Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harrow Borough 1 Yate Town 2 by Terrance14/8/2021 18:44Sat Aug 14 18:44:49 2021view thread

Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match Preview

By Terrance14/8/2021 12:40Sat Aug 14 12:40:51 2021

Views: 944

The Suns Shining And Our 1st Game Of The Season Against Yate Town.
I’m Sure I Speak For All Non League Fans In Saying Let’s Put This COVID Stuff Behind Us Now And Show A Bit Of Backbone And Play A Full Season Without Interruption.
As For Today’s Game We Are Favourites To Win This And If We Play To Our Potential We Definitely Have The Better Players And Should Win.
But What I’m Looking For Is Yes A Fierce Determination To Win The Game And How We Go About It.
4-4-2 Is The Best System With Plenty Of Crosses And Good Set Pieces And A Direct Style Of Play.
Get Some Hard Tackles In Early Doors In The Midfield And A Good Challenge On Their Keeper From The First Corner.
Show We Mean Business From The First Whistle.
This Is A Very Winnable Match To Start The Season.
If We Show The Right Attitude And Commitment I’m Expecting A 3-1 Win This Afternoon.
Please Anyone Else On This Great Forum Who Has A Score Prediction Please Say.
As Ever.
Come On You Reds!!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match Preview

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/8/2021 14:42Sat Aug 14 14:42:14 2021In response to Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 765

Steve Baker this morning tweeted about it being the least enjoyable pre season and suggested something happened last night/this morning. Could have been players leaving or Covid interrupting things. Yate could be good value at 2/1 with the bookies. Hoping for 2-1 Boro but potentially thinking 2-1 Yate.

By Earlsmead part-timer14/8/2021 17:55Sat Aug 14 17:55:39 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 980

You were right Harrowred 1-2 to Yate , look forward to hear fans views of the match.

I've got a feeling in me water though this season is going to be a long hard struggle I hope I'm wrong .

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/8/2021 18:13Sat Aug 14 18:13:19 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 940

What with Covid it well could be. Hopefully with isolation rules disappearing soon if you have been double vaccinated, it will make things easier come the autumn.

As for the game today, a very mishmash team in terms of new faces that we haven’t seen before today.

Damian Las started in goal. Presumably on loan from Fulham, recently had a loan spell with North Carolina. He saved a penalty right after half time and settled in to the game well.

Imran Uche, previously with Hampton started in CB and thought he did well. Tall and strong. Ahmit Biler started at left back, formerly of Harlow, he did okay after a shaky start. Ayodeji Owoeye started upfront, previously at Grimsby. Looked to run behind and dribble with the ball but was quite ineffective.

Yate started the better of the teams, had lots of possession in our half, a number of corners and long throws. However we dealt pretty well with these. The last 15 mins saw us grow into the game without really causing too much trouble.

The second half we carried on well with possession after Las saved the penalty. James Mansfield made a mistake by not listening to Terry, trying to play on the halfway line when the best option as the opposition pressed was to clear. They nipped in and finished well. 1-0 against the run of play.

We managed a quick equaliser, very scrapping through David Taylor who had a good game. However Yate threatened again, Mansfield being turned inside out before Las saved but couldn’t prevent the rebound. We then changed formation as we went for an equaliser but didn’t create very much, Ewington hitting the outside of the post/crossbar with about 5 to go.

Much to improve upon, players to come back in but not the best start. Yate will probably be in the bottom half again so not great to give them 3 points but considering our team seems to have been put hastily together today, we didn’t do too bad. I think Uche looked good but we did lack physical strength further upfield. Biler and Las seemed capable for this level. Onwards and upwards.

By The Majors Hat14/8/2021 18:45Sat Aug 14 18:45:21 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 997

Agree with most of that. Imran looked a good player but not many others looked great.
My bug bear for the last few seasons has been Boro getting physically out matched during games and it happened again today.
We keep signing players who look like middle distance runners when nearly every other side is packed full of players built for rugby.
Hence why Yate had most of the possession.

We created very little and I'm not sure having 2 forwards under 5ft 8 is going to work when every side in the league has 6ft 4 centre half's who are also quicker than our players.
Let's hope there's a bit more fire in the belly at Hartley Wintney on Tuesday

By Terrance14/8/2021 19:00Sat Aug 14 19:00:41 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 921

Yes Some Good Points Majors Hat.
If MCS Is Available For Tuesday I Would Start With Him.
Marc A Good Physical Presence.
But Your Right For This League You Need Physical Players Who Can’t Be OutMuscled Easily.
But That’s Down To The Management Team To Work Out Major.

By The Majors Hat14/8/2021 19:13Sat Aug 14 19:13:07 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 1064

There's the worry my friend.
If they haven't realised that by now, will they ever?

We're in for a relegation scrap and it's lightweights v heavyweights unfortunately for us

By Terrance14/8/2021 19:19Sat Aug 14 19:19:54 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 849

Yes Indeed Major I Mentioned This To Byron Our Scout Once When l Had a Chat With Him A Couple Of Years Ago On Halfway.
Technical Ability Of Course But Just As Important In The Modern Game To Be Strong On The Ball As Well.
There Were Some Good Aspects Today.When We Fell Behind We Showed Good Fighting Qualities To Equalise.
But We Must Impose Ourselves Better With Better Tempo And Your Right Major More Physical Players.

By Earlsmead part-timer14/8/2021 18:43Sat Aug 14 18:43:33 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 909

Cheers thanks for that Harrowred.

Didn't u say in a earlier post Dylan Kearney was without a club after leaving Beaconsfield ?

Perhaps if he was available and affordable he could still do a job for the club if he's not gone somewhere else .

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/8/2021 19:13Sat Aug 14 19:13:03 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough v Yate Town Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 876

I think he is still at Beaconsfield. He does seem like the type of player we need upfront for sure. They won at Dorchester today. Some other interesting results included Hendon winning 4-0 (!) at Truro!

I think Adenola at right back has got good potential to do well. I know we were chasing the game but thought we looked immediately better when we went to 4-4-2 with wingers. We really lacked width before that but with Oduteko, Wynter, O’Connor all out we are missing some width. Moore couldn’t get in the game and I prefer watching him dictating on the wing and cutting in before unleashing his powerful strikes.

Agree with above post that having both strikers under 5ft 8 when we were chasing the game was not ideal. We actually got it wide late on but was a bit pointless crossing with those strikers. We can’t play the Terry way without some taller and physical players. Our midfield 3 was Cole, Moore and Bryan, which meant we really lacked physicality in there to win the ball. We need a big strong central midfielder who will break up play. That would have been ideal for Jordan Ireland but he has jumped ship. MCS does need to come back into the team if fit on Tuesday. Lots to improve on.

Hartley Witney got a good 2-2 draw at Merthyr today so will be interesting to see how much the lineup changes on Tuesday.

Previous thread: Yate Town and Hartley Wintney by Earlsmead part-timer13/8/2021 17:00Fri Aug 13 17:00:51 2021view thread