Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sad Loss by Terence25/10/2020 23:34Sun Oct 25 23:34:28 2020view thread

Boro 1 Cray Valley 5

By The Majors Hat3/10/2020 17:47Sat Oct 3 17:47:28 2020

Views: 1346

Well what is there to say after that?
Conceding 5 for the second game in a row and creating next to nothing.
As per Met Police game the opposition were bigger, faster and stronger.
Unfortunately the vast majority of the squad simply aren't good enough at this level.
Our midfield looked like a bunch of long distance runners standing next to rugby players throughout the game.
Hardly the response the fans were hoping for after Tuesdays debacle..

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Boro 1 Cray Valley 5

By Middx Wanderer3/10/2020 20:15Sat Oct 3 20:15:30 2020In response to Boro 1 Cray Valley 5Top of thread

Views: 923

A massive disappointment.
We were out fought
Out played
& out prepared .

We have a game play & if it doesn't work were are in the sh1t. Totally unable to adapt to our opponents.

A lot of supporters around me were suggesting they thought we we not fit enough. If true, a long winter ahead.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)5/10/2020 13:15Mon Oct 5 13:15:58 2020In response to Re: Boro 1 Cray Valley 5Top of thread

Views: 866

A home draw against Aveley for Cray Valley next.

By Terence5/10/2020 13:55Mon Oct 5 13:55:21 2020In response to Re: Boro 1 Cray Valley 5Top of thread

Views: 1308

Dare I Say HarrowRed That's A Great Draw For Cray Valley!
On A Serious Point If Any Of The Players Or Management Watched How Aston Villa Played Last Night Against Liverpool Then That's The Type Of "British" Game You Need To Play.
Im No Fan Of The Premier League But l Saw It For Free In The Hotel Where Im Staying At The Moment.
Villa Did The Simple Things Well.
Good Balls In The Channels.
Early Balls In Good Areas.
Not Afraid To Have A Shot At Goal.
Tough In Midfield & At The Back.
Keep It Simple & Do The Basics Well.
Believe Or Not You Will Win Football Matches!

My Advice!

By Terence3/10/2020 20:47Sat Oct 3 20:47:23 2020In response to Re: Boro 1 Cray Valley 5Top of thread

Views: 995

First Of All Well Played Cray Valley And All The Fans Helping With The Pitch During The Summer Certainly Paid Dividends In Getting The Match On.
Where To Start!
First Half I Thought We Were The Better Team And Should Have Gone In Ahead.
As For Team Selection l Personally Would Have Had Lewis Cole Instead Of Kensley Maloney At Full Back But It's Easy In Insight and I Do Sympathise With Steve Baker When Injuries Happen And You Have To Juggle The Pack.
To My Mind What l Can See Of Steve Baker From The Opposite Side To Him Where I Stand Near The Main Stand He's A Hard Working Manager From The "Old School"
Ive Been An Assistant Manager In The Early Nineties Of a Sunday League Team.
We Had A Game Plan Every Match.
Balls Down The Channels.
Crosses In The Box.Long Throws.
Big Emphasis On Set Pieces Getting Delivery Right.
Yes Stopping The Opposistion Play.Some Good Natured "Sledging"
Hard Tackles And Yes Kicks And Fouls.
But Most Of All The One Thing Not In Any Coaching Manual A Fierce Determination To Win.
Which We Didn't See In The Second Half Today.
What Player Was Shaking His Fist Aka Wayne Walters/Harry Manoe Demanding More Effort.
I Didn't See It.Players Jogging In Closing Down The Ball.
Sorry That's Just Unacceptable To Us Fans.
As For The Players Not Being Fit Enough Sorry
I Don't Buy it.
It's More An Attitude Of Mind How Badly Do The Players Want It.Will They Go Through That "Proverbial Brick Wall"
Keep 4-4-2.
Get The Game Plan Right.
Hit The Channels And Good Balls In The Box.
Make Midfield A Battle As We Did Against Salisbury.
Always Hit The Box With Free Kicks When In Opponents Half And Bin Short Corners Forever.Play At A Good Tempo And Shape With Every Player Given Instructions What To Do.Not Playing As Much "Off The Cuff"
Organisation Is Absolutely Vital And That Can Only Come From The Manager And Coach.
Us Fans Expect And Deserve A Big Improvement Tuesday Night From The Players&Management.

