Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Friendly at Uxbridge on Saturday by Middx Wanderer1/12/2020 13:01Tue Dec 1 13:01:47 2020view thread

Leadership Needed From Southern League!

By Terence27/11/2020 15:06Fri Nov 27 15:06:27 2020

Views: 581

Just Reading On Hendons Excellent Greensnet Link.
That The Southern League Held An "Emergency Meeting" This Morning And Have Another 2 Planned Today And Guidance Whatever That May Be From The FA Tomorrow!
Im Afraid I Have Zero Confidence In The Southern League Board In The Way They Gave Fans Just Hours Notice Of Suspension Of The League In March.
So I Would Say To Them Cut All This Talking.
If Teams In Tier 2 Agree Let's Get The Show On The Road Saturday 12th December And That Means In Our Case Playing Poole At Home.
Use Sat 5Th December For Practice Games To Get Players Upto Speed Fitness Wise.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!

By SteveHFC27/11/2020 20:06Fri Nov 27 20:06:47 2020In response to Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 542

First up, for those that recognise my username, I am no longer involved at Hendon either behind the scenes or as a supporter.

Terence - you may be interested to know that there are some clubs in Tier 2 not comfortable with starting up again. Clubs in Tier 2 are not allowed to open their clubhouses unless they are serving full meals restaurant style - which will be a dent in the income for many clubs. Clubs at Tier 3 cannot have supporters attending.

I think you may well find that the restart of the season may well be further delayed, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was suspended completely for the 2020-21 season. You can't penalise teams just because of where they are located. It needs to be fair for everyone.

By Middx Wanderer27/11/2020 19:08Fri Nov 27 19:08:27 2020In response to Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 543

But the Southern League made absolutely the right decision in March

Thete is much to consider before restarting

It must be likely that the full season is not going to be completed (Yate will only have played 8 matches going into the new year).
So apart from the difficulties in restarting. They will probably also need to work out how to end the season too

Edited by Middx Wanderer at 19:08:55 on 27th November 2020

By Middx Wanderer27/11/2020 19:08Fri Nov 27 19:08:19 2020In response to Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 549

But the Southern League made absolutely the right decision in March

Thete is much to consider before restarting

It must be unlikely that the full season is not going to be completed (Yate will only have played 8 matches going into the new year).
So apart from the difficulties in restarting. They will probably also need to work out how to end the season too

By TOWN COLOURS27/11/2020 20:03Fri Nov 27 20:03:42 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 564

Under Tier 2 - which most clubs in our league are , the bar cannot open unless substantial meals are sold. So most clubs if not all will seemingly have a reduction in money coming in. Only funds from a match will be from the paying spectators. Looking forward with interest as to how this situation evolves.

By Terence27/11/2020 20:32Fri Nov 27 20:32:18 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 556

Thank You To Alan Middlesex Wanderer,Dave Town Colours & Steve HFC For Your Views.
Ive Got To Say This I Appreciate The Income Streams Being Lost At The Bar Of Course.
But The Great Joy Of Non League Football Is That We Watch And Support It For The Love Of The Game And I Hope The Players Feel The Same Way.
We Need A Can Do Attitude To Get Things Up And Running Again.
Let's Ask Those Fat Cats Of The Premier League To Give Non League A Proper Slice Of The Cash We Need To Have A Healthy Grass Roots.
Sell More Raffle Tickets At The Match!
Anything That Helps And Let's Keep It Positive And Get That Game With Poole On Saturday 12Th December!

By cappers27/11/2020 23:00Fri Nov 27 23:00:26 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 721

It's a ridiculous situation. So it's okay for people to attend a football match in a football ground but you can't go into the bar to have a drink except you can if it's being served with a meal (in tier 2). Where is the logic in that?

Am I right in thinking that teams from our level (Isthmian and Northern) that are in tier 3 won't be allowed spectators? I know that is the case for elite football but not sure about football at this level. That of course was the reason why Merthyr Town decided to pull out of the league for the season.

At least ir's all good for Truro!

By Terence27/11/2020 23:50Fri Nov 27 23:50:29 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 806

Hello Cappers You Make Some Excellent Points As Always.
Im Afraid I Will Have To Be Blunt And Say It's Time For Some New Thinking At The Top Of Government Because The Advice Boris Johnson Is Getting From The Brothers Grim Vallance & Whitty Is Totally Without That Well Known Medical Term "Common Sense"
Im Afraid The Southern League Board Hopeless Response Today Didn't Surprise Me.
Their So Called Emergency Meeting Just A Talking Shop With No Doubt Tea & Biscuits.
My Appeal To Them And All Fans & Clubs Is If It's Not Sexist To "Man Up" Show The Spirit That Helped Us Win 2 World Wars And Get The Season Up & Running On Saturday 12 Th December.
If Only We Could Have Margaret Thatcher Back!
A True Leader!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)28/11/2020 16:05Sat Nov 28 16:05:45 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 510

I totally see why clubs would miss out on bar takings. However, surely gate receipts, programme sales and tea bar sales would still be more money than if we played no games??

Or if no games go ahead are we getting government/Football Foundation/FA money to survive?

How much are we getting from the bail out for grassroots announced recently?

