Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Draw Very Soon!!! by Terrance20/9/2021 12:58Mon Sep 20 12:58:40 2021view thread

Who Do We Want In Next Round!

By Terrance19/9/2021 16:02Sun Sep 19 16:02:42 2021

Views: 1134

I’ve Just Nominated Bedfont Sports At Earlsmead As A “Dream”
3rd Qualifying Round Draw For 1pm Monday Afternoon When The Draw Is Made At Lancaster Gate.
That’s My Wish,But Forum Land Members What Would Your Ideal Opponent Be For Us And Do You Want Home Sweet Home At Earlsmead Or An Awayday Like Yesterday At Wonderful Welling!
Please Name A Team!!!

Edited by Terrance at 16:06:43 on 19th September 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)19/9/2021 20:57Sun Sep 19 20:57:37 2021In response to Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1242

Personally I believe we will get a home tie against someone boring like Broadfields or Kings Langley, But I'd like us to play Welwyn. Would be nice to meet up with some of my pals at their club. Great fans too!

By Terrance19/9/2021 21:12Sun Sep 19 21:12:12 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1074

Hello Ash Boro Loyal Thank You For That.
We’ve Had A Wide And Varied View On The Forum Who We Are Going To Draw Tomorrow At 1pm.
Welwyn Sounds Good Hopefully At Home!
But We Have Gone As Far As Norwich And As Near As Bedfont Sports From Aylesbury To Ebsfleet And From Jersey To Billericay On Our Quest
For A 3rd Qualifying Round Oponent!!!
Not Forgetting Marlow,Chertsey Or Ware With Their Plastic Pitch Which We Don’t Want!
Seriously For A Mo,This Is The Real Magic Of The FA Cup For Fans At Our Level.
Yes Of Course Prize Money Won Is A Great Boost For Harrow Borough and All Non League Teams.
The Excitement Of This Draw at 1pm Tomorrow And Who We Get Knowing Of Course A Win In This Round And We Could Face A Big Club From The National League.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/9/2021 21:10Sun Sep 19 21:10:30 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1110

Broadfields are out but I think that would have been a good game. Probably the most local derby we could have!!

By Terrance19/9/2021 21:16Sun Sep 19 21:16:32 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 823

Yes Broadfields Would Be A Great Local Derby HarrowRed.
But There’s A Great Gulf In Class And I Would Be Confident We Would Beat Them Either Home Or Away.

Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round! - Regionalised

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/9/2021 08:41Mon Sep 20 08:41:28 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 999

There’s some talk on twitter that this stage of the draw is regionalised 3 ways rather than 2. Based on last years 3rd QR, we would be in the southern part of the draw whereas Norwich, Welwyn, Aylesbury etc would all likely be in the midlands part of the draw.

By Terrance20/9/2021 10:42Mon Sep 20 10:42:41 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round! - RegionalisedTop of thread

Views: 1169

Thanks For That HarrowRed.
So We Maybe Going Down South East For An Opponent!
As Long As It’s Not Jersey Away!
So In That Case Maybe Now Ebbsfleet Are The Favourites We Will Play After The Many Teams Mentioned!
Roll On 1pm For The Big Draw!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/9/2021 11:47Mon Sep 20 11:47:23 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round! - RegionalisedTop of thread

Views: 875

Interesting to note that as Jersey were drawn away to Sutton Commom in the 2Q and drew, the replay is also being held at Sutton Common again per FA rules. Jersey cannot host midweek replay games unless the other team agrees. SC didn’t agree so get another home game.

By Terrance20/9/2021 11:52Mon Sep 20 11:52:28 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round! - RegionalisedTop of thread

Views: 1025

That Seems Unfair On Jersey HarrowRed.
Because They Earned That Replay And Deserve Home Advantage.
If This Is A Question Of Money Surely The Jersey FA Should Seek Some Sort Of Payment From The FA As Jersey Are In A Truly Unique Situation!

By cappers20/9/2021 11:51Mon Sep 20 11:51:55 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round! - RegionalisedTop of thread

Views: 836

From the Jersey Bulls website:

Jersey Bulls FC are set to lose home advantage in this week’s FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Replay.

Whilst we had pre-arranged for Sutton Common Rovers to come to Springfield Stadium if a replay was required it became apparent that it was logistically difficult for Sutton Common Rovers to travel to the Island. FA rules state that if an offshore Island club is drawn away on the mainland then any midweek replay must also be played on the mainland again (unless both clubs agree to play offshore in Jersey).

Sadly despite looking at various midweek options, we have had to agree to play Sutton Common Rovers back at Gander Green Lane on Tuesday 21st September with a 7.30pm kick off.

A statement from the clubs Board said “We are disappointed for the Island and the footballing community as a whole that we won’t have the opportunity to host the FA Cup replay this week in Jersey at Springfield Stadium.”
The commitment from our travelling support, players and management team is outstanding. We are very proud of the dedication and passion they have for their Island.

We would like to ask the FA to review the ruling. The FA Cup is a National competition for clubs from the Premiership (effectively known as Tier 1) all the way down to Tier 10. This ruling effectively means that no matter how far an off shore club, such as Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man progresses, they will never play a home midweek game in the FA Cup.

We understand that teams in Tier 1 to Tier 8 are already required to play away from home midweek against an off shore clubs who come into their League and we would like to request that this is mirrored in the FA Cup.
We now will focus and prepare to travel away for our FA Cup 2nd Qualifying round replay on Tuesday 21st September. We thank everyone for their understanding.

By cappers20/9/2021 10:57Mon Sep 20 10:57:51 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round! - RegionalisedTop of thread

Views: 1223

These draws are always regionalised. When you get to the 4th qual round it becomes north/south. Even a couple of rounds ago, we couldn't have been drawn against Hendon. We were in the south east region and they were put in the south central (and dtew Corby). So in the previous two rounds we've been put in with the Kent, Sussex and Surrey teams.

