Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: GBFC 1 HBFC 0 by Middx WandererYesterday 22:45Yesterday at 22:45:28view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: New Signing by harrowred24/10/2020 09:39Sat Oct 24 09:39:52 2020view thread

A Trip Down Memory Lane!

By Terence21/10/2020 21:58Wed Oct 21 21:58:43 2020

Views: 1154

Someone Has Posted On You Tube Virtually The All First 90Mins And Extra Time Of Undoubtly Our Biggest Match Ever That April 1983 2nd Leg Of The FA Trophy Semi Final Against Telford Which Im Sure All Of Us There That Day At Earlsmead Will Never Forget.
The Picture & Sound Quality Is Excellent And Even With The Eventual Score Which We Lost 1-5 After Extra Time After It Being 1-3 In Normal Time Its Still A Great Watch.
We Did The Hard Work In The 1st Leg Winning 2-0 At Telford And When David Pearce Scoring Early In The 2nd Leg Made It 3-0 On Aggregate We Were All Dreaming Of Wembley.
Just To See Those Players Again Was Magic!
Les Currell David Howell Harry Manoe George Duck l Havent Got Room To Name Them All.
But The One Memory Of That Day Is George Ducks Instant Shot Near The End Of Normal Time That Their Goalie Somehow Tips Over The Bar.
If That Had Gone In We Would Have Gone To Wembley.
But Just A Fantastic Watch Despite The Result And It Was Great To See Harry Manoe Putting In A High Challenge!
For The Ball Of Course!

Edited by Terence at 22:01:35 on 21st October 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!

By Middx Wanderer23/10/2020 09:01Fri Oct 23 09:01:38 2020In response to A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 776

Was you stood in your usual spot that day Terry, if so you must have been next to the cameraman.

i have the video of both legs somewhere.

That was a great day for the club, just a shame we ran out of steam in extra time

By Terence23/10/2020 11:24Fri Oct 23 11:24:11 2020In response to Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 775

Hello Alan.
Yes I Stood There With Dad The First Half As Usual.
Dad Always Liked To Stand There So You Can See Both Halves Of The Pitch.
Theres A Fleeting Glimpse Of Dad When A Throw In Was Taken Which I Must Show Him!
In The 2nd Half I Went Near The End Boro Were Attacking.
Thats How I Can Recall So Vividly George Ducks Shot Near The End Which Looked In And Took A "Miracle Save" I Still Cant Believe How The Goalie Saved It.
I Think Looking At The Video Tony Knight Was Outstanding At Centre Half.
I Knew Tony Fairly Well He Used To Play For Deanes Fc Youth Team Who Played On Queensmead Sports Field And Were Very Successful.
A Number Of Locals In South Ruislip Used To Watch Them Play Every Sunday Morning.
Always Remember That Day So Well And Just So Great Seeing Our Greatest Ever Team Again On You Tube!

By Middx Wanderer23/10/2020 11:44Fri Oct 23 11:44:01 2020In response to Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 781

I was stood under the covered terrace over the cameramans left shoulder first half & behind the club house goal for 2nd half & extra time.
Still have my red & white hat!

By Terence23/10/2020 14:49Fri Oct 23 14:49:57 2020In response to Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 779

I Can Remember My Father Giving Me A Rollocking When l Went On The Pitch At The End To Shake Hands With Derek Harris & Tony Knight As They Literally Had Tears In Their Eyes Poor Fellas.
I Remember The Night Before Getting No Sleep And Imgagining Every Possible Outcome But Never In My Wildest Dreams Could I Envisage What Was To Unfold That April Afternoon!

Edited by Terence at 14:50:36 on 23rd October 2020

By Earlsmead part-timer22/10/2020 10:12Thu Oct 22 10:12:38 2020In response to A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 1057

Yes great bit of video Terence. Shame about the result !

Didn't go to the game ( to busy watching Queens Park Rangers win the old 2nd Division title home and away that season )
and great to see Earlsmead so full.
Wonder if we'll ever see the ground as full as that again ....

By Terence22/10/2020 11:08Thu Oct 22 11:08:15 2020In response to Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 1120

Cheers Earlsmead Part Timer.
Yes Shame About The Result But Some Great Memories And From Memory The Crowd Was Well Over 2000 And Not All Ticket In Those Pre PC Correct Days.
Our Last Big Game We Had Was Chesterfield In That FA Cup Match With A 2pm Kick Off And A All Ticket Crowd Of 1000!
As For The Telford Game With David Pearce Scoring So Early In The 2nd Leg Putting Us 3 up On Aggregate We Seemed Just To Switch Off Thinking We Were At Wembley.
But My Abididing Memory is George Ducks Shot Near The End Tipped Over The Bar And George Sinking To His Knees!
Lets Pray God For A Great FA Trophy Run This Season Starting With A Win At Burgess Hill on October 31st Not Least For The Finance In These Tough Times!
Hopefully As Many Fans As Possible Can Make The Trip And Lets Start Another Great FA Trophy Run!

By Earlsmead part-timer22/10/2020 12:01Thu Oct 22 12:01:11 2020In response to Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 858

Yes the club could really do with a good Trophy run.

It's a long drive for me to Burgess Hill but I'm hoping to make it.
Difficult game (aren't they all) and a tough match to come at Beaconsfield who no doubt will want to avenge the FA Cup defeat.
But Boro often play their better football away IMO so I'm hoping the boys r up for these games and we turn our season around and get two wins.

By Terence22/10/2020 12:16Thu Oct 22 12:16:28 2020In response to Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 942

Yes Agreed Earlsmead Part Timer.
Golden Chance For Us At Burgess Hill To Put Right That Shambolic 2nd Half In That Other Major Cup Competition The FA Cup And Get Some Much Needed Prize Money And Prestige Of A Good Trophy Run.
Im Going By Train From Victoria And I Urge As Many Fans As Poss To Go.
As For The Players These Are 2 Winnable Games Against Average Opponents In Beaconsfield & Burgess Hill And If We Play To Our Ability We Shall Be Far Too Good For Them!

Edited by Terence at 12:16:56 on 22nd October 2020

By harrowred (RedHarrow)22/10/2020 15:10Thu Oct 22 15:10:58 2020In response to Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 922

I have to say the train fare is tempting me. Only £5 each way.

By Terence22/10/2020 15:32Thu Oct 22 15:32:15 2020In response to Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane!Top of thread

Views: 1074

Hello Harrowred.
A Fiver Each Way Sounds Like One Of My Bets On The Horses!
Sounds Good Value But Im A Pay On The Day Merchant And We All Know What That Means!
But Lets Hope For A Sunny Day On Sat 31st October.
No More PC Restrictions And Boro Winning!

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: FA Trophy by harrowred19/10/2020 16:07Mon Oct 19 16:07:58 2020view thread