Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Harrow Borough v Poole Match Preview by Terrance28/8/2021 11:03Sat Aug 28 11:03:18 2021view thread

The Gameplan.

By Terrance28/8/2021 19:21Sat Aug 28 19:21:27 2021

Views: 1027

What I’m Going To Set Out Is The Basic Things You Need To Do To Be Successful At This Level Of Football.
Some May Say No Doubt Say It’s Too Direct Or A Percentage Game But Here Goes!
1 When You Kick Off.Kick The Ball Diagional Towards Opposition Corner Flag So You Start In Opposing Territory.
2 Never Ever Take A Short Corner As Its Only 50/50 The Ball Gets Delivered In The Box.
3 When You Have A FreeKick In Opposition Half Always Hit Their Penalty Area To Win 2nd Ball And Challenge The Opposing Keeper Robustly At Corners.
4 From A Throw In Always Throw The Ball Down The Line Forwards Never Sideways Or Backwards As You Could Lose Ball In Bad Area
5 Never Play Out From Back Again You Can Lose Ball In A Bad Area.
6 When Keeper Has a Goal Kick Always Always Go Long With The Kick
7 Always Play 4-4-2 If At All Possible
8 Always If Possible Have A Centre Forward 6Ft Plus
9 Always Have A Player Who Can Take A Long Throw
10 A Captain Who’s A Leader Who Can Shake His Fist And Demand More.
In Other Words Play The Game On The Front Foot.
Ditch The Short Passing Stuff.
Get The Ball Forward Early
Practise Hard On Passing And Shooting And With Determination and Effort We Won’t See Another Performance Like That Of Today.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: The Gameplan.

By geemickey29/8/2021 07:58Sun Aug 29 07:58:01 2021In response to The Gameplan.Top of thread

Views: 924

Some statements of the obvious :

If players had the skills of Premier Lge players they wouldn’t be playing at Harrow Borough and probably not even at Chesham Utd !

Playing ‘out from the back’ is always likely to result in lost possession at our level because eventually players can lose control of the ball when pressured, unlike at Manchester City.

The answer ? Don’t do it – and always pressure opponents who do. They will make mistakes and yield possession.

The vast majority of goals are scored from within the penalty area, so yes, get the ball into the area – but at a height which negates the advantages of tall burly defenders if your strikers are shorter. High crosses are easier for tall defenders to defend but also allow them to physically dominate strikers. Unless you have a couple of big strong front men, high crosses are unlikely to be effective.

What are the chances that a high cross actually finds the head of your outnumbered and well marked strikers, is directed on target and then beats the goalkeeper or defenders on the goal line ?
I’d say 25% x 50% x 50% at very best 6.25% - ie. you may score once from every 16 high crosses.

Low crosses, hit hard into the area, particularly when pulled back from the bye-line, can result in own goals as well as giving attacking players a better chance of winning possession and scoring.

Harrow Borough players need to understand the importance of the FA Cup game v. Ramsgate.
I'd suggest no pay if you lose and a little bonus if you win.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Terrance29/8/2021 08:38Sun Aug 29 08:38:59 2021In response to Re: The Gameplan.Top of thread

Views: 861

Cheers Gee-Mickey That’s Just The Kind Of Feedback I’m Looking For And I’m Hoping Some Of The Players and Management Are Reading This Forum And Taking On Board What’s Being Said.
Playing Out From The Back Slowly Is Pointless As You Rightly Say.
Too Easy To Lose The Ball In A Bad Area.
As For Crossess Defenders Don’t Like Them!
Yes Low Crosses In The Box Are The Most Difficult To Deal With But You Need A Good Mix So It’s Vital You Have a Big Target Man Too.
To Win Football Matches You Need To Play The Game In The Opponents Half Of The Pitch Using The Channels Well.
With Long Throws Good Set Pieces and Proper Corners Where The Keeper Is Tested.
Needs Hard Work And Effort To Win Matches.
That Means In Training Practice Hard In Passing,Crosses And Shooting Yes The Basics Of The Game.
You Mention Ramsgate That’s A Big Game Financially But We Already Have A Relegation Six Pointer Tomorrow At Hendon.
If MCS Can’t Play Then Frank Keita Must Start Up Front To Give Us A Physical Prescence.
But The Truth Is This Unless We Change To A Direct Style We Face A Very Tough Season Ahead.
We Do Have A Number Of Quality Players But In My View There’s Got To Be Better Planning How To Control Games And Not This Off The Cuff Approach We See From Short Corners and Short Free Kicks That Rarely Produce Anything.
Good Debate This Sunday Morning!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)28/8/2021 20:27Sat Aug 28 20:27:22 2021In response to The Gameplan.Top of thread

Views: 758

I did laugh when we took our first corner short and glanced towards you Terry. You were clearly annoyed. We couldn’t play direct today, with no MCS. Ewington in fairness to him wanted to run in behind but the balls were not good enough or didn’t come. We have Okimolusi and Okoeye but they’re very similar to Ewington in terms of size and strength. Personally think we only need one of them and need to look for another taller striker for when MCS is not available.

By Terrance28/8/2021 20:38Sat Aug 28 20:38:11 2021In response to Re: The Gameplan.Top of thread

Views: 811

Cheers HarrowRed Yes A Fergie Hairdryer Moment With That Short Corner!
I Would Have Started Frank Keita Up Front.
As Soon As He Came On He Had An Impact.
My Gameplan l Hope The Players And Managerment Have A Good Look At For Monday’s Relegation 6 Pointer At Hendon!

Previous thread: Played for both Harrow and Poole by APAW26/8/2021 17:26Thu Aug 26 17:26:45 2021view thread