gone off the boil in the past month. Truro and Tiverton were decent, but beatable and one of our (Hendon's) few wins came against yourselves.

I think there's a really good chance of someone coming up on the rails in March and April if they hit a vein of form and gaining one of the two promotion places.

By John Rogers2/12/2019 21:54Mon Dec 2 21:54:15 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 613

I agree Mickey, this feels like an open and competitive division.

I thought last season Weymouth were comfortably above others in quality. This time around Poole have been the best I've seen, but they've gone off the boil in the past month. Truro and Tiverton were decent, but beatable and one of our (Hendon's) few wins came against yourselves.

I think there's a really good c

By Terry2/12/2019 11:48Mon Dec 2 11:48:43 2019In response to Re: Dont Panic!Top of thread

Views: 887

Thanks for telling me that Gee-mickey about e-mail.
You hit the nail on the head as usual
We cant stop conceding goals lve called for a new keeper but no one agrees.
But to keep conceding every match just isnt good enough with good coaching and absolute determination that wouldnt be happening.
As for relegation battles we are experts on those so no thanks.
As you say there isnt a Weymouth Like Last year so any team putting a string of wins together could defo push for the playoffs.
But no substitute for Hard Work.
Get the basics right and results will come!

Edited by Terry at 11:49:19 on 2nd December 2019

Previous thread: Harrow Boro 0 Wimbourne 1 by Terry24/11/2019 00:11Sun Nov 24 00:11:03 2019view thread