Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Thank You!!! by Terrance18/9/2021 08:21Sat Sep 18 08:21:30 2021view thread

Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview

By Terrance14/9/2021 11:40Tue Sep 14 11:40:55 2021

Views: 1125

Looking Forward To This Trip To Farnborough This Evening With Our Fantastic Fans!
Really There’s Nothing To Fear About This Match.
Yes Farnborough Have Got Some Experienced Players In Under Their Manager Spencer Day But From What l Could See In The You Tube Video Against Taunton They Looked Vulnerable To High Balls In The Box And Had A Controversial Penalty Given Which Helped Them Scrape A Win.
The Key To Winning This Game Is To Deny Them Time On The Ball and At Every Free Kick In Their Half To Hit The Area.
As Always Get Some Robust Challenges In Midfield And Good Crosses In The Area.
Really The Same As We Have Done The Last 3 Games And I’m Very Confident We Shall Win This And Make It 4 Wins In A Row.
So I’m Saying 2-1 To Harrow Borough My Fav Scoreline!
Please Anyone Else In Forum Land With a Scoreline Please Say And As Ever Come On You Reds!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/9/2021 19:55Tue Sep 14 19:55:09 2021In response to Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 1217

2-1 Farnborough

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)14/9/2021 13:52Tue Sep 14 13:52:52 2021In response to Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 932

Plain and easy prediction. I'm going 6-0 tonight... Lets see what happens!

By Terrance14/9/2021 14:30Tue Sep 14 14:30:19 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 1027

Thank You Ash Boro Loyal And Earlsmead Part-Timer.
Six Of The Best Would Be Good But Any Scoreline Thats A Win We Would All Take I’m Sure.
Please Keep Those Scorelines Coming!!!

By Earlsmead part-timer14/9/2021 14:18Tue Sep 14 14:18:26 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 1209

I'm going for the old reverse psychology.
As Harrow always seem to lose when I back them to win, this is clearly a comfortable Farnborough win.

By geemickey14/9/2021 15:31Tue Sep 14 15:31:21 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 1163

Watch out for their playmaker Sam Deering.
He is an outstanding player at this level and will run the game if you allow him.

Harrow will do well if they can get a draw tonight.

By Terrance14/9/2021 15:46Tue Sep 14 15:46:38 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 1491

Cheers Gee-Mickey For That Advice About Deering.
Hopefully We Can Stop Him From Playing By Doing A Man Marking Job On Him.
You Say We Will Do Well To Get A Draw But From What I Saw On You Tube Against Taunton,Farnborough Looked Average At Best And All The Pressure Is On Them Tonight Having Made A Number Of New Signings
And If We Can Take The Game To Them And Make It A Battle I’m Sure We Can Bring Those 3Points Back To Earlsmead This Evening.
Please Any More Scores Please Give Forum Land!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/9/2021 19:56Tue Sep 14 19:56:54 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 1091

BoroLoyal you are more optimistic than Terry!!

Anybody know what’s happened to Imran Uche?

Two bookings for Mansfield and Taylor inside the opening 10 minutes. Red card more than likely knowing Boro!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/9/2021 20:05Tue Sep 14 20:05:34 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 1224

1-0 up.

Live radio commentary here;

http://mixlr.com/farnboroughfcradio/events/farnborough-fc-v-harrow-borough-fc

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/9/2021 20:34Tue Sep 14 20:34:39 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 1241

3-1 up at HT. 2 quick goals just before half time after Farnborough had equalised. Nothing silly now please Boro.

Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/9/2021 22:14Tue Sep 14 22:14:17 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Preview Top of thread

Views: 959

What a good result tonight. Sounded like we defended resolutely and took our chances well. According to the commentary we came close on another couple of occasions but so did Farnborough. Well done Boro, next to the FA Cup!

Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)

By Earlsmead part-timer14/9/2021 23:24Tue Sep 14 23:24:12 2021In response to Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 1037

Just got back to sleepy Dorset from the match and I have to say it was the best defensive , counter attacking display of football by Harrow Borough I've ever seen.
Strizovic in goal man of the match for me , fantastic.

Well done Boro.
A great result against a very strong team .

By Terrance15/9/2021 00:32Wed Sep 15 00:32:48 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 1020

First Of All l Must Thank Alan James For Arranging The Supporters Travel To Farnborough And Our Fab Fans Always A Pleasure To Travel With.
As For The Match That Would Have To Be One Of The Best Away Performances l Have Seen From Us!
We Played An Excellent Counter Attacking Game But When We Didn’t Have The Ball We Closed Farnborough Down And In The End They Just Ran Out Of Ideas!
Our First Goal James Ewington Made An Excellent Run Onto A Long Ball And Cooly Made It 1-0 After 16 Mins.
But Farnborough Danger Man Sam Deering Got An Equaliser 10 Mins Later.
We Restored The Lead On 42 Mins With Samuel Adenola Showing Great Determination To Win The Ball And A Superb Finish To Make it 2-1 And On 45 Mins It Was 3-1 With Another Expert Finish From James Ewington.
The Second Half We Did Excellent Defending As A Unit Without The Ball.
Getting Some Tough Tackles And Showing The Fierce Determination That Every Team Needs.
Very Tough Call But I’m Giving Goalie Josh Strizovic My Man Of The Match.
He Pulled Off A “Worldie Save”And His Handling And Shot Stopping Was Out Of The Top Drawer.
Well Done Josh!
Just A Few Idiots Made Some Comments As Us Fans Boarded The Supporters Mini Bus.
Some Of The Farnborough Fans Need To Stop Being “Bad Losers”
And Learn To Accept Defeat With Some Dignity.
So 4 Wins On The Trot Now And I’m More Confident Than Ever That We
Shall Make It 5 In A Row When We Knock Welling Out Of The FA Cup On Saturday!
Come On You Reds!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)15/9/2021 07:27Wed Sep 15 07:27:09 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 893

