Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx WandererYesterday 13:00Yesterday at 13:00:01view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ground Hoppers! by Terrance10/10/2021 18:25Sun Oct 10 18:25:40 2021view thread

The “Highlights!”

By Terrance10/10/2021 12:25Sun Oct 10 12:25:56 2021

Views: 737

Of Course Watching Around 4Minutes Video On You Tube Can Know Way Tell The Full Story Of Yesterday’s Game Down At Plymouth.
Our Goal Was Absolutely Excellent From Frank Keita.
A Fine Goal At Any Level Of Football.
Truro’s Equaliser It Looks A Foul On Imran Uche By The Goalscorer,A Nudge In The Back As He Won The Header But I’m Afraid The Cross Should Have Been Stopped.
If It Means Going In Shoulder To Shoulder With The Truro Player To Stop The The Ball Going In The Box And Giving A Free Kick Away
So Be It.
You Then Defend The Free Kick And Still Have A 1-0 Lead.
Our “Goal” Disallowed,Well To My Mind Should Have Stood.
The Balls There To Be Won At The Back Post And Its A Contact Sport And I’m Afraid The Ref Got That One Wrong!
The Truro Winner Does Have An Element Of Fortune About It But There’s Far Too Much Room For The Cross.
For Both Of Truro’s Goals We Haven’t Been Tight At Defending But We Certainly Deserved A Draw!
Other Forum Members Any More Views Please.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: The “Highlights!”

By Earlsmead part-timer10/10/2021 14:01Sun Oct 10 14:01:13 2021In response to The “Highlights!”Top of thread

Views: 426

First of all fair play to those fans who travelled to Plymouth.

Yep the second goal was disappointing from a Boro point of view.
No doubt the players will be gutted that the ball wasn't cleared properly and Truro managed to recycle it in to score.

Agree disallowing our "second goal" looks harsh to me.

Hopefully the players can go into the FA Cup game and the game on Tuesday with the same determination confidence they have displayed over the last few weeks and get the results we all desire, they are certainly capable of doing that.

As for yesterday, perhaps sometimes it's just not your day.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)10/10/2021 14:08Sun Oct 10 14:08:09 2021In response to Re: The “Highlights!”Top of thread

Views: 475

I agree, you can be on a good run and have a defeat and bounce back straight away. We need to make sure we don’t lose on Tuesday night and go into the Chelmsford game on a positive note with confidence still relatively high. A trip to Truro is never easy and a narrow defeat where we had a goal disallowed is nothing to be worried about.

By Terrance10/10/2021 14:38Sun Oct 10 14:38:41 2021In response to Re: The “Highlights!”Top of thread

Views: 587

Thank You HarrowRed.
Yes Agreed Always Tough Playing A Game That Distance Away From Home And On Another Day We Would Have Got A Draw.
I’m Very Confident About This Coming Week.
Beaconsfield Are No Great Shakes And l Would Expect Us To Beat Them And Then Obviously The Big Match Against Chelmsford Next Saturday,I Think Playing At Earlsmead Will Be A Big Advantage In Front Of A Decent Size Crowd Hopefully!
But The Lesson To Learn From Yesterday Is Close Opponents Down And If You Need To Give A Free Kick Away To Prevent A Goal Then Do So.

By Terrance10/10/2021 14:07Sun Oct 10 14:07:11 2021In response to Re: The “Highlights!”Top of thread

Views: 503

Cheers For That Reply Earlsmead Part Timer.
I Totally Agree With You About Our Fans Making That Long Journey And Back To Plymouth.
The Time Involved Travelling Not To Mention The Cost Involved.
They Are A Very Great Credit To Our Club.
It Should Have Been A Draw But As You Say It May Have Been One Of Those Days!
At Least Northwood Won!

Previous thread: Truro 2 Harrow Borough 1 by Terrance9/10/2021 18:43Sat Oct 9 18:43:00 2021view thread