Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Player goings by harrowred23/5/2021 19:56Sun May 23 19:56:49 2021view thread

Harrow Borough v Barnet Match Preview

By Terrance10/8/2021 12:01Tue Aug 10 12:01:22 2021

Views: 1031

Really Looking Forward To This Evenings Game Against Barnet For “The Harrow Cup”.
With The League Season Now Just 4 Days Away I Would Expect Us Play a Full Strength Team And This Should Be A Good Test Against A National League Side In Barnet.
I Think The Important Thing For This Game And All Matches This Season Is To Concentrate On How We Play And Not Worry So Much With Fancy Systems In Countering The Opposition.
4-4-2 To Me Is The Best Set Up.
Get Crosses In The Box With Good Set Pieces And Yes Long Throws As Well!!!
Binning Please The Slow Build Up Stuff From The Back And Those Short Corners!!!
A Typical British Game Good Tempo And With The Right Attitude And Commitment I’m Sure With The Talented Players We Have We Can Easily Challenge For a Top 6 Spot.
As For Tonight Barnet Had a Poor Season Last Year But Have A Good Tradition In The Non League Game But I’m Saying 2-1 To Boro And Our First Piece Of Silverware Of The Season!!!
Any One Else On Forum Land With a Score Prediction Please Feel Free To Give!!!
As Ever Come On You Reds!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Borough v Barnet Match Preview

By geemickey10/8/2021 13:48Tue Aug 10 13:48:39 2021In response to Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 843

Hi Terrance.

Glad to see the old enthusiasm and optimism are still there with you.

In your views of tonight's game you forgot to mention " and lots of fouls in midfield " !!
(I've never agreed with your philosophy in that regard because fouls lead to yellow cards and then suspensions - and the freekicks awarded often lead to long crosses into the box - just the tactic you want to see employed by the Borough to score goals so, if it works for the opposition too, it would lead to goals being conceded.
Clean tackling and avoidance of fouls leaves the clean team less vulnerable surely ?

It will be interesting to see what happens to attendances when the season gets underway.
We'll have to wait and see, but I'd hope Harrow could establish an average of at least 250 - and with the density of population I can't see why regular crowds of 350 can't be achieved on a regular basis, rather than just when the mighty Chesham United and their fans are in town !!

Enjoy tonight's game. More importantly, start with 3 points Saturday v. Yate.

By Terrance10/8/2021 14:15Tue Aug 10 14:15:18 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 1014

Hello Gee-Mickey Thank You For Your Kind Words.
More Enthusiastic Than Ever!!!
I Had The Great Pleasure Visiting Chesham Recently On Business And The People Friendly As Ever And The Town Looking Good!
As For The “Dark Arts”Of Stopping The Opposition Playing Through You
In Midfield By Fouling..
I Would Say All Successful Teams Do This.
For Example
Souness At Liverpool
Keane At Man Utd
Vinnie Jones Wimbledon
Vierria At Arsenal
Don McKay Spurs
Norman Hunter Leeds
Just Some Examples There.
As For Attendences That’s a Big Issue.
I Can Remember During Our Most Successful Time Of The Early 80s
The Average Being Around 300-400.
But Give Me Non League Any Time Over The Pro Game Where There Only Motive Is Money And To Shaft The Fans With Sky High Admission
And Tv Subscriptions And So Called Merchandise.
Hope Borough and Chesham Have a Good Season And We Fight it Out For The Title!!!

By geemickey11/8/2021 08:02Wed Aug 11 08:02:07 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 1058

You're going back quite a few years there Terrance. Referees are much less tolerant these days.

(You here commentators say " Did he touch him ?" before players fall down screaming in pain claiming free kicks or penalties. No wonder refs are conned. The players are usually up running about seconds later !

By Terrance11/8/2021 08:37Wed Aug 11 08:37:48 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 900

Yes Agreed Gee-Mickey Going Back A Bit With Norman Hunter And The Rest!
But I Think Still Relevant As We Saw At Borough Last Night We Were Out Muscled In The Middle Of The Park And Couldn’t Get Enough Good Possession Of The Ball To Stop Barnet From Playing.
But As l Wrote In My Match Report Far More Urgency Will Be Needed For Yate Town On Saturday And With Home Advantage In Expecting Us To Start The Season With 3Points!!!

By geemickey11/8/2021 09:22Wed Aug 11 09:22:13 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 929

If Borough don't beat Yate Town I think a miserable season awaits !

By Middx Wanderer11/8/2021 10:00Wed Aug 11 10:00:12 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 732

That's some sweeping statement.
Do you have any idea of the strength of Yate this season.

We also have three players that have not played in any pre season games & atleast 2 others that would be guaranteed to start missing the last couple of games. So even in worst case scenario we should improve.

By Earlsmead part-timer10/8/2021 13:40Tue Aug 10 13:40:29 2021In response to Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 892

Can't see anything other than a Barnet win.

Our pre season has been mixed result wise imo and must be a nightmare for the management team with who is available or not and why with Covid related issues etc etc .

1-3 to Barnet .

By Terrance10/8/2021 13:44Tue Aug 10 13:44:39 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 815

Cheers Earlsmead Part Timer For Your Views And Score Prediction.
Yes Of Course Barnet Will Be Favourites For This One But As l Said In The Match Preview Lets See How We Approach This.
Take The Game To Barnet lm Saying and I’m Sticking With To 2-1 To Borough!!!

By geemickey10/8/2021 13:50Tue Aug 10 13:50:47 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Barnet Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 882

Results of pre-season frindlies are soon forgotten.

Previous thread: Harrow Borough 0 Barnet 4 by Terrance10/8/2021 23:00Tue Aug 10 23:00:08 2021view thread