Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: David Taylor Support by Middx Wanderer19/8/2021 09:18Thu Aug 19 09:18:44 2021view thread

Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview

By Terrance30/8/2021 08:30Mon Aug 30 08:30:10 2021

Views: 1350

First Of All Thank You To Other Forum Members Harrored,Cappers,Majors Hat and Earlsmead Part Timer And Our Friend From Chesham Gee-Mickey For Their Feedback On Our Style Of Play.
Let’s Hope This Is Taken On Board Starting With This Afternoons Relegation 6 Pointer With Hendon.
I’m Glad This Match Has Come Quickly After Saturday So That The Players and Management Can Put Right The Basic Errors That We All Saw At Earlsmead.
The Motto Is Keep Things Simple As We Saw With Pooles 4Th Goal.
A Good Cross From A Long Free Kick Out Wide and A Header Into The Net!
If MCS Is Unavailable We Must Start With Frank Keita or Imran Uche Up Front To Give Us a Physical Prescence Even Though l Accept Thats Not There Chosen Position.
Hendon Are Nothing Special If We Can Start At A Good Tempo With Good Crossing and Corners and Set Pieces Well Delivered I Know We Have The Better Quality Players To Win This.
This Will Be A Tough Game On The 3G Pitch And a Very Good Test Of Our Players Character and Bottle After Saturdays Poor Defeat.
So lm Saying My Old Favourite Scoreline Of 2-1 To Borough And As Many Of Our
Fans As Possible Get To Silver Jubilee Park This Afternoon Please.
Anyone Else On Forum Land With A Score Prediction Please Give And As
Ever.
Come On Reds!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview

By Earlsmead part-timer30/8/2021 12:31Mon Aug 30 12:31:45 2021In response to Hendon v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 1162

Two poor and out of form teams, although Boro do seem to play better away from home at the moment.

It's the footballing equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb . . . . .

Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeat

By harrowred (RedHarrow)30/8/2021 17:44Mon Aug 30 17:44:30 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 1191

1. Conceding after a minute is typical Boro. Nothing like putting yourself in a hole to start with.

2. Hendon defended well to hold on to their early goal.

3. We responded and played relatively well. The pitch definitely helps to play a possession based style and we saw a lot of the ball. We created a couple of good chances, Frank Keita missing narrowly both times. George Moore also just can’t get his striking right at the moment.

4. We couldn’t create quite enough in the second half but did see have a Preddie header cleared off of the line. Again we really lacked substitutions to effect the game. Missing Ewington and MCS was a big impact on the attacking options. I think we were worthy of a point but fair play to Hendon for holding out.

5. Uche played really well at right back. He’s now played in 3 positions and looks a good player. Quick, tall, strong and has good feet. It was a shame he couldn’t play in central midfield because we were missing Ben Tricker and James Taylor. If we can get a matchday squad with everyone (Las, Adenola, Uche, Taylor, Tricker, Preddie, Mansfield, Biler, Cain, Cole, Bryan, Moore, Keita, O’Connor, MCS, Ewington) fit, we have a decent team. A shame that Biler and O’Connor both picked up injuries today.

6. Ramsgate at home is must win. Always good to get the club a financial boost but we also need to stop the slump of defeats.

By Terrance30/8/2021 19:06Mon Aug 30 19:06:56 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1378

ThankYou HarrowRed Thats A Fair Summary Of What We Saw Today At Silver Jubilee Park This Bank Holiday Monday.
Disappointing To Lose That Early Goal But The Players Showed The Character And The Determination Needed In A Entertaining Local Derby.
Well Done To Hendon But l Think Dare l Say That A Lot That We Have Written On This Forum Has Been Taken On Board.
There Was Far More Urgency and Tempo About Our Game And We Easily Deserved At Least A Point With The Chances We Created By Getting The Ball In Good Areas.
As For Man Of The Match It Must Be Frank Keita Who Was Playing Out Of Position But Was So Very Unlucky Not To Score At Least Twice In The First Half
He And Anthony O’Connor Put Themselves About Well As Well As The Rest Of The Team.
As Always There’s No Subsitute For Hard Work So Keep Up The Practice In Training Of Passing,Crossing and Shooting!
If We Can Stick To The Way We Played This Afternoon,Not Only Will The
Goals Come But The Wins Too!!!
So Come On You Reds!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)31/8/2021 11:38Tue Aug 31 11:38:10 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 980

I think Keita does some of his best football playing off of the striker. We really just lacked the final ball or finish. If we can get our strikers on form and Moore to score a couple, I think we will be okay going forwards. Hopefully injuries to Biler and O’Connor are not too serious.