By cappers28/11/2020 18:37Sat Nov 28 18:37:19 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 493

But what about all the teams in tier 3? I know we don't have any in the Southern South Prem but there are plenty in the other leagues at our level. As far as I understand, they would need to play behind doors (unless that only applies to elite level - can anyone confirm?). If that it is the case, they would be at a huge disadvantage purely based on their geographical location.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)28/11/2020 18:44Sat Nov 28 18:44:38 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 500

This is true. Elite football was supposed to be 2000, 4000 etc. Before lockdown if you were in tier 3 you could still have fans right? From what the leagues have said I’m guessing this has changed.

By Terence28/11/2020 17:38Sat Nov 28 17:38:08 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 487

Hello Harrowred Thanks As Always For Your Views.
It's A Confused Picture With As I Understand A Ludicrous Ban On Tea Bars At The Ground.
But Im With You About Gate Receipts,Programmes & 50/50 Sales On Match Days.
Also The Elite Draw Boro Do.
The Players & Management May Have To Make Some Sort Of Percentage Wage Deferral And The Time Has Come For Non League Football At Whatever Level To Be Properly Funded By The Premier League Fatcats And For Them To Give Us All 20% Of Any Further TV Contract.
Until They Do That Don't Subscribe To Sky & Bt And Hit Them In The Pocket!
I Read With Interest on Northwoods Twitter That The Isthmian League Are Meeting On Tuesday Night With a View To A 19th December Restart.
That's A Clear Direction Which Is So Clearly Lacking With The Southern League!

By Fulham red28/11/2020 20:24Sat Nov 28 20:24:29 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 485

How can you ask people to defer wages when some have this as their only source of income.Get real and understand that in all likelihood the best way is to cancel the current season.If we improve the R number after Xmas maybe play some sort of localised mini leagues to encourage players and fans to help their clubs.

By Terence29/11/2020 06:56Sun Nov 29 06:56:26 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 623

Im Totally With The Views Of Earlsmead Part Timer & Cappers It's Time We Got A Sense Of Proportion About This Virus And Find A Way Battling Through And Not Just Throwing In The Towel.
As For Fulham Reds Comment About Getting Real About Wages.
I Only Wish The Premier League Had Done That A Long Time Ago Paying Players & Agents Obscene Amounts Of Money Paid For Of Course By Mug Fans Through Admission Money And Tv Subscriptions And Merchandise Etc.
The Show Must Go On And The Season Must Restart And I Know Players At Our Level Play For The Love Of The Game And Would Im Sure Come To An Agreement About Wages Just To Play.
That's The Big Difference Between Non League And The Premier League The Love Of The Game And Not Just Love Of The Money.

By Earlsmead part-timer28/11/2020 22:16Sat Nov 28 22:16:20 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 876

Football aside I just don't get the country's response to this virus at all, from a medical or political point of view.

50,000 plus have died with Covid 19.
The vast majority of people who get this disease live through it and don't know they've have it, and many have no symptoms at all.

Each death is sad.
I undestand that and I'm not taking it lightly and at the end of the day I'll do what they tell me to do.

But . .

As far as I know 170,000 people die from heart disease in this country a year.
164,000 from cancer.
30,000+ from lung disease.
95,000 alcohol related deaths.
None of these deaths garner the same response.

If you use the same logic on medical grounds all alcohol sales for example should be banned immediately to save lives ( don't give them any ideas EPT ! )

It just doesn't make any sense to me and seems disproportionate in IMO .

And we're facing the possibility of two years of football being voided at our level ?
God I hope not.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 22:17:31 on 28th November 2020
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 22:23:56 on 28th November 2020
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 22:27:00 on 28th November 2020

1 person likes this 1 person   

By cappers28/11/2020 22:33Sat Nov 28 22:33:59 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 539

But it's not just the response from the UK that's over the top. It's the world in general.

I'm currently in Israel. They had just got out of a second lockdown before I arrived and now they are talking about a third lockdown coming soon. I have to wear a mask at all times when out in public including in the street. I had to spend two weeks in quarantine when I arrived in a small hotel room and wasn't allowed to leave my room. I almost went out of my mind. It's a disaster for your mental and physical state.

I"m pretty sure I've had Covid. I had a temperature for three days and lost my sense of smell and taste for a few days. Big deal! Like the other 95% of people I got over it and moved on. Why all this fuss about a virus that has such a low mortality rate?

My business in Kazakhstan was badly affected earlier on in the year. Fortunately there have been no more lockdowns in Kazakhstan so things are getting back to normal.

These lockdowns and restrictions do more harm than good. It's time to stop hiding from the virus and just accept it is there and get on with life. The vulnerable need to take more care obviously.

As for the football, I hope the season can be completed but I have my doubts.

Edited by cappers at 22:38:01 on 28th November 2020

By Earlsmead part-timer28/11/2020 22:48Sat Nov 28 22:48:47 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 674

Yep I just don't understand it Cappers.

I think I got my figures wrong for the alcohol deaths in my previous post .

95,000 is for US not UK
But it's still knocking on 8,000 deaths I think and then there's pneumonia 15,000 and flu just not the same response from the government.
I just find it all very odd.

By cappers28/11/2020 22:57Sat Nov 28 22:57:23 2020In response to Re: Leadership Needed From Southern League!Top of thread

Views: 502

Yes Earlsmead part-timer, I agree but this is the crazy world we live in.

Previous thread: Return of the reds! by Boro Loyal20/11/2020 01:11Fri Nov 20 01:11:52 2020view thread