The commentary was also very much full of praise for loanee keeper Strizovic.

By Terrance15/9/2021 07:34Wed Sep 15 07:34:24 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 1085

Hello HarrowRed.
Josh Pulled Off A World Class Save Around The Hour Mark When The Ball Looked Certain To Go Into The Top Right Hand Corner!
The First Time l Have Given Man of Match To A Goalkeeper!

By Earlsmead part-timer15/9/2021 08:38Wed Sep 15 08:38:05 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 959

Yep that save u were on about Terry , that was unbelievable looking from behind the goal from the away end, incredible!

As u say though the only bit of sillyness was the bunch of feral teenagers who unfortunately for Farnborough have appeared to have latched on to there club and seem more interested in trying to goad and intimidate away fans than actually watch the match.
I think when other teams fans go to Farnborough who have bigger away followings than us and who aren't as tolerant as us, they could be in for a rude awakening.

Still, what a brilliant night for Harrow , tactically we totally out thought them, a defensive masterclass !

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 08:38:58 on 15th September 2021

By Terrance15/9/2021 08:48Wed Sep 15 08:48:58 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 952

Cheers Earlsmead Part-Timer.
I Was The On The Sideline Near The Goal We Were Defending In The 2nd Half And I Must Say That Save By Josh Was World Class As It Looked Certain For The Top Corner!
Defensive As A Team We Have Improved So Much When We Haven’t Got The Ball And Playing A More Direct Game We Are Getting The Ball In Good Areas And Finding The Net!
Unfortunately Farnborough Do Have Some Idiots Who Tag On To The Club And Follow Them And Some Unpleasant So Called “Chants”Mostly In The 2nd Half And When We Boarded The Supporters Mini Bus To Depart.
They Seem To Think They Have Some Sort Of Devine Right To Beat Us
But Most Farnborough Fans Were Ok Just Those Few Mindless Idiots
Are Giving Farnborough A Bad Name.

Edited by Terrance at 08:49:22 on 15th September 2021

By cappers15/9/2021 15:22Wed Sep 15 15:22:49 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 935

I've also just watched the Spencer Day interview. Looks like our game plan worked to perfection so credit to Steve and the team for that. Four wins in a row! When was the last time that happened? Perhaps Middx Wanderer has the answer. Well done as well to those that went down to Farnborough to support us. I might sound a bit like Terry here but on my understanding, Welling are an average team that could very well be there for the taking.

4 wins in a row

By Middx Wanderer15/9/2021 16:02Wed Sep 15 16:02:22 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 787

The last time we won 4 consecutive games in a row was in November 2018.
We went on to make it 5 wins in a row by beating Farnborough on December 1st 5-0!

Re: 4 wins in a row

By Terrance15/9/2021 16:42Wed Sep 15 16:42:51 2021In response to 4 wins in a rowTop of thread

Views: 737

Thanks For That Alan Middlesex Wanderer.
With Welling Having Such A Poor Defence Maybe That 5-0 Scoreline Could Come True Again As We Make It 5 Wins In A Row!
But lm Very Confident That The Players Are Playing With Such Determination And Belief That We Can Beat An Average Welling Side This Saturday.

By Terrance15/9/2021 15:33Wed Sep 15 15:33:15 2021In response to Re: Farnborough v Harrow Borough Match Review (1-3)Top of thread

Views: 1219

Hello Cappers Yes It Was A Great Night Last Night At Farnborough and Our Fans As Always A Great Credit To Harrow Borough.
Spencer Day Was Refreshingly Honest And Your Right Cappers We Out Fought Farnborough On The Pitch And Out Thought Them Off The Pitch With Our Master Gameplan!
As For Welling Well In The Words Of Meatloaf “You Took Those Words Out Of My Mouth” They Are Average At Best And Losing On Average 3 Goals A Game In Their League.
When An Ex Hellenic League Side Such As Hungerford Town Can Beat Welling 4-1 On Wellings Home Ground It Suggests They Are And I’m Going To Say It Nothing Special and Yes There For The Taking On
Saturday!!!

Edited by Terrance at 15:34:00 on 15th September 2021

Previous thread: A Winning Formula! by Terrance15/9/2021 11:41Wed Sep 15 11:41:09 2021view thread