By Middx Wanderer31/8/2021 09:07Tue Aug 31 09:07:46 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1222

A disappointing result & a very poor spectacle.

Unfortunately the match was played a surface that quite simply is NOT a football pitch. Quite how it has got like that & why the, FA or Southern league have not struck it off is a mystery to me .

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Morgs31/8/2021 15:31Tue Aug 31 15:31:18 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1229

I've not checked, but I'd guess a pitch would have to deteriorate to the level of some of the used cars in Arfur Daley's yard to lose its FA/League accreditation.

Middx Wanderer's post would cause hilarity in Isthmian League fan circles, where Harrow Borough FC is viewed, rightly or wrongly, as a favoured club... and Hendon FC is viewed as having the same status amongst the Isthmian League Politburo that Kim Jong-Un enjoys in North Korea. I'd be inclined to believe the Southern League views both clubs less favourably.

Edited by Morgs at 15:31:49 on 31st August 2021

By Middx Wanderer31/8/2021 17:40Tue Aug 31 17:40:22 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1159

I think Hendon have a problem, as The FA artificial pitch register says the licence has expired. See /footballfoundation.org.uk/3g-pitch-register
I cannot not imagine it will be renewed either.

I would suggest it has deteriorated to the level of some of the used cars in Arfur Daley's yard !

By John Rogers31/8/2021 19:32Tue Aug 31 19:32:47 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1092

All clubs with an artificial surface have been given a year's grace due to the pandemic.

I think the original intention was for the pitch to have been re-laid in the summer just gone, however due to severe reductions of income that's not been possible. Our landlords at SJP have only just in the past couple of months been able to re-open to the various educational programmes that are hosted at the ground and which are a huge source of income.

The pitch is now in its 7th season of use and has undoubtedly seen better days. I think everyone concerned knows that it's not as good as others in our league.

What plans are in place for next summer, I have no idea, I hope it's able to be replaced and be of the quality of others in the division but as with all these things, finances dictate. Should it fail its next inspection then the club is in a bit of a sticky place.

That said, any perceived advantage we might have can be mitigated by our 6-2 defeat to Hayes and 3-1 defeat to Dorchester this season.

As for yesterday's game. I thought it was hard-fought but lacking in much quality. I don't think either side would have been able to argue had it ended all-square, especially given the number of players we were both missing for various reasons, but the luck ran our way this time.

Always a pleasure to see some familiar faces from our time at Earlsmead.

By Terrance31/8/2021 22:29Tue Aug 31 22:29:20 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1059

Thanks To John Rogers Of Hendon Explaining About The Pitch.
The Truth Is This That Pitch Not Ideal But The Same For Both Sides. Yesterday It Was A Pleasure As Always Attending Silver Jubilee Park As An Away Fan With The Hendon Officials And Fans Offering Good Banter!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)31/8/2021 18:23Tue Aug 31 18:23:55 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1175

Wonder what happens id the league is notified that their pitch is not valid for Fa affiliated football?

By cappers31/8/2021 19:27Tue Aug 31 19:27:47 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1130

The website states "Any 3G pitch shown as ‘expired’ is no longer approved and cannot be used for FA affiliated football regardless if it states FA or FIFA. FA or FIFA in the table below relates to the type of testing the pitch has undergone."

By cappers31/8/2021 19:30Tue Aug 31 19:30:20 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1109

Although there are quite a few stadiums apart from Hendon that are expired. These include the likes of Slough Town, Bolton Wanderers and Eastbourne Borough to name just a few.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)1/9/2021 16:02Wed Sep 1 16:02:41 2021In response to Re: Hendon v Harrow Borough Match Preview - 1-0 defeatTop of thread

Views: 1091

It’s quite interesting really. As we can see there is a years grace but definitely leaves Hendon in a sticky situation for next season.

Personally I don’t mind the 3G pitches it it’s not as good as grass!

Previous thread: “Highlights” by Terrance31/8/2021 22:38Tue Aug 31 22:38:56 2021view thread