From memory, I think the 3rd qual round is usually split into three. The south east and south west get combined together. There is then a midlands section and a northern section. Let's wait and see.

By Terrance20/9/2021 11:01Mon Sep 20 11:01:51 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round! - RegionalisedTop of thread

Views: 959

Cheers Cappers.
I’m Hoping It’s A Home Tie At Earlsmead and Whoever We Draw I’m Confident We Will Beat Them With The Outstanding Form We Are Showing At The Moment.
I Notice Frome Town Won On Saturday!
Maybe Them!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/9/2021 16:58Sun Sep 19 16:58:13 2021In response to Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1038

Good question Terry!

Like you said Bedfont would be a good draw. They did knock out Dulwich and we would go in as big favourites but relatively local and I’m sure it would be a good game.

Other local-ish teams include Wingate, Kings Langley, Welwyn Garden, Hemel/Ware.

I still maintain that Chertsey and Marlow are teams to avoid from leagues below. I would also like to avoid Hayes. A team from Southern Central over Southern South if it’s a team from our level just from an interesting point of view.

I like the sound of Ware/Hemel but am going to guess that we get Aylesbury United or Ebbsfleet.

By Terrance19/9/2021 17:06Sun Sep 19 17:06:11 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 951

Thank You As Always Dave Town Colours,The Majors Hat And HarrowRed.
Marlow Or Chertsey Would Be 2 To Avoid Agreed And Jersey Are Dark Horses At This Level Somewhat.
I Know Ware Have A Plastic Pitch So We Don’t Want Them!
If We Can’t Have Bedfont I’ve Got A Feeling It Could Be Aylesbury Utd
As HarrowRed Said.
That Would Be A Very Winnable Tie Like Welling And We Could Then Dream Of A 4Th Qualifying Tie Against The Old “Enemy”Wealdstone Pray God At Earlsmead!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/9/2021 17:16Sun Sep 19 17:16:37 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 913

Wealdstone would thrash us 5-0 amd we would never hear the end of it.

By Terrance19/9/2021 17:28Sun Sep 19 17:28:00 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1144

Yes HarrowRed The Way We Played In The Past With The Short Passing Game Etc Wealdstone Would Have Beaten Us.
But Not Now We Are Playing A More Direct And Physical Game.
The Reporter In The Non League Paper Today In His Report Noted Of Our High Press Game.
Let’s Get This Right.
Wealdstone Are A Struggling Conference Team And Believe Me They Wouldn’t Fancy Playing Us In An FA Cup 4Th Qualifying Tie At Earlsmead When All The Pressure Would Be On Them And We Would Have Nothing To Lose.
I Think We Would Beat Them 2-1 On Current Form.
Wealdstone Are An Average Team With Average Players Thats The Truth.

By cappers19/9/2021 17:11Sun Sep 19 17:11:16 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1016

I'd quite like another draw against a National League South team. I'm not sure how strong that division is at the moment. I see that a fair few National league south teams lost to lower league opposition. Welling to us, Oxford City to Frome two divs below, Tonbridge were thrashed 5-0 by Hayes. Slough lost to Whitehawk two divs below and Dulwich lost to Bedfont from two divs below.

Billericay only have one point in that division so Billericay away would be my 'dream' draw.

By Terrance19/9/2021 17:20Sun Sep 19 17:20:12 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1018

Thank You Cappers For Those Thoughts.
I’ve Had A Few Issues With Fans From Essex In The Past.
Grays Athletic Springs To Mind!
But I Would Take Billericay At Home And Be Confident We Would Knock Them Out Of The FA Cup.
I’ve A Feeling It’s Going To Be Bedfont Sports Or Aylesbury United As HarrowRed Said.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/9/2021 17:35Sun Sep 19 17:35:03 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1156

I’m also going to throw out Hastings United. The last two rounds they have been away to Harefield and Broadfields. The draw might send them this way once more

By Terrance19/9/2021 17:42Sun Sep 19 17:42:55 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 989

Yes Possibly Hastings, HarrowRed.
They Say Things Come In 3s!!!
That Would Be A Very Winnable Tie Also!
I Keep Saying That!
If You Go To London Football On Twitter Hopefully They Will Do AsThey Did With The Last Rounds Draw And Relay The Draw From 1pm Live On Monday With 5 Matches At A Time.

By Terrance19/9/2021 18:42Sun Sep 19 18:42:47 2021In response to Re: Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1170

Just Noticed That Norwich Utd Are In The 3rd Qualifying Round Draw From The Eastern Counties League!
I Recently Watched A Tour Of Norwich On You Tube!
I’m Wondering Now If This Is Fete Somehow And We Are Destined For A Trip To East Anglia!

By The Majors Hat19/9/2021 16:56Sun Sep 19 16:56:29 2021In response to Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 1053

It has to be away to Jersey Bulls if they win their replay.
We seem to play better away from home and we couldn't get much further than Jersey.
Great away weekend possibilities if you're double jabbed.

By TOWN COLOURS19/9/2021 16:54Sun Sep 19 16:54:15 2021In response to Who Do We Want In Next Round!Top of thread

Views: 986

I was thinking of Marlow Terrance. Then i looked at their league position only to note they had not conceded a goal.
I suppose any team still left in the draw will be difficult. Bedfont Sports? Probable a reasonable draw on paper although they will be more than confident after outing Dulwich. I personally prefer an away tie to a team without a plastic pitch.

Previous thread: Jimmy Greaves A Great Player. by Terrance19/9/2021 12:38Sun Sep 19 12:38:56 2021view thread