Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Stay in touch by geemickey19/3/2020 09:43Thu Mar 19 09:43:13 2020view thread

Well Done National League.

By Terry15/3/2020 06:27Sun Mar 15 06:27:35 2020

Views: 1221

While Most Fans Like Myself In Non League Were Twiddling Our Thumbs The National League Got on With Keeping The Show on The Road.
Nearly 5000 at Notts County Who Put 4 Past Eastleigh.
Reading Ben Stevens The Eastleigh Manager After The Match That Match Should Never Have Been Played Because Of The Virus Well Ben 5000 Turned Up Voted With Their Feet Exercised Their Freedom of Choice and No Doubt Enjoyed A Fantastic Afternoons Football.
As l Mentioned Before This Isnt Soviet Russia Where The State Knows Best or in Our Case The Southern League.
This has All Been Over Hyped More People Still at Risk from The Flu than this Virus.
50,000 Remember Attended Cheltenham on Friday lm still Waiting to Hear The Reports about How Everyone who Attended Has Suddenly Gone Down Unwell.
The Irish Who Attended are Only At Risk Of The Odd Hangover Or Two!!!
So Well Done National League Board For Playing.
Fans For Attending Giving Their Answer To The PC Brigade By Going Along.
All Yesterdays Non League Should Have Been Played and a Big Opportunity to Showcase our Game Get More Fans and Revenue in Has Been Mostly Lost.
# Sack The Southern League Board.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Well Done National League.

By Earlsmead part-timer15/3/2020 13:14Sun Mar 15 13:14:44 2020In response to Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1270

I must admit my personal view is the government's response is disproportionate, but Hey ho , what do I know? I realise I'm probably wrong, but I'm entitled to a view.
I agree with you Terry and think all Non-league should have continued until instructed otherwise by the government.
And now all over 70 years old people to stay in doors til the end of August??!! How's that gonna work? Knock on the door, leave the shopping on the doorstep, bye Mum I'm not allowed near you your over 70!
All for the sake of a strain of flu? ( granted a very virulent type)
Does make me wonder if all the world governments are telling the whole truth about this "strain of flu"

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 13:17:54 on 15th March 2020
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 13:20:06 on 15th March 2020

By Terry15/3/2020 14:05Sun Mar 15 14:05:01 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1388

Thanks Earlsmead Part Timer.
Yes l Fully agree All Non League Should have Played Yesterday.
Not Least as l Mentioned on Friday Fans had Booked Places on Coaches and Mini Buses and Obviously Club Coaches too all to be told by The Southern League at 3pm in Some Sort of Panic Meeting that we Have Follow The Premier League and EFL those great Bastions of Football who Give Little or Nothing Back to Non League We Must Follow The Lead they are Setting.
Well lm Sorry The Southern League Board have shown Zero Consideration for the fans and Like The Premier League Appear in a World of Their Own.
Have we Seen Overnight Mass Sickness from Fans&Players who Played in The National League Yesterday.
No!!!!!
Now The Pc Brigade are in Full Cry l Fear Thats the end of The Season.
I hope Im Wrong!
As For telling all 70s stay in 4months Good Luck with that With My Old Man!!!!
Earlsmead Part timer l cant Believe your anywhere near 70 You dont look a day over 20!!!!

Edited by Terry at 14:06:58 on 15th March 2020

By Earlsmead part-timer15/3/2020 15:11Sun Mar 15 15:11:34 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1247

Thanks, yes I'm not a day over 21! Yes I thought the same thing with the mother-in-law, she's in her early 80's and hey, look, I'm not being flippant or not taking it seriously I'm , but....
When my Misses says to her (when the government bring his thing in, which they say they will) sorry Mum your not allowed out anymore for the spring and summer she'll say.
"Hitler and his doodle-bugs never stopped me when I wanted to go out and this virus isn't either"
I'll make sure I'm not there when that scenario kicks off's!

And on another note if it does come in that's a sizeable chunk of any bodies Non-league crowd gone, presumably a lot of board members, chairman and volunteers as well.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 15:17:09 on 15th March 2020

By harrowred (RedHarrow)15/3/2020 14:14Sun Mar 15 14:14:43 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1209

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51890631?at_campaign=64&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom4=7FE41CE0-6642-11EA-B302-76EA39982C1E&at_medium=custom7&fbclid=IwAR0FB5Rl4TfP6JWL5NOV-B5VNtw16_eYC-Xo0P5Wpi7KVAV_0EfxOZ-nja4

Seems like attendances increased for most games yesterday. I wonder if Supermarine v Harrow would have had a swell from Swindon Town fans.

By Terry15/3/2020 14:23Sun Mar 15 14:23:16 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1157

Yes Distinct Possibility l Would Say.
The Attendance and Bar Takings No Doubt Out West!
A Lot of Clubs Could Have Benefited With That For The Many Rainy Days We Have Ahead l Fear Red Harrow.

