Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: GBFC 1 HBFC 0 by Middx WandererYesterday 22:45Yesterday at 22:45:28view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Truro v Harrow Borough Match Preview. by Terry22/2/2020 08:23Sat Feb 22 08:23:17 2020view thread

Truro City away

By BoroHome&Away (RangersAsh)16/2/2020 18:04Sun Feb 16 18:04:16 2020

Views: 903

Next week Harrow make the journey to treyew road to face Truro city, the home side are currently 2nd in the league table and look for a quick return to the conference south. After 27 games the tigers currently have 57 points as a result of achieving 18 wins, including key results such as wins over Swindon supermarine and met police. The last fixture between these sides ended 2-1 to the visitors on their trip to earlsmead after a close game. During that fixture harrow operated with a 352 line up containing players such as drage and Kearney who are no longer at the club. My prediction for this match will be 2-1 to the reds who have been playing really well since the loss to Taunton. Wishing all players, supporters and officials a safe journey down and I look forward to seeing you there!

Match details

Saturday 22nd February
3pm kick off
Treyew road-TR1 2BY
Admission prices: Adults - £10, concessions-£5 and under 10s-FREE

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Truro City away

By Livinginexile19/2/2020 21:33Wed Feb 19 21:33:45 2020In response to Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 799

Good evening

I used to follow The Boro back in the late 70s through to early 90s when I lived in South Ruislip. I now live in Truro, and have be a regular supporter since 2015.

I will have a dig round in my garage tomorrow evening, as I'm sure there is a pile of Boro programes, which I'd like to give to a supporter who makes the trip on Saturday (Sorry but I'm keeping the Trophy Semi final Issues)

I'll leave a note here tomorrow evening if I do find them.

Safe journey to those who travel. Make sure you check before travelling as its been a little damp down here.

By Earlsmead part-timer18/2/2020 12:06Tue Feb 18 12:06:28 2020In response to Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 838

Just hope the weather plays ball.
Got to be best for everyone that it's played this Saturday rather than postponed then have a long journey mid week.

By Livinginexile19/2/2020 21:35Wed Feb 19 21:35:38 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 909

Good evening

I used to follow The Boro back in the late 70s through to early 90s when I lived in South Ruislip. I now live in Truro, and have be a regular supporter since 2015.

I will have a dig round in my garage tomorrow evening, as I'm sure there is a pile of Boro programes, which I'd like to give to a supporter who makes the trip on Saturday (Sorry but I'm keeping the Trophy Semi final Issues)

I'll leave a note here tomorrow evening if I do find them.

Safe journey to those who travel. Make sure you check before travelling as its been a little damp down here.

FOUND THEM There's about 60

Edited by Livinginexile at 22:10:16 on 19th February 2020

By Middx Wanderer20/2/2020 13:13Thu Feb 20 13:13:52 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 1165

Unfortunately the Southern league have allowed one of the longest journeys to be made by any club to scheduled in February. I know a few have gambled on early rail & air tickets, & others going by road, but our away support will be missing a number regulars who would of travelled if the game is certain to be on.
A train ticket now will cost £121.00, whilst the 520 miles round road trip will take 10 hours , not much fun in the rain either!

By Terry20/2/2020 14:44Thu Feb 20 14:44:28 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 849

Hello Middlesex Wanderer Its beyond Me a situation Like this can exit.
When l followed Boro in the 70s as a Child with my Dad l Remember Harwich&Parkeston the very furthest and it mainly London & Home Counties.
Tilbury Clapton Aveley Dulwich Walthamstow Avenue &Ware Who l always remember us beating them 7-0 and are now Amazingly top of Istmian 1!
Needs to be a big restructure and lm calling on our forum For a Greater London League so we dont have to make such a ridiculous jourmey for our players or in indeed our great fans!

By Middx Wanderer20/2/2020 14:50Thu Feb 20 14:50:25 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 871

I like the Southern League. I also have no problem with being in the same division as Truro, but playing them in February is poor planning

By Terry20/2/2020 17:25Thu Feb 20 17:25:12 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 858

Yes thats agreed very poor planning this match away should be August/September time when the Weather is fairer.
Where to be honest its Thursday and there must still be a doubt whether the match will be on totally unfair on fans and players a like.
Im afraid Southern League have form on this our Match With Blackfield Langley called off in August because they didnt remember they maybe in FA Cup Prem Round.
Some of the trips have been fantastic in The Southern League really enjoyable.
But my hearts for a return to Isthmian and not to have this sort of travelling.

By harrowexcile21/2/2020 20:11Fri Feb 21 20:11:10 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 851

Hi Terry,

Having watched Harrow Town in the 50's and 60's I saw a number of very good players. It would be difficult to pick out a particular one. However, I would say that my favourite has to be Pete Lavers. What a prolific goal scorer he was.

Tony

By Terry21/2/2020 21:12Fri Feb 21 21:12:56 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 794

Hello Tony yes l remember you mentioning Pete Lavers when we did our favourite players feature here on the forum Last year.
I would have Loved to have seen him play.
My Favourite was Frank Seward he had so much talent if only he could have used to more active he was always moaning about the Ref.
But his Wonder goal against Wealdstone in 1977 l replay in my mind every night.
Getting the ball from a throw beats Wainwright Dummies Bowgett and its in the far corner Magic!!!
My Dad wont hear of any one but John Cerasoli he was a fantastic player in our Promotion Season of Late 70s and him and his Father were a pleasure to know on and off the pitch.God Rest Them Both.
As for tomorrow l know some of our Loyal fans are going to Truro but lm taking Sanctuary from that trip with a visit to Rock Bottom Northwood in the Isthmian Divs1.
They are playing Ware who we once beat 7-0!
Now incredibly 2nd and going for promotion to the Isthmian Premier for 1st time ever!!!
Northwood on their 3rd Manager of the season.
Thank God Peter Rogers is in charge and we show Loyality to our Managers!!!

By Earlsmead part-timer20/2/2020 14:31Thu Feb 20 14:31:05 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 858

Blimey just looked on my sat nav. It's gonna take me 3 hours 20 mins by car from East Dorset.
Still much rather stay in the Southern League than move back into the Isthmian or I can forget going to away game altogether!

By Terry20/2/2020 00:00Thu Feb 20 00:00:22 2020In response to Re: Truro City awayTop of thread

Views: 967

Hello Livinginginexile Lovely to have you on the forum.
Well l Support Boro and still Live in South Ruislip for my Sins!
I for one arent making the trip or possibly a Voyage with this weather to Truro But I Know a Number of Our Loyal Fans will be There Saturday.
You said you followed Boro Late 70s to Early 90s so Like me we saw some great players.
John Cerasoli Les Currell Harry Manoe George Duck l could go on Listing them and of Course my fav player Frank Seward.
Ive been trying to find a fan on this forum who was at Vale Farm in 1978 When Going for Promotion we Lost a Vital game to Wembley 5-3 and George Lidster and Gary Fowles were involved in a on pitch Fight After Wembleys 5th Goal l can still see it now Lidster Squares up to Fowles and Punches exchanged.
So Just Wondering if you were there that night and we did an online poll Harrow Boroughs greatest Player Last Year l went for Frank Seward the Mercurial Winger and my Dad said John Cerasoli was the greatest.Ces a great player.
So please if you wish name a player.
Great to have you on board Livingexcile

Previous thread: A Good Point! by Terry16/2/2020 08:30Sun Feb 16 08:30:58 2020view thread