Edited by Terence at 21:17:04 on 3rd October 2020

Re: My Advice!

By TOWN COLOURS3/10/2020 23:23Sat Oct 3 23:23:06 2020In response to My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 1085

I thought we were well in the match until half time. The opposition then changed their way of playing in the second half to which we could not adapt. The players seem to have lost confidence. We had no one to hold the ball up in attack. Unlike Cray who had players who were able to do that with their formation in abundance. (They are a very good side and would be playing in our standard if not for covid ending last season abruptly. ) MCS can do that roll and if not injured may be worth a start. One thing that has surprised me is that we have still not replaced Josh Andrew. We desperately need a right back. No doubt this was on Steve Baker's list when he was released. This would no doubt help Steve play a more settled and balanced side. We move on to Chesham Tuesday who have scored just one goal this season. Hoping for a change in fortunes soon.

By Terence4/10/2020 12:08Sun Oct 4 12:08:09 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 897

Hello Dave Town Colours Many Thanks For Your Views.
Im With You About MCS Give Him A Go Tuesday Night With Anthony O'Connor Starting With Him.
So Right About Josh Andrew.
Im Struggling To See The Logic Of Letting Him Leave.
Always Personable Off The Pitch And Had Worked Hard To Improve His Game.
It's A Question Of Back To Basics.
4-4-2 With Hard Work And Determination.
Each Player Knowing His Role In The Team And Good Strategies From The Coach&Manager For When We Have Free Kicks&Corners.Not Short Ones!
Pray God A Win On Tuesday Night As l Have A Long Way To Come From Watford Where Im Based At The Mo!
Im Glad The Tea Bar Queue Was Orderly!!!
As Ever.
Come On You Reds!!!

Edited by Terence at 12:09:32 on 4th October 2020

By harrowred (RedHarrow)4/10/2020 10:03Sun Oct 4 10:03:57 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 1258

Extremely interesting that Chesham have only scored once this season in 4 games. However they do also have 4 clean sheets.

Right now it’s not looking good. In the last 200 minutes of football played, we’ve conceded 12 goals. Things change quickly though. 4.30pm last Saturday we were leading 1-0 vs Salisbury, had won two FA Cup games and only lost 1-0 to title favourites Truro. Hopefully the next 7 days will lead us to feeling more positive.

Huge disappointment to lose 5-1 to CVPM but at least we won two rounds of the FA Cup this year and got some money in the bank. Let’s hope we can do the same in the Trophy and start to put some points on the board. Looking ahead in the long term, once we get the next two games out of the way, we have a supposedly easier run of fixtures. By the time our Yate Town game (11 games down the line) is played on the last weekend of November, I’d expect us to have at least 19 points.

By Terence4/10/2020 11:58Sun Oct 4 11:58:06 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 821

Hello Harrowred.
Hopefully The Adage Form Is Temporary But Class Permanent Springs To Mind!
But As You Rightly Say We Were Leading Salisbury 1-0 With A Good Gameplan Of Stopping Them Playing But We Couldn't See It Through.
We Need That Hard Work And Effort We Saw In That First 70Mins Against Salisbury In Every Match We Play Over 90Mins.
Chesham Are Nothing Special And Im Hoping We See A Positive Reaction From The Players On Tuesday Night To Put Right That Poor 2nd Half Display Yesterday.

By geemickey4/10/2020 12:42Sun Oct 4 12:42:17 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 1016

Have you actually watched Chesham this season Terence ?
Do you know about any of their players ?

If Harrow Borough play anything like they did in the second half yesterday Chesham should end their goal drought
and move towards a playoff position.

As an observer, I don't understand why HB don't pair George Moore with Liam Ferdinand as twin strikers - I believe they would make a formidable strike force - but do it after Tuesday's game !

Edited by geemickey at 12:48:15 on 4th October 2020

By Terence4/10/2020 14:27Sun Oct 4 14:27:24 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 1257

Nice To Hear From You Gee Mickey And Look Forward To A Good Game Tuesday Night.
I Haven't Seen Chesham Recently But Their Lack Of Goals Suggests To Me If Boro Can Being Their "A"Game On Tuesday I Would Expect Us To Win.
As For George Moore&Liam Ferdinand Yes That's A Realistic Option But Myself &Town Colours Want To Give MCS & Anthony O'Connor A Start With Ferdinand & Maloney On The Bench and George Moore On The Wing.
Im Saying 2-1 To Boro For Tuesdays Big Match!