By cappers15/3/2020 16:27Sun Mar 15 16:27:04 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1396

Firstly, regarding the football. All football will be off including the National League. Loads of games were called off (apart from National South) due to teams having players in self-isoltation. The Essex Senior League allowed their games to be played and as far as I know, not a single game went ahead. It's pathetic that we're having a debate as to whether football matches should be played or not when the answer is so obvious.

I am extremely concerned by all of your comments regarding this pandemic. None of you appear to be taking this seriously. Surely you watch the news and can see what's going on in Italy. They can't cope with all the people who are seriously ill from the virus. The mortality rate in Italy is a huge 7% and the hospitals can't cope. If you think this is just another form of flu then you are sorely mistaken. This is FAR more dangerous than flu for the elderly. There are HUGE problems ahead for the UK and I feel incredibly sorry for any high risk person knowing that there are people with such awful views on this forum. It's heartbreaking you feel this way.

I can tell you one thing, unless the government pull their finger out, a few months down the line, you'll look back at these posts on this forum and realise how wrong you got it.

By Terry15/3/2020 17:07Sun Mar 15 17:07:29 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1258

Cappers Thanks For Your Contribution.
But l Asked Some Questions Earlier.
No.1 There Were 50,000 at Cheltenham Friday Where are The Signs of Mass Sickness as we are told by"Experts" its Highly Contagious.
No.2 Yesterdays Games 5000 at Notts County How Come They all not in Quarantine.
I Respect Your Opinions Absolutely.
But The Southern Leagues Descsion was Wrong with No Basis in Medical Fact Going Against Government Advice and Just a Knee Jerk Us Too Descsion Following The Pro Game.
They Showed a Complete Lack of Leadership and Treated Us Fans Very Poorly.
National League Well Done Leadership&Bottle.

Edited by Terry at 17:07:50 on 15th March 2020

By cappers15/3/2020 17:31Sun Mar 15 17:31:25 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1193

Terry, you're making my blood boil.

Firstly, if you are questioning whether this virus is highly contagious then there isn't much point in continuing this debate. You only have to look at all the cases that are increasing each day around the world. If you need some help with that, I suggest you visit this site: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

There may very well turn out to be cases from the 50,000 people that were at Cheltenham. It takes a good few days for the symptoms to show. The same for those at the Notts County game. The National League was highly critiziced by many people for going ahead with games and as I mentioned in my previous post, they will surely now have to suspend their league because most teams won't be able to field a team. I suppose the teams that refused to play should be kicked out of the league?

A lack of leadership? How does that work? They wanted to protect fans, players, staff etc and that's a lack of leadership?

What about the situation in Italy? and now Spain Is that all made up then? Is 7% mortality rate too low to be taken seriously?

The points you're making are so ludicrous and i"m not prepared to continue replying back to your nonsensical messages.

This is a Harrow Borough FC forum and we have drifted well away from the topic of Harrow Borough so we should probably draw a line under this but of course you will like always have the final word and regurgitate the same nonsense.

As for everyone else, I suggest you wise up and prepare for a long hard few months as the world tries to overcome this dreadful virus that is and will continue to kill many of our loved ones.

By Terry15/3/2020 21:00Sun Mar 15 21:00:07 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1097

Cappers I Appreciate Your Concern for People l have No Problem with that.
The Issue we Are Debating is Simple.
Why Did The Southern League Go Against Government Advice and Cancel Yesterdays Matches.
My Hunch is This.
There Was No Suggestion of This to any Clubs before They became Starstruck by Headlines of Premier League So called "Stars&Managers" Affected.
Sorry Thats Not Leadership to Cancel a Programme of Saturdays Fixtures at 3pm on a Friday Afternoon is Not Good Enough.
National League Showing Bottle Considering The Fans and Not Being Ruled By The PC Brigade.
Wonderful!!!
Some People Will Pass away that will be Tragic as a Catholic l Will say a Prayer Tonight That This Virus Goes as Quick as Poss and Come August When we Play again in The League everyone we Know in Non League Football is Safe and Sound.

Edited by Terry at 21:00:32 on 15th March 2020

By Earlsmead part-timer15/3/2020 17:21Sun Mar 15 17:21:02 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1217

I think we all on this forum take it seriously Cappers.
As I said earlier in my posts, I certainly do.
But I do think our countries response is disproportionate the moment ( yes it might have to be ramped up in the future) . Time will tell.
As for Italy there could be many reasons why their rate is so high, scientists are unsure why. It might not apply to us.
As for lock downs for months, where does it all end, I see Austria is banning gatherings of over 5 people?
To mind that's when social order can break down. Everything and everyone everywhere for months shut away?
A society still has to function.
Anyway as I say time will tell.
Agree we've moved away from HBFC and will say no more about it.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 17:41:21 on 15th March 2020
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 17:46:05 on 15th March 2020

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)15/3/2020 18:16Sun Mar 15 18:16:03 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1264

Talking about hbfc, has anyone else seen we've signed a young keeper from watford on loan? James Hoskins joins the club for the hornets academy!

