Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx WandererYesterday 13:00Yesterday at 13:00:01view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Portsmouth Away A Dream Draw!!! by Terrance17/10/2021 14:05Sun Oct 17 14:05:05 2021view thread

Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2

By Terrance16/10/2021 18:22Sat Oct 16 18:22:53 2021

Views: 1009

This Great Win Is Up There With The Best I’ve Seen At Borough In All My Years Of Supporting Since I Saw My First Game With Dad In 1975.
For The First 30Mins It Was Mostly Honours Even And Then A Great Strike From James Ewington Gave us The Lead 10 Mins Before The Break.
We Then Allowed Chelmsford To Score 2 Goals In 3 Minutes Before Half Time.
Their First Goal We Allowed Their Player To Run 30 Yards With The Ball And It Was A Good Cross And Finish.
But He Should Have Been Stopped.
Some Will Call It “The Dark Arts” But Best To Give A Foul Away And Defend A Free Kick.
Their 2nd Goal We Lose Ball From A Throw In On Halfway Which We Throw Infield,When If Went Down The Line There’s No Danger Of Losing Ball In A Bad Area,
From The Possession Chelmsford Get A Corner Which They Score From.
But The Most Important Thing Is This That This Set Of Players And Management Never Accept Defeat And Know How To Win.
There Was An Element Of Fortune About The Penalty Equaliser On 63 Mins Which James Ewington Expertly Put Away With It Looking Ball To Hand,But The Key Thing Is We Got The Ball In The Box And Deserved Any Luck Going.
That Man Ewington Again On 66mins Chasing A Good Ball Down The Channel And Finishing Into A Empty Net After A Bad Misjudgement By The Chelmsford Keeper.
Imran Uche Scoring Our 4Th To Wrap Up A Great Comeback Win!
Man Of The Match All The Players Really But If l Had To Choose One Then It Would Be Shaun Preddie Who Again Was Absolutely Immense With His Reading Of The Game And Showing His Leadership Skills When The Going Was Tough When We Were 2-1 Down And On The Ropes Early In The 2nd Half.
So Very Well Done To Shaun And All Our Excellent Players And Management For That Truly Superb Win!

Edited by Terrance at 18:41:08 on 16th October 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2

By cappers16/10/2021 19:55Sat Oct 16 19:55:24 2021In response to Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 864

We've done it! So happy to be in the 1st Round of the FA Cup! It's what dreams are made of! I'm already thinking about drawing Liverpool at home in the 3rd round! Well done to Steve Baker and all the team!

I'm not sure what our full history is in the FA Cup but since my days supporting The Boro, we've been in the 1st round three times. I remember losing 3-0 to Wycombe, losing 2-0 to Chesterfield and more recently 6-0 to Northampton. A goal would be nice this time around!

I really want us to progress, so my dream draw is Bowers & Pitsea at home!

By Terrance16/10/2021 20:05Sat Oct 16 20:05:47 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 964

Cheers Cappers As Always.
Liverpool At Anfield In Round 3 Wow!
Bowers & Pitsea Have Knocked Out The Once “Mighty”Aldershot Today
But If I’m Honest I Would Like lpswich As l Have A Lot Of Respect For The People Of Suffolk.
Furtherest We Ever Got In FA Cup Was 2nd Round When We Lost 3-1 At Home To Newport County During Our Glory Years Of The Early To Mid Eighties!

By Earlsmead part-timer16/10/2021 18:57Sat Oct 16 18:57:10 2021In response to Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 936

Yes a fantastic win and well worth me coming up from darkest Dorset to see a historic win!
These players have written themselves into Borough folklore!
Throughly deserved win. I must keep backing them to lose.
Disagree with you on the penalty though, it was nailed on and the ref had no choice but to gixe it.

Sunderland away please in the next round!

By Terrance16/10/2021 19:07Sat Oct 16 19:07:03 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 1011

Cheers Earlsmead Part Timer Wishing You A Good Trip Back To Darkest Deepest Dorset.
I Will Take Your Word For The Pen.
I’m On Halfway Next To The Main Stand So Not The Clearest Views.
But As I Mentioned Get The Ball In Good Areas And Take What Your Given.
Both Teams Must Be Congratulated For Such An Entertaining Match Played In Mostly A Good Spirit.
As For The 1st Round I Would Love Ipswich Town The “Tractor Boys”Home Or Away That Really Would Be A Dream Tie.
But I’ve A Feeling Maybe Charlton At Earlsmead Is A Coming!!!
Other Forum Members Who Would Be Your Dream FA Cup 1st Round Tie.
Please Say!!!
The Draw Live ITV At 1 Pm Tomorrow and We Are Ball 70!!!

