Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: GBFC 1 HBFC 0 by Middx WandererYesterday 22:45Yesterday at 22:45:28view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kings Langley 0-2 Harrow Borough by cappers19/10/2021 22:06Tue Oct 19 22:06:19 2021view thread

Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match Preview

By Terrance19/10/2021 09:41Tue Oct 19 09:41:34 2021

Views: 769

With All The Euphoria Of Saturdays Great Comeback Win Against Chelmsford And That Dream Draw Away To Portsmouth In The FA Cup,It’s Back To Earth With A Bang When We Take On Kings Langley In The League This Evening!
Nice Part Of The World Hertfordshire And This Is The First Time I Will Be Visiting Kings Langley.
We Are Even Money Favourites With The Bookmakers To Win This Against A Kings Langley Side With Just 1 Win In 12 League Games And Only 8 League Goals!
The Vital Thing Tonight Is For All Of Us Fans,Players And Management Not To Think We Are Just Going To Turn Up And Collect 3 Points.
As We Saw With The Results Saturday In The FA Cup There Are No Easy Games Anymore And The Standard Of Non League Football In My View Has Never Been Higher.
So We Need To Stick To The Basics Of Playing At A High Tempo With Intensity And Just Keep Doing The Basics Well.
Getting Stuck In And Making Sure Kings Langley Know We Mean Business From The First Whistle.
If We Do That That We Do Have Better Players Man For Man But I’m Expecting A Close Game Despite Kings Langley Poor Record.
So lm Sticking To My Old Favourite Of 2-1 To Borough.
Please Other Forum Members Feel Free To Give Your Scorelines For Tonight’s Game In Deepest Hertfordshire!
As Ever!
Come On You Reds!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match Preview

By cappers19/10/2021 09:50Tue Oct 19 09:50:52 2021In response to Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 688

That's a very conservative score prediction from you Terry. Confidence is sky high at the moment. so we really should be winning this one. I just hope the players are focussed. I'm going for a 1-3 away win.

By Terrance19/10/2021 09:56Tue Oct 19 09:56:03 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 805

I’m Just Basing 2-1 To Borough On Kings Langley Recent Game l Saw On You Tube Cappers,When They Lost Narrowly To Met Police By A Late Goal.
But Thanks For Your 3-1 Scoreline To Borough.
I’m Sure We Would All Take That!
Please Keep The Scores Coming Forum Members!

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)19/10/2021 10:27Tue Oct 19 10:27:58 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 713

Sadly I will not be at the match tonight, but wish the players well. My score Prediction is a simple 4-0 win. Kings langley sit bottom of the division for a reason. Having only beaten swimming poole fc its understandable why I'd be confident, they too have lost to the pub team that is yate town. Come on lads...

By Terrance19/10/2021 10:32Tue Oct 19 10:32:26 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 808

Cheers Ash Boro Loyal For That Confident 4-0 To Borough Scoreline.As
Always I Appreciate Your Optimism But l I Think It Could Be Closer!
So Cappers Says 3-1,Ash Boro Loyal 4-0 And My Goodself 2-1 All To Borough!!’
Please Keep The Scores A Coming!!!

By TOWN COLOURS19/10/2021 10:26Tue Oct 19 10:26:50 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 718

Agree Terry - the team must remain focused.
I would be surprised if the players were not thinking more about Portsmouth than any other match prior to the next round . It is up to Steve Baker to keep them focused and I am sure he will be doing his best . Easier said than done of course. With the players high in confidence and assuming Steve keeps them focused I will go 2-0 Boro.

By Terrance19/10/2021 10:40Tue Oct 19 10:40:42 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 804

Yes Thanks Dave Town Colours.
That’s What l Was Trying To Say In The Preview Which Was The Liverpool Boot Room Saying Of 70s/80s Of “One Game At A Time”
The First Thing Steve Baker Must Do As You Rightly Say Is Keep The Players Feet On The Ground And Focus On Getting 3Points At Kings Langley.
To Me That Means Playing The Best Team Available And Certainly Not Rotating Players.
Portsmouth On 6th Of November Take That When It Comes.
But There’s To Be Not Let Up In Intensity Or The Fierce Determination To Win!!!
2-0 To Borough Thats Sounds Good!!!
Every Scoreline A Borough Win So Far!!!

By TOWN COLOURS19/10/2021 11:02Tue Oct 19 11:02:02 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 650

The team should mainly focus on the play offs as a minimum Terry. The last time we got to the first round the team lost focus . No doubt Steve Baker will use that experience in planning the way forward. The FA Cup is really just a distraction although it has certainly helped once again with finances. Long may that continue.

By Earlsmead part-timer19/10/2021 13:23Tue Oct 19 13:23:17 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 655

Agree with that Town Colours, we all remember what happened at the end of that season after the FA Cup run. (shudders) and Steve B will no doubt have in mind how that season completely unraveled and know how to to remedy it, if it does.

