Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thanks! by Terence19/10/2020 20:20Mon Oct 19 20:20:03 2020view thread

Thats A Blow!

By Terence18/10/2020 18:20Sun Oct 18 18:20:53 2020

Views: 710

Just Reading Our Excellent Twitter Page Saying The Match With Hartley Whitney Off Next Saturday!
I Was Wondering Could Our London Senior Cup Match With Glebe Be Brought Forward To Next Saturday As I Very Much Suspect Like Us Glebe Didn't Make It To The FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round!
Seems Such A Waste To Have A Saturday Free When We Could Be Playing After All Those Months Of Lockdown!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Thats A Blow!

By geemickey18/10/2020 20:45Sun Oct 18 20:45:02 2020In response to Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 843

Would it be an option to bring forward the away game with Chesham Utd, who also do not have a fixture on Saturday ?

Surely it would be better to play that game in October rather than 23rd January, when a postponement would always be a possibility ?

Maybe it could be arranged at short notice.

By Terence18/10/2020 21:21Sun Oct 18 21:21:28 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 699

Geemickey Excellent Idea.
I Noticed Your Match With Taunton Was Off Too As They Are In The FA Cup 4th Qualifying.
If Anyone In Authority At Harrow Boro Is Reading This On The Forum Tonight Please Make Representations To The Southern League About Getting This Game On At Chesham Next Saturday.
It Would Be Such A Waste For Both Clubs NotTo Have A Game Saturday As Come Jan 23rd Who Knows The Weather Situation Etc.

By cappers18/10/2020 21:32Sun Oct 18 21:32:20 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 691

No thanks! I'd rather take my chances and play Chesham in January and hope they will be out of form or hope that we will be in form!

The other thing is we are playing Beaconsfield on the Monday night so would be pretty silly to arrange a game and knacker ourselves out for the Beaconsfield game. Beaconsfield are playing on the Saturday so we should have an advantage in that sense.

I know that we are looking to fit in a friendly this week so that should be sufficient before the big Beaconsfield game.

By geemickey19/10/2020 10:46Mon Oct 19 10:46:59 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 752

Hi Cappers :

Chesham have played three home games and didn't scored in any of 'em, even against 9 men v. Hartley Wintney,
so God help us when we are truly 'out of form' !

Your best bet would be a 10-man defence with your fastest striker over 40 yards (Ant O'Connor ?) left up front.

Many of us think the season will be disrupted so I'd like to watch our football while we can, rather than have avoidable blank golden autumn Saturdays.

Chesham are attracting crowds of well over 500 at the moment which I'm sure adds to the enjoyment for everyone, present, including the players.

It won't happen of course - much too difficult !

By cappers19/10/2020 13:13Mon Oct 19 13:13:34 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 544

Hi geemickey,

You make it sound so tempting but let's not forget, you have only managed to score more than one goal in a match in just one of your games so far and that was against us. I can certainly see why you would want to play us. You'd have a great chance of ending your non scoring run against us and you know it!

I still want that rest before the Beaconsfield match on Monday.

By Terence18/10/2020 21:39Sun Oct 18 21:39:18 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 661

Hello Cappers. Are We Really Worried About Being "Tired" Against The "Might" Of Beaconsfield Who We Beat Easily In The FA Cup.
We Were Very Unlucky Against Chesham And Only A Fluke Goal Beat Us.
Im Very Confident We Can Go To Chesham In The Return Match And Beat Them.
So Let's Be Positive.
Get The Game On Next Saturday And Get Our 1st League Win Of The Season!

By cappers18/10/2020 21:43Sun Oct 18 21:43:57 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 864

What's the point in getting the game on? We will have to play all 38 games anyway.

Yes I think we would have a big advantage by not playing on the Saturday.

By Terence18/10/2020 21:48Sun Oct 18 21:48:20 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 603

Cappers We Would Rather Travel As Fans To Chesham On A Saturday In October Than a Tuesday In January.
We Need To Show Some Urgency In Getting Our 1st League Win.
So Lets Get It On!

By cappers18/10/2020 21:54Sun Oct 18 21:54:39 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 626

Arrange the game against Chesham for this Saturday because you'd rather play them on a Saturday rather than a Tuesday? That's a pretty lame reason.

Two teams have dropped out of the league so we're only playing 38 games instead of 42. Plenty of time to play the remaining games.

Have a rest on Saturday and let's be fresh and ready for the big six pointer against the mighty Beaconsfield on Monday week!

By Terence18/10/2020 22:05Sun Oct 18 22:05:15 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 690

Cheers Cappers.
Big Six Pointer With Beaconsfield!
Im Not Often Lost For Words!
To Be Honest With You This Is One Of The Attractions Of Non League Football.
Fans Arent Messed Normally With Obscure Kick Off Times And This Would Be A Good Gesture By Both Boro & Chesham Not To Mention The Southern League Who l Dont Have A Lot Of Confidence In To Move This Fixture From 7.45pm On A Tuesday January Night When We Can Struggle To Get There From Work To 3pm This Saturday.
Ive Just Realised Ive Said Some Common Sense So Lacking With All The Virus Hysteria!

By cappers18/10/2020 22:09Sun Oct 18 22:09:48 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 545

Despite my warnings about the virus earlier this year on this forum, I do now actually agree with you. I'm not a fan of lockdowns. Protect the vulnerable and let everyone else get on with life.

Terry, have you seen the league table? We're second bottom. We're no world beaters ourselves!

By Terence18/10/2020 22:16Sun Oct 18 22:16:49 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 630

Agreed Cappers But Recent Performances Mean We Have Hopefully Turned A Corner And Just Getting That 1st League Win And We Should Be Fine.
Agreed About The Virus We Have To Battle Through Till A Vacine.
Work Needs Doing In My Case Painting Walls Inside But Of Course Those ill With The Virus I Have The Deepest Concern For And Those Isolating For 14 Days Must Be Tough To Bear.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)18/10/2020 21:31Sun Oct 18 21:31:59 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 797

Glebe have a league game. I agree a Saturday game now would make more sense than a Tuesday in January.

Bakes tweeted today looking for a friendly this coming Tuesday. Wonder if he has had any takers.

By Terence18/10/2020 21:45Sun Oct 18 21:45:11 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 752

Cheers Harrowred About Saying That Glebe Have A Game Saturday.
I Would Say To Steve Baker Forget About Arranging Some Pointless Friendly On Tuesday And See If We Can Play Chesham Next Saturday.
Far More Convenient For Us Fans To Go Their On A Saturday Than a Tuesday In January And Chesham From What I Saw At Earlsmead Are Very Beatable And No Great Shakes.
Think Positive And Get The Game Arranged.

By Middx Wanderer19/10/2020 06:49Mon Oct 19 06:49:42 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 981

If a game was going to be brought forward it would have been already done. As said we play on Monday, so good reason not to.
We also have no game on November 7th as we should be playing Merthyr, it is also the first round of the cup so other clubs could be wilthout a fixture. Its far more likely to try & fit a game in then.

The amount of extra work required to play a game at the moment, its fuly understandable if all clubs want leave fixtures untill later in the season, in the hope the world gets back to a bit of normality

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/10/2020 08:55Mon Oct 19 08:55:41 2020In response to Re: Thats A Blow!Top of thread

Views: 910

Fair point.

Also it will be an advantage to play Beaconsfield with 6 days rest compared to their 1 day

Previous thread: A Day At The Woods! by Terence17/10/2020 21:56Sat Oct 17 21:56:57 2020view thread