Edited by Terrance at 19:07:24 on 16th October 2021

By harrowred (RedHarrow)16/10/2021 19:49Sat Oct 16 19:49:12 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 1008

I have to say that was a fantastic performance. Bar the last 10 minutes of the first half, we were outstanding. I thought we controlled the game in the first half and deserved our lead. Unfortunately it looked like we became really nervous taking the lead and fell apart. Once we had levelled in the second half, we again looked the better side.

Everyone played superbly and it’s hard to pick a man of the match. I think I’ll go for Steve Baker. Let’s back it up with a win at Kings Langley on Tuesday.

I’m sure the players would like to play at a good stadium against a big team but I’d like a league team at home. Portsmouth for me please!

By Terrance16/10/2021 19:55Sat Oct 16 19:55:02 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 1022

Cheers HarrowRed.
Steve And His Management Staff Deserve Massive Credit For The Gameplan Today And The Players For Carrying It Out.
Getting The Ball In Good Areas And Showing That Fierce Determination To Win!
Showing Bottle And Character When 2-1 Down And Up Against The Ropes Early In The 2nd Half.
Pompey At Home Would Be A Great Draw At “Fortress Earlsmead”

By cappers16/10/2021 20:26Sat Oct 16 20:26:02 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 1000

I was just looking at the match report from our 1st Round match against Ramsgate.

"A new-found slickness, vibrancy and high-tempo carried Harrow through a tough-looking First Qualifying Round tie that most supporters, this one included, thought was most likely going to end in an immediate dismissal from the competition. Instead, everyone at The Rogers Family Stadium will be looking to Monday’s draw with high interest."

It's amazing how things can change. There was no real optimism going into that Ramsgate match and now look at us. Top half of the league and more importantly in the 1st Round of the FA Cup!!!!!! I love it!!!!

By Terrance16/10/2021 20:51Sat Oct 16 20:51:24 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 816

We Are Loving It Cappers!
But We Need To Go Back To That 4-0 Humbling By Poole Town At Earlsmead At The End Of August.
I’m Pretty Sure That “Never Again” Was Said By Management And Players.
Now We Are Keeping Things Simple.
Playing The Game At A High Tempo And Fairly Direct!
Doing The Basics Of Passing,Shooting, Tackling And Crossing!
Put That Together With Hard Work And Dedication To Win And You See A Result Like Today And The Previous 2 Months!
So Whoever We Draw Tomorrow My Message Is Clear.
We Fear No One Home Or Away!!!

Edited by Terrance at 20:52:55 on 16th October 2021
Edited by Terrance at 21:00:52 on 16th October 2021

By TOWN COLOURS16/10/2021 20:25Sat Oct 16 20:25:03 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 1211

Outstanding performance today just a few jitters after going 1 up. Great cross from James Taylor and wonderful volley from James E for our first goal. Players just kept going despite going 2-1 down and looked the fitter team at the end of the game. Well done James E with the 3 goals he scored . He along with the whole team will no doubt be celebrating and looking forward to the draw tomorrow. Personally I would like a team around the same standard as us as it gives the club a chance of earning much needed funds and equaling the furthest round we have played in history wise. The only team I definitely don't want is Dagenham and Redbridge as we would need to go and get a replacement keeper. Since Joshua has joined us on loan the defence has shown a marked improvement. Impossible to choose a MOM for me.

By Terrance16/10/2021 20:31Sat Oct 16 20:31:39 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 950

Thanks Dave Town Colours As Always My Friend.
Really To Be Honest The Way We Are Playing At The Moment We Fear No One At “Fortress Earlsmead”
I’m A Bit Greedy l Want A League Team If At All Possible At Home!
Josh Has Been Absolutely Outstanding For Us In Goal And I Have No Doubt One Day He Will Play In The Football League.
He Really Is An Outstanding Goalie!

