ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Gov Advice by Middx WandererYesterday 12:49Yesterday at 12:49:30view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Steve Baker Interview by harrowred16/5 13:29Sat May 16 13:29:51 2020view thread

Wouldn't it be nice ... ?

By geemickey5/5 18:50Tue May 5 18:50:57 2020

Views: 208

.... to see Harrow Borough ditch the all-red strip and revert to red/white stripes and black shorts ?
They would look more like Harrow then, rather than Liverpool, although there the similarities end !

Do any of us really believe we will see normality return and non-league football resume in September 2020 ?
Personally, I have my doubts.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Wouldn't it be nice ... ?

By Boro Loyal5/5 19:25Tue May 5 19:25:56 2020In response to Wouldn't it be nice ... ?Top of thread

Views: 188

Hello geemickey, hope your doing okay bud. I think your idea to revert the kit would be a great Idea! However I do not see football coming back before 2021, will be interesting to see what the state of non league football upon return.

By Middx Wanderer7/5 10:57Thu May 7 10:57:02 2020In response to Re: Wouldn't it be nice ... ?Top of thread

Views: 162

We switched to the all red shirt when the name changed to Harrow Borough. So 54 seasons. Over the years I have preferred the plain red variety without to much 90's style flecks etc. The 79-80 ish shirt with the orange stripe down the side of the chest being the exception.
If we did have a one off kit change it would probably be for 2 years as most of our kits do run for 2 years unless there is a change of sponsor.

By geemickey7/5 11:13Thu May 7 11:13:54 2020In response to Re: Wouldn't it be nice ... ?Top of thread

Views: 174

After 54 seasons surely it could be time for a change ? !

By cappers7/5 20:34Thu May 7 20:34:43 2020In response to Re: Wouldn't it be nice ... ?Top of thread

Views: 159

We don't do 'change'. Look how long we have been playing consecutive seasons at Isthmian/Southern Prem level. We tend not to change managers either unless they resign. In fact, when did we last sack a manager?

By Terry8/5 03:16Fri May 8 03:16:22 2020In response to Re: Wouldn't it be nice ... ?Top of thread

Views: 159

Cappers Hello Hope Things Are Well With You.
I Dont Think We Ever Have Sacked a Manager.
We Have Too Much Class For That!!!
Normally They Resign or By Mutal Consent or In David Howells Case He Had A Very Good Financial Offer from St Albans So I Know All The Fans Wished Him Well At The Time.
Ive Followed Boro Since 1975 l Can Remember l Think a Manager Called George Taylor Whether He Resigned or Sacked lm Not Sure But The Word was He Lost The Dressing Room.
I Think He Was Scottish Bit in The Fergie Mould!.
Keep Safe and Well and Regards To Your Family Ok.

By Terry7/5 14:56Thu May 7 14:56:36 2020In response to Re: Wouldn't it be nice ... ?Top of thread

Views: 173

No Gee Mickey We Are Red And Proud!!!
I Remember The Orange Stripe Down The Side.
I Think Our Promotion Kit.
Lets All Pray God The PC Crowd All The Scientific Crowd Who Dont Practice What They Preach Find a Life Somewhere and Lets Start The Season in August!!!

By geemickey8/5 10:44Fri May 8 10:44:56 2020In response to Re: Wouldn't it be nice ... ?Top of thread

Views: 162

I respect your opinion Terry but thought as a traditionalist you might like the red & white stripes & black shorts idea.

One thing I don't understand though : Why do you start so many words with a capital letter - it's one of the mysteries of our time ! Is there a story to it ?

Stay well - and I urge you to take this virus seriously.

By Terry8/5 17:55Fri May 8 17:55:36 2020In response to Re: Wouldn't it be nice ... ?Top of thread

Views: 152

Cheers Gee Mickey as For My Capitals in The Words of Toyah "Its. a Mystery"
I Like The Red Kit To Be Honest.
As For The Virus Most of The Hospitals They Built are Empty So lm Recomending. A Good Dose of Common Sense and Lets All Get Moving and Working Again.
Thanks For Your Thoughts As Always Gee Mickey.

Previous thread: Harrow's history on club website by Earlsmead part-timer30/4 11:30Thu Apr 30 11:30:02 2020view thread