Edited by RangersAsh at 18:16:39 on 15th March 2020

By cappers15/3/2020 18:21Sun Mar 15 18:21:38 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1292

I can't see him getting much game time!

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)15/3/2020 18:26Sun Mar 15 18:26:05 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1155

Me too!. looks like we have four keepers at the club now!?

By geemickey15/3/2020 18:41Sun Mar 15 18:41:55 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1438

Is there anything in the laws to prevent Borough playing two or more of 'em at once ? !!!!!

That should get Borough a few clean sheets - but unfortunately, and probably very sensibly, there won't be any football for some time to come, whatever Terry and others may think. We don't know what's coming down the track at us yet.

By Terry15/3/2020 20:47Sun Mar 15 20:47:06 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1159

Hi Gee Mickey.
In The Words of Paul Daniels" Not a Lot"
I Think We Shall Make August When The New Season Kicks Off.
Im Afraid This Season is Run l Cant see it Being Restarted.
Good To Get Competition With The Keepers The More The Merrier.You never said Whether yesterdays matches should have gone ahead.

By geemickey15/3/2020 22:37Sun Mar 15 22:37:50 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1251

It's all a bit like a nuclear weapon strategy Terry :

It's better to be taking precautions against the virus and not need them than to need them but not to have taken them !

When I'm uninformed on a subject I prefer to be guided by experts.

Stay well everyone.

By Earlsmead part-timer15/3/2020 22:56Sun Mar 15 22:56:59 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1156

Yep , but which expert ?

Take your pick. . . oh I know I shoudn't have bitten ! ;)

Agreed stay safe everyone.

By geemickey16/3/2020 09:09Mon Mar 16 09:09:56 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1206

As far as I know Ep-t there are no experts saying do nothing, take no precautions and carry on as usual,

By Earlsmead part-timer16/3/2020 10:46Mon Mar 16 10:46:48 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1406

Yes your absolutely correct Gee mickey.
That's what myself and many others on here and even Terry said. Take the expert advice.

Which was to go with the the expert advice from the country's top medical professional. The Chief Medical Officer who advises the Government.
Their advice for the weekend was that with sensible precautions as advised by the NHS it was perfectly OK for football to continue over this last weekend.
Yes that may change in the future, even today I don't know.
But I'll go with his and the NHS's advice every time.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 10:51:31 on 16th March 2020

By geemickey16/3/2020 19:22Mon Mar 16 19:22:56 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1426

A misunderstanding here Ep-t - my post was to read that No experts were saying 'carry on as usual' - in fact quite the opposite.

Re. Cheltenham, I understand it takes two weeks after transmission before any symptons become apparent so it will be a while before we know if any damage was done to individuals.
Hopefully it was too early in the cycle for the risk to have been high.

"Carry on as usual" is certainly not an option now, as confirmed by the Irish Govt closing all bars before St Patrick's Day.
The UK Govt is just advising people not to go to pubs, clubs, restaurants etc. That may change soon.

This looks as though it is going to be a long haul now so let's hope we all stay well.

By cappers16/3/2020 19:54Mon Mar 16 19:54:35 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1218

Just to add to what geemickey just wrote, understand that this is a major crisis. For anyone over 70 (and we have plenty of them at the Boro as Wealdstone always like to remind us!) or those slightly younger and especially with any underlying health conditions be very careful. Being very careful means staying at home for months. It won't be easy but better to be safe than sorry.

Also what is very important, if you are not in that category, remember that although the virus is unlikely to cause you any great problems, you can easily pass it on to people who are at risk, whether that be older members of your family or strangers. Please bear that in mind.

My Dad has finally got the message and has confirmed to me today that he will be staying at home for the next few months. I can sleep a bit easier at night.

There will be some real dark days ahead unfortunately, I'm just glad I'm safe here in Kazakhstan.

Stay healthy people!

By Terry16/3/2020 21:02Mon Mar 16 21:02:35 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1111

Stay Healthy Cappers and Best Regards To Your Father From us All On The Forum& Everyone at Harrow Borough ok.

By cappers16/3/2020 21:10Mon Mar 16 21:10:11 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1104

Thanks Terry

By Terry16/3/2020 21:13Mon Mar 16 21:13:59 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1043

Cheers Cappers.

By Terry15/3/2020 23:16Sun Mar 15 23:16:57 2020In response to Re: Well Done National League.Top of thread

Views: 1174

Well As For Experts They Told us all To Join Euro That Time.Enough Said!!!
A Dose Of Commen Sense Needed.
As I Said Last Night Quoting Micheal Winner
"Lets All Calm Down Dears.Calm Down"
Its A Flu Like Virus.
Paracetemol&Fluids Isolate for 7days if you have Symptoms.
Then Say Your Prayers at Night&Enjoy Your Life!
In The Words of the Meerkats.Simples!!!!

Edited by Terry at 23:17:48 on 15th March 2020
Edited by Terry at 00:44:23 on 16th March 2020

Previous thread: Business rates by harrowred16/3/2020 06:59Mon Mar 16 06:59:33 2020view thread