By Middx Wanderer16/10/2021 21:26Sat Oct 16 21:26:45 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 897

Anyone in the club house after the game will understand what it ment to players officials & supporters when James Ewington was presented with the match ball.
Brilliant . Long may it last!

Not mention an attacking midfielder pick pocketing the chairman & taking a photo of him with his phone !

By Terrance16/10/2021 21:29Sat Oct 16 21:29:17 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 884

That’s Wonderful To Hear Alan Middlesex Wanderer.
Nothing Succeeds Likes Success As The Saying Goes!
All Eyes On That Draw At 1 pm Tomorrow!!!

By geemickey16/10/2021 22:12Sat Oct 16 22:12:55 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 951

I'm only an occasional visitor to Earlsmead but without doubt today's game was the most exciting I've seen there.

A goal up, level, a goal down, level, a goal up - and then joy of joys, two goals up and the result was safe.

Congratulations to all concerned !
Set aside 'match balls' and 'man of the match' awards - this was a superb team effort and all played their part.

Clarets fans may be disappointed with their team's performance but they are being harsh.
They weren't that bad - it was just that Borough were very good today and took their chances so well.

Borough deserve an attractive draw in the first round, Let's hope they get one !

By harrowred (RedHarrow)16/10/2021 22:44Sat Oct 16 22:44:45 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 954

Thanks Geemickey. A good result for Chesham today too. Glad you enjoyed. It certainly was an exciting game. Crowd of 341.

By cappers16/10/2021 22:39Sat Oct 16 22:39:18 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 922

geemickey, you mention there about Clarets fans shouldn't be too disappointed with their performance, well they are not a happy bunch on their forum. It was the exact same on the Welling forum after we knocked them out. Players from Welling and now today from Chelmsford have come out on Twitter apologising for their diabolical performances. Maybe they just need to accept they came up against a good inform Harrow Borough team with a prolific striker!

My heart bleeds for Wealdstone who played against ten men from the 2nd minute but still lost! Such a shame! :)

Taking Defeat With Grace.

By Terrance16/10/2021 23:20Sat Oct 16 23:20:29 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 954

All Players And Fans Must Always Give Credit To Their Opponents When They Are Beaten.
We Saw It With Welling And Farnborough Who A Minority Of Fans Couldn’t Handle Defeat And Now With Chelmsford Also.
When We Recently Lost At Truro I Said Well Played To Truro For Their Win.
We Play It Hard And Fair At Borough And Thats Why We Are In The FA Cup 1st Round!

Edited by Terrance at 23:29:17 on 16th October 2021
Edited by Terrance at 23:29:59 on 16th October 2021

By geemickey16/10/2021 22:50Sat Oct 16 22:50:08 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 839

That's right Cappers - it's such a shame we won't draw them at home in the 1st round proper either !

Never mind, home to Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Wycombe, Portsmouth or Ipswich (to keep Terrance happy) would be OK. Those games would fill the ground and be possible lucrative TV games.

What we don't want is away to Hayes & Yeading or Bowers & Pitsea !!!!!

By Terrance16/10/2021 23:02Sat Oct 16 23:02:17 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 1030

Agreed Gee-Mickey.
We Deserve A “Glamour” Tie Against A Big Name Of League 1!
My Top Five Would Be!
1 Ipswich Town
2 Portsmouth
3 Charlton Athletic
4 Gillingham
5 Wycombe Wanderers.
Home If Poss But Certainly All Within Easy Travelling Distance If Away.
But To Me Ipswich Would Be My Ideal Draw!

By Earlsmead part-timer16/10/2021 22:57Sat Oct 16 22:57:43 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 1007

Oh yes Cappers !, I forgot that lot who play in the wrong Borough , hilarious!

Falling at the first hurdle YET AGAIN !

Oh deary me how sad . . . . Never mind !

By Terrance16/10/2021 22:21Sat Oct 16 22:21:04 2021In response to Re: Harrow Borough 4 Chelmsford 2Top of thread

Views: 917

Thanks As Always Gee-Mickey For Your Kind Words From Cheerful Chesham!
Yes We Were Good In The Character And Football Ability Stakes And I’m Praying God Tonight A Home Draw At ”Fortress Earlsmead” Against Any League Team!
I’m Glad You Enjoyed Your Visit My Friend.

Previous thread: Who Do We Want!!! by Terrance16/10/2021 19:39Sat Oct 16 19:39:34 2021view thread