Presumably all the players in the next couple of weeks will be itching to prove themselves to get a start for the Portsmouth game so even I'm backing us to win this one, Kings Langley. ( no after the Lord Mayor's Show here please !)

But I think the difference so far this season (and I appreciate all the squad have upped their game) definitely is James Ewington and Josh in goal, both have been brilliant, and what I've seen of Imran, he's been a good signing to.
The club did really well getting James E to come to Harrow, every club who succeeds
needs someone like him to bang the goals in.
If all three remain fit and available to play we will be OK and do well I reckon.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 13:27:33 on 19th October 2021

By cappers19/10/2021 16:28Tue Oct 19 16:28:58 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 832

I only found out recently that Imran Uche is only on loan to us from Hampton & Richmond. As someone who doesn't go to games due to my location, some things pass me by. I guess this was common knowledge though.

James Ewington has been a fantastic signing. I'm still scratching my head as to how we managed to sign a proven goalscorer at this level. Credit to the club for signing him!

By Terrance19/10/2021 11:09Tue Oct 19 11:09:50 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 644

Yes Fully Agree Dave My Friend.
I Always Say Top 10 In The League And A Good Cup Run!
Well Got Half Of That Done!
But The Key To All Successful Sides Is That Will To Win At All Costs.
So Tonight’s A Very Good Test.
We Are Even Money Favourites Even Though We Are The Away Side.
The Bookmakers Expect Us To Win!
So The Players Must Not Let Up In Any Way,Keep Doing The Basics Well And As We Saw Saturday Get The Ball In Good Areas And Yes There Was Some Fortune With The Pen And The Third Goal But We Deserved It For Playing A Good Direct Style And Showing Character And Bottle To Win The Match!

By TOWN COLOURS19/10/2021 11:30Tue Oct 19 11:30:55 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 740

Agree the third goal had a tinge of luck but James E put uncertainty into the keepers head. Looking at the slow motion of the penalty incident it looked nailed on to me. Luckily the ref was well placed to see it. Those sort of penalties are given week in week out in the Premiership with their VAR.

By Terrance19/10/2021 11:42Tue Oct 19 11:42:39 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 635

Yes The Third It’s That Good Ball Down The Channel lm Always Urging From Half Way.
Get The Ball In Good Areas And Anything Can Happen!
Yes l See What Your Saying About The Pen And The “Modern”Interpretation With VAR If The Ball Strikes Hand Or Shoulder Its Given.
In The “Old Days”There Had To Be Intent Meaning The Hand Going To The Ball.
I’ve Seen The Highlights 10 Times!!!
I Still Think We Were Fortunate As The Chelmsford Player Looks To Be Taking His Hand Away As The Ball Strikes.
But As l Said In The Match Report That We Got The Ball In Early To The Penalty Area And Deserve Anything We Are Given.
Thank God We Don’t Have VAR In The Southern League With Some Of Our Refs!!!

By cappers19/10/2021 11:52Tue Oct 19 11:52:00 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 669

I thought the penalty was harsh but we've had some terrible decisions go against us in the south west of England over the past few years, so nice to get a decision in our favour for once!

By Terrance19/10/2021 12:00Tue Oct 19 12:00:06 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 674

Hello Cappers l Agree With You We Got Lucky With The Pen And It No Doubt Changed The Game.
With Our “Old Style” Of Playing Which Was Endless Short Passes Going Nowhere, The Ball Wouldn’t Have Even Made The Box!
But Playing This Good Direct Game Now Fortune Is Smiling Upon Us,As Well As A Lot Of Skill And Hard Work Also!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)19/10/2021 16:33Tue Oct 19 16:33:46 2021In response to Re: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match PreviewTop of thread

Views: 652

I thought the penalty was harsh but on the slow mo replay it definitely is handball. Whether the player could do anything about It and whether the rules currently mean it’s a penalty is another thing altogether.

I agree with the earlier post that Strizovic, Uche and Ewington are key players. They’ve really added quality to the team. It’s a shame that Uche and Strizovic could go back to their parent clubs mid season and leave us struggling. Leo Donellan has been playing really well in this spell with the club.

As for tonight, I hope the players realise this is a good chance to earn places for the cup match. I’ll go for 2-1 Boro. KL lost 4-1 at the weekend but they did have their goalie sent off in the second minute and no sun goalie available.

I read in the programme the other day that Tricker is 3 weeks away from fitness with Biler a month away. I wonder if both will speed up their rehab so they have a chance of making that squad. Anthony O’Connor has also joined Southall on a dual registration to get match fit.

Previous thread: We Deserve A Great Draw!!! by Terrance17/10/2021 07:12Sun Oct 17 07:12:13 2021view thread