Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro v Barnet by Middx Wanderer26/7/2021 10:49Mon Jul 26 10:49:54 2021view thread

Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4

By Terrance21/7/2021 22:26Wed Jul 21 22:26:45 2021

Views: 867

First Of All The Minutes Applause For Spencer McCall Was Quite Moving.
May Spencer Rest In Peace.
Also Albert Adomah Cameo Appreciated
Good Luck Albert For The Season.
As For The Match We Showed Fighting Spirit And Got Stuck In Well
But Never Easy When Your Playing Professionals Who PlayFootball
For A Living.
We Lost The Last 2 Goals Playiing Out From The Back And Losing Ball
In a Bad Area.
I’m Sorry But This Is Brainless.
Give An Instruction To The Keeper Always Kick The Ball Into The Opponents Half.
Also Free Kicks There Seems No Set Plan.
If You Have Free Kick Kick Always Hit The Box And Go To Win 2nd Ball
I Would Say Around 7/10 For That and l Think Lewis Cole Man Of The Match For Getting Stuck In That First Half.
As Ever Come On You Reds!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4

By harrowred (RedHarrow)21/7/2021 23:57Wed Jul 21 23:57:00 2021In response to Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4Top of thread

Views: 994

Firstly, I thought QPR were superb. They totally dominated the game from the first minute to the last. Secondly, it was great to see Adomah back at the Boro. I still hope one day that, he will come back to play for us.

As for the game and players, Boro really didn’t seem to get going. We seemed to go long far too often, partly because of a lack of option to pass in midfield and partly because of a lack of quality, albeit against a very good side. The long ball wasn’t working and we couldn’t get out better players into the game. A shame really that Tricker, Bryan, O’Connor and Wynter didn’t play for whatever reasons.

The new goalkeeper (Loris Marciamain) was fine but his distribution was poor.

I thought Sammy Adenola did well at right back. Seems he has come over from Holmesdale FC. Could do with strengthening up a bit but looked decent.

James Mansfield (CB from Flackwell Heath) looked comfortable for our level. I don’t think our 3 man CB tactic worked well against the QPR formation so would like to see him against a 2 man strike partnership.

Frankie Taylor (left back) didn’t do too much to impress me. Didn’t offer too much going forwards.

Albie Sheehan Cozens who came on at CB was at fault for a goal trying to play out of the back and nearly did the same again shortly after. He seemed unfit/carrying weight too.

The striker who I think was called Andy and perhaps a trialist was not too bad. He struggled for touches and opportunities because we didn’t create anything but looked an annoyance to the QPR back line when we did get forward.

I wasn’t impressed with Sam Gubbins, I feel like he needs to sharpen up. Lost the ball too often and didn’t recover enough

Looking forward to seeing us play again in a couple of weeks against a team more of our level and see how we do.

By Terrance22/7/2021 00:06Thu Jul 22 00:06:23 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4Top of thread

Views: 1008

Yes Harrow Red There Was a Gulf In Class And Our Strongest Team Not Available.
But l Would Say This If We Go Long From The Back And HIt The Channels
We Can’t Lose The Ball In Bad Areas Like We Did For The Last 2 Goals Also Of Course Someone Needed Who Can Do Some Long Throws.
But It Was Great Just See Some Live Football Again And l Didn’t Say It
In My Article Well Done To QPR Xl And Wish Them Well In The Pro Game And Thanks QPR For Sending a Team Which Brought Good Gate Money and Bar Money Too!!!

By The Majors Hat22/7/2021 07:17Thu Jul 22 07:17:13 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4Top of thread

Views: 1130

Need to file last night in the 'It's only pre season folder' as Boro were very poor against an albeit much stronger opposition.
Can't say that any of the new players / trialists on show had me hoping that they sign.
Fit full time players against part timers (several who appear to have wintered well) in scorching heat was always going to be an uphill battle.
The squad looks short in several areas.
Let's hope some quality is added in time for the start of the league season or we could be in for a tough season.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)22/7/2021 09:06Thu Jul 22 09:06:30 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4Top of thread

Views: 988

I agree Major.

I think we did have a left back who burnt his bridges with the covid lie/playing for another team (See Steve Baker tweet). He turned out for Hampton & Richmond instead and also this week played for Swindon on trial I believe. I think Mansfield could be a squad player. Would like to see us get more of a powerhouse in midfield.

By Earlsmead part-timer22/7/2021 09:43Thu Jul 22 09:43:41 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4Top of thread

Views: 1096

Yep apart from the result from a Boro point of view ( I was split between two camps on this game ! )
It was a good night.

Agree about how good the QPR team were.
They could have easily sent down a team to Boro made up of really young kids and not bothered. All the youngsters there were superb and their attitude spot on.
I guess if it isn't Chris Ramsey and Paul Furlong would soon move them out.

Early days yet for Harrow and I hope in the next few friendlies Steve can strengthen the squad where it needs to be done .

On a personal note it was just great to be back seeing a Boro game the first for me in nearly 10 months and to see so many old faces I haven't been able to catch up with .
Also a quick word on Albert Adomah.
What a legend he is for Boro and QPR.
Taking time out to sign autograph's and let people take photos etc all evening .
Top bloke , thanks Albert .

Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4 match highlights

By Middx Wanderer25/7/2021 16:29Sun Jul 25 16:29:55 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 0 QPR Xl 4Top of thread

Views: 773

Here
/www.pitchero.com/clubs/harrowborough/videos/vs-qpr-169053.html

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/harrowborough/videos/vs-qpr-169053.html

Previous thread: Harrow Borough v QPR Xl by Terrance21/7/2021 06:55Wed Jul 21 06:55:38 2021view thread