By Middx Wanderer4/10/2020 19:03Sun Oct 4 19:03:55 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 1132

To score (& win) I think we have to start with Ferdinand. MCS just doesn't have a goal threat. I would like to see Ferdinand partnered with Moore or O'Connor. I haven't seen anything from Matthew to suggest he is going score many either.

By Terence4/10/2020 21:47Sun Oct 4 21:47:28 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 989

Thanks Dave Town Colours & Alan Middlesex Wanderer.
Well The Thing With MCS Is As Town Said He Can Hold The Ball Up And If Marc Was A Bit More Aggresive He's A Big Unit And Should Offer A Physical Challenge To Opposition Defenders.
But Whatever Team We Put Out On Tuesday We Must Give It 100% Commitment And Effort After The Last 2 Performances Nothing Less Will Do.

By TOWN COLOURS4/10/2020 21:07Sun Oct 4 21:07:11 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 801

I could not agree more about Matthew. He has been very slow in starting this season. We really need someone up front who can hold the ball up. Also players that are prepared to do running off the ball . Will be very interesting to see the formation on Tuesday. With Chinny suspended who will play at left back. Further if George Moore plays upfront who will play at right back. Maybe revert to 3 at the back ???? Clearly we are missing Jordan Ireland at the back We were certainly not conceding goals like we have since he moved to midfield. Am sure Steve Baker and the players can get back on the right track soon.

By Earlsmead part-timer4/10/2020 13:29Sun Oct 4 13:29:50 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 954

I would have thought it was Boro who are nothing special at the moment Terry (please feel free to prove me wrong in our next match Boro! )

And I don't think we've had effective strikers who could bully, play well, score goals and lead the line since Ryan Moss and Dylan Kearney were paired together.

By Terence4/10/2020 14:18Sun Oct 4 14:18:20 2020In response to Re: My Advice!Top of thread

Views: 799

Hello Earlsmead Part Timer.
Well That's Down To The Manager& Coach To Get The Best Out Of Our Strikers And Indeed Every Player.
Controlled Aggression And Will To Win Are Important Ingredients To Win Football Matches.
We Have Enough Talented Players In Our Squad So Everyone Tuesday Night Must Play A Part In Getting This Much Needed 1st League Win.
Players,Management& Us Fans Too.

By Earlsmead part-timer3/10/2020 19:25Sat Oct 3 19:25:18 2020In response to Boro 1 Cray Valley 5Top of thread

Views: 1114

Sounds like it's going to be a very hard long and difficult season :(

Re: CVPM in first round!

By Earlsmead part-timer24/10/2020 21:18Sat Oct 24 21:18:54 2020In response to Re: Boro 1 Cray Valley 5Top of thread

Views: 1002

Perhaps our defeat to them wasn't as bad as we possibly thought.

They've just beaten National League side Maidenhead 2-3 away with ex Boro man Francis Babalola smashing in a stoppage-time winner to put them through to the 1st round proper ( queue memories of his goal against Margate for Boro in 2016)

Dreams of "could have been us"
Well done Cray Valley.

Perhaps we could do something similar in the Trophy?

Re: CVPM in first round!

By Terence24/10/2020 22:49Sat Oct 24 22:49:50 2020In response to Re: CVPM in first round! Top of thread

Views: 821

Hello Earlsmead Partimer.
Yes Well Done To Cray Valley For Getting To The FA Cup 1st Round.
Their Fans Were Friendly And They Were Too Good For Us In The 2nd Half.
They Appeared To Want It More Somehow.
I Thought We Edged The First 45 Mins And Maybe Some Complacency Set In Thinking We Just Need To Turn Up For The 2nd Half To Get Through.
Something You Can Never Afford To Do At Any Level.
We Have 2 Vital Matches At Beaconsfield On Monday & Burgess Hill in The FA Trophy On Saturday.
Both Our Opponents Are No Great Shakes.
Football Ability Wise We Defininetly Have Better Players But The Players Have Got To Want It Badly Enough.
So A Good Test Of Character And Ability Which Im Backing Them To Win Both These Winnable Games.

Previous thread: New Signing by harrowred24/10/2020 09:39Sat Oct 24 09:39:52 2020view thread