Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: One Way System inside the ground by The Majors Hat27/9/2020 05:51Sun Sep 27 05:51:00 2020view thread

Harrow Boro v Salisbury Match Preview

By Terence26/9/2020 08:57Sat Sep 26 08:57:02 2020

Views: 1021

Our First Home League Match Since March Ironinically Which Was Against Salisbury Too And Really Looking Forward To It.
Both Sides Like To Play Open Football So Should Be A Great Game.
I Won't Bother With Any Mind Games As I Know Steve Claridge Will Be Too Cute For That!
But I Will Say Salisbury Like The Possesion Game So We've Got To Put Ourselves About Especially Midfield And Knock Them Off Their Stride.
Yes Some Tough Tackles And Start The Game With A Good Tempo.
Playing In Their Half Of The Pitch.
Getting Ball In Wide Areas With Good Crosses, Corners and Set Pieces and Long Throws If Anyone Can Do It!
The Wind Will Be A Factor So Diagnional Balls Towards The Corners Never A Bad Option.
But Salisbury Are A Good Side Nothing More.
Im Very Confident With The Squad We Have Now That We Are A Match For Most Teams In This League and So Im Saying 2-1 To Boro!!!
Come On You Reds!!!

Edited by Terence at 08:57:46 on 26th September 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Boro 1 v Salisbury 2

By Middx Wanderer26/9/2020 21:09Sat Sep 26 21:09:38 2020In response to Harrow Boro v Salisbury Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 750

Well we probably played a bit too much how Terry suggested. Plenty of endeavour & stopped Salisbury playing for over an hour.
If only we had kept the ball better particularly when we were rather fortunate to be in front . Sloppy defending for the equaliser & a well executed winner. Ant O'Connor went close to rescuing a point, but put his chance over the bar.

Well done to all the volunteers. A massive effort to keep everything within the current regulations was achieved.

By Terence26/9/2020 21:39Sat Sep 26 21:39:09 2020In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 v Salisbury 2Top of thread

Views: 739

Yes Agreed Alan Excellent That First Hour.
Playing The Game In Salisburys Half,Hitting The Channels Well And Some Long Throws Too From George Moore.
It Was A Fortunate Goal Agreed But The Ball Was In A Good Area And George Moore Has A Hard Shot!
I Thought Commitment And Effort Was 1st Class Today There Was,A Bit Of Quality Lacking Up Front But Anthony O'Connor Nearly Rescued Us A Point Which We Defo Would Have Deserved.
You Look At The 2 Salisbury Goals.
Yes They Are Both Good Finishes Especially The First.
A Long Ball For The First Which They Win2nd Ball For And The 2nd A Cross That's Scored From.
3-5-2 Is A Fluid System But If Im Honest Give Us4-4-2 Anytime.
The Old Adage Full Backs Who Can Stop Crosses.
Centre Backs Who Can Clear To Row Z.
Midfield 2For Width.1 Who Can Kick, Sorry l Mean Tackle!
1 Who Can Pass It.
Upfront 2 Who Know Where The Goal Is.
George Moore To Me Is Never a Defender.His Role Along With Micheal Bryan Is Both To Be Either Side Of The Pitch Digging In Good Crosses And Shots.
One Other Thing l Noticed And Mentioned This Before About Free Kicks.
We Had Just Scored And Salisbury Looked Rattled.
We Had A Free Kick Just Past Halfway And Most Of The Players Are In The Box And The Ball Gets Played Short And Not Delivered Into The Box.
If l Was Manager I Would Make An Instruction Everytime Hit The Area And Try To Win 2nd Ball Or If Your Winning Near The End Hit The Corner Flag Area.
Attention To Detail Is Vital In Any Area Of Football.
But The Day Went Well Off The Pitch Except For
A Bit Of A Barney At The Tea Bar At Half Time Where Social Distancing Went South!
Jordan Ireland Man Of Match But Lewis Cole Ran Him Close!
Come On You Reds!!!

Edited by Terence at 21:49:01 on 26th September 2020

By harrowred (RedHarrow)27/9/2020 10:23Sun Sep 27 10:23:29 2020In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 v Salisbury 2Top of thread

Views: 1016

A clear trait developing is letting in late goals.

Salisbury a tough side who will likely be fighting for the playoffs. We’ve ran Truro and Salisbury alll the way. Time to start picking up some points.

Terry - Cray Valley got another win yesterday.

By Terence27/9/2020 11:52Sun Sep 27 11:52:10 2020In response to Re: Harrow Boro 1 v Salisbury 2Top of thread

Views: 822

Hello Harrow Red,That's Got Me Worried Another Win For Cray Valley!
As l Wrote In My Piece On The Forum Last Night,We Should Have At Least Got A Point Yesterday.
We Stopped Salisbury From Playing Mostly For TheFirst Hour And Ok Our Goal From George A Bit Fortunate.
My View Is To Play 4-4-2 It's A More Solid System.
As With Yesterday We Nicked A Goal In Front And Then All We Need Is 10Men Behind The Ball And Keep It Tight
I Think Many Promising Signs Though.
We Had Shaun Preddie,Michael Bryan,MCS and Anthony O'Connor On The Bench.
So We Do Have Strength In Depth.
Met Police Tues Night They Are Very Beatable and Cray Valley Next Saturday In The FA Cup.
I Can Only See 2Wins Coming!!!
Come On You Reds!!!

Previous thread: Youtube channel by Boro Loyal26/9/2020 21:08Sat Sep 26 21:08:30 2020view thread