Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Travel by harrowred9/3/2020 11:59Mon Mar 9 11:59:54 2020view thread

Metropolitan Police v Harrow Borough Match Preview.

By Terry7/3/2020 08:55Sat Mar 7 08:55:22 2020

Views: 643

Saturdays Here at Last Thank God!
Im Looking forward to going to Imber Court with our Fab Fans for this Vital Game.
Vital because we are just 6points Clear of the Relegation Zone.
Met Police have put together a number of wins but that 3-0 Loss they suffered at Home to Hendon Recently Suggests to me they arent Worldbeaters!.
This will be a very good test of our players Character and Will to Win.
Football Abilty l think we have better players than Met Police.
But the key thing is start this match with Good Tempo and Commitment.
Urgency from the kick off take the game to them.
Get some tackles in early Let them know they are in a Contest.
On the System and Selection whatever we do not to play just 1 up front that would be a mistake sending wrong message to our opponents.
3-5-2 is probably the way to go.
I read MCS broke his wrist so unsure if hes fit.
If not l would start defo if available Anthony O'Connor&George Moore up front.
Dont try and outfootball Met Police.
Plenty of Crosses.
Good Set Pieces.
Get Stuck in and a Fierce Determination to Win!
Im Confident we can Win this so lm Saying 2-1 To Boro!
Come on You Reds!!!!!

Edited by Terry at 09:11:44 on 7th March 2020
Edited by Terry at 09:21:34 on 7th March 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Metropolitan Police v Harrow Borough Match Preview.

By Seasideboro7/3/2020 18:25Sat Mar 7 18:25:43 2020In response to Metropolitan Police v Harrow Borough Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 745

I’ve been to about half a dozen matches this season. It’s a long journey from sunny West Sussex. Especially as I’d only seen one victory before this afternoon. Today’s result was most certainly worth the trip though. A game of two halfs most definitely. Met Police shading the first half, The Boro categorically winning the second. I saw lots of things I really like about Harrow today, but nothing as much as the jubilation amongst the support behind the goal when the third sealed the match.
COM ON YOU REDS!!!

Re: Metropolitan Police 1 Harrow Boro 3

By Earlsmead part-timer7/3/2020 19:35Sat Mar 7 19:35:17 2020In response to Re: Metropolitan Police v Harrow Borough Match Preview.Top of thread

Views: 668

Yes great scenes at the end. Boy we needed that .
Well done to all the players out there today and the new/short notice keeper.

Heads didn't go down when we went one down and we dug in when we had to.
Fantastic goal by Kunle and Ive''s was clinically taken.
Personally though Matthew had his best game for us and took his half chance when it dropped well for his goal.
Well done the bench as well for the substitutions.
Sometimes they work , sometimes they don't . Brave move and took guts to do well done .

By Terry7/3/2020 21:50Sat Mar 7 21:50:07 2020In response to Re: Metropolitan Police 1 Harrow Boro 3Top of thread

Views: 837

First of all May l Thank Alan James for Arranging Fans Travel To Imber Court.
Pleasure As Always Travelling With Our Friendly Fans.
So Thanks Alan.
Both Borough&Met Police Need to be Applauded for An Excellent Game Hard Fought Played in a Good Spirit with No Cheating or Diving.
As for the Match a game in 2 Halves.
Met Police took an early Lead from a Corner and also had 2 Good Chances Which Luckily they Fluffed!
Micheal Bryan was Single Handed in Holding us together those 1st First 45Mins.
I presume Steve got about our guys to Lift their Games and we were a Yard Sharper to the ball Getting the ball in Good Areas and Denying Met Police Space.
The Equaliser a Poachers goal from Brendan Matthew who raised his game a lot from half time.
But our 2nd from Kunle Otudeko was just Brilliant Showing Fierce Determination he won the ball edge of area and a Fab Shot Catching the Keeper off guard.
There were a few Hare m Scare m moments near the end that but Dylan Ives Breakaway goal in injury time sealed it amongst great scenes of Celebration from the Bench Subs and Fans.Steve Bakers Subs Inspired!!!
Just Magic.To Me thats what Non league is all about.
No Big Time Charlies Players and Management Approachable and Friendly.
Its Such a Joy to be a Fan of Harrow Borough!
Man of Match Kunle Otudeko for that Wonder Goal.
Well Done Kunle!
Same again Tuesday v Salisbury!!!
Come on You Reds!!!!

Edited by Terry at 21:51:07 on 7th March 2020
Edited by Terry at 21:51:39 on 7th March 2020

By BoroHome&Away (RangersAsh)7/3/2020 21:34Sat Mar 7 21:34:53 2020In response to Re: Metropolitan Police 1 Harrow Boro 3Top of thread

Views: 700

Fully agree mate, couldn't have said it better myself! cracking goal from kunle matched by the best away support all season? see you all tuesday

By Middx Wanderer8/3/2020 10:09Sun Mar 8 10:09:09 2020In response to Re: Metropolitan Police 1 Harrow Boro 3Top of thread

Views: 737

Although the Met is only a fairly short distance from Harrow , it takes ages to get there by road or rail.
Boro nearly always play poorly there too.
So hardly the match that anyone looks forward to.

But yesterday our supporters turned up in good numbers , only to watch a very low key first half. Some decent defending kept it down to 1-0 to the home side
After the break the supporters were under the covered end & found the voices , as the team very much found their mojo.
A terrific 2nd half, great move for the first goal, although the original shot was saved we have players in the box & Branden Mathew smashed home the equaliser.
The second goal was all about getting on with it rather than appeal for a foul or going to ground to get a foul. Kunle showed great skill strength & composure to get past 3 defenders then hit a perfect shot.
I am not a fan of any team playing into the corners. It just creates bookings & the shape of the team is wrong when you lose the ball. Dylan Ive showed a far better way to make the match safe , running with the ball the length of the field & placing his shot past the on rushing keeper.
Great celebrations on & off the field, Dylan could of won a gymnastics gold , while the fans probably haven't been so animated since Margate away in the cup.

Great scenes.

Edited by Middx Wanderer at 10:10:03 on 8th March 2020
Edited by Middx Wanderer at 10:10:49 on 8th March 2020
Edited by Middx Wanderer at 10:11:28 on 8th March 2020

By Terry8/3/2020 15:01Sun Mar 8 15:01:48 2020In response to Re: Metropolitan Police 1 Harrow Boro 3Top of thread

Views: 532

Yes Alan Middlesex Wanderer Worth taking that Trip through Surbubia as The Pet Shop Boys Once Sung.
River Thames Nice!!!.
Fantastic Day.Thoroughly Enjoyable.
Taking £60 off William Hill on odds of 3/1 Icing on the cake!
Same again Tuesday!!!

Previous thread: Beaconsfield by RedHarrow3/3/2020 21:23Tue Mar 3 21:23:43 2020view thread