Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Hammered in South Wales by Middx WandererToday 06:28Today at 06:28:46view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Portsmouth match by Borofan20/10/2021 19:28Wed Oct 20 19:28:59 2021view thread

Portsmouth In Total Crisis!

By Terrance20/10/2021 00:07Wed Oct 20 00:07:24 2021

Views: 1111

For The Second Game In A Row,4Goals Have Gone Into The Portsmouth Net.
First It Was Rotherham And Now The Tractor Boys Of Ipswich.
In The Club Bar At Kings Langley Before The Match This Evening There Was Only One Topic And That Was Portsmouth!
Danny Cowley Is A Capable Manager Who Had A Excellent Record At Lincoln So As FarAs I’m Concerned It’s The Portsmouth Players Fault Who Have Now Twice Thrown In The Towel When They Have Been Beaten.
They Have Shown A Complete Lack Of Fight And Bottle In My View.
I’m More Convinced Now Than Ever That We Are Going To Go Fratton Park On Saturday 6th November And Knock Portsmouth Out Of The FA Cup.
Their Fans Must Be Very Worried Now That We Are Going To Get The Greatest Win In Our Great Clubs History.

Edited by Terrance at 00:08:20 on 20th October 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!

By TOWN COLOURS20/10/2021 01:18Wed Oct 20 01:18:03 2021In response to Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 888

I think the Cowley's have inherited some poor players from the previous manager . In addition they have had to offload some of their better players to make ends meet. In addition to Lincoln City they also did well at Huddersfield Town when tasked with saving them from relegation. They did that and were then probably unfairly let go. Some of the Portsmouth fans are getting on Danny Cowley's back. I hope he does survive as he is a proven good manager.

By Terrance20/10/2021 06:35Wed Oct 20 06:35:52 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 973

Hello Dave Town Colours.l Agree What You Say About Danny Cowley.
He A Solid Hard Working Manager But I Get The Feeling The Pompey Fans Want a “Name” Manager.
As You Say Its Down To The Players Ultimately And With Yet Another Win Last Night At Kings Langley Im Sure Portsmouth Must Be Really Worried We Are Going To Beat Them!
We Know How To Win Thats A Precious Thing In Football.
With Every Passing Day My Confidence Increases That We Are Going To Pull Off Our Greatest Ever Result At Fratton Park On Saturday November 6Th.

By Earlsmead part-timer20/10/2021 12:03Wed Oct 20 12:03:03 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 974

I know you're "Mr Optimism" himself when it comes to Harrow Terry, I'm sure you would back us to beat the 1970 Brazil World Cup side given half the chance !!! ;)

But we all know even with their poor form Portsmouth are red hot favourites to win this game and nothing has changed that IMO.

We go into the game as massive underdogs, but we do have good players for our level of football and whatever happens , win , lose or draw I'm sure they will give a good account of themselves.

I'll be cheering them on all the way and predicting they will lose ! (it's a tradition now for me in every round of the FA Cup, I aint changing now ! ) but secretly I'll hoping they can pull of one of the biggest shocks of this season.
You never know . . . . .

C'mon the Boro !

By Terrance20/10/2021 13:05Wed Oct 20 13:05:20 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 908

Cheers Ash And Earlsmead Part Timer But One Crucial Thing That Must Be Remembered Is That We Know How To Win.
We Can Do It From The Front Or From Behind.
Yes Portsmouth Have A Big Support And Wonderful Stadium But That Counts For Nothing If The Players Arent Willing To Go Through That Proverbial “Brick Wall”
On The Evidence Of Their 2 Recent Games Not Many Are!
If We Can Hit Them Hard Early In Midfield With Some Robust Challenges And Get A Challenge In On Their Keeper From The First Corner,Really Show Them We Are Up For It And Crucially Get The First Goal Then You May See The Portsmouth Fans Turn Against The Team And The Players Fold Like Pack Of Cards!
I’m Saying To 2-1 To Borough And With Every Passing Day The More Confident We Should All Become.

Edited by Terrance at 13:06:03 on 20th October 2021

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)20/10/2021 12:31Wed Oct 20 12:31:19 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 867

Guys, Calm down. lets not get too ahead of ourselves. we may be the 'mighty' Harrow Borough but we have to respect our opponents. lets just stick the kettle on as we wait till we find out our second round draw...

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/10/2021 13:05Wed Oct 20 13:05:17 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 924

Terry’s optimism has been noted on the Portsmouth forum. I’m sure they will also note ash’s too when he predicts a 6-1 win for Boro by using our under 23s squad…

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Terrance20/10/2021 13:19Wed Oct 20 13:19:52 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 824

Hello HarrowRed.
They Are Not Calling Us “Minnows”Anymore On The Pompey Forums
And They Must Be Deeply Concerned Playing Against A Team That Has Won 10 Of Its Last 12 Matches.
This Is A Great Chance To Create History As There Will Never Be A Better Time To Play Portsmouth.
Whether Danny Cowley Goes Or Stays,The Portsmouth Players Look Very Limited In Both Defence And Attack And We Turn Midfield Into A Battle!
But A Great Tie This!
Everything To Gain And Nothing To Lose!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/10/2021 13:55Wed Oct 20 13:55:18 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 797

I’m not expecting a result at Fratton Park but if they continue their bad form and we continue to win, there will certainly be a confidence in the team and perhaps hope/optimism in the fans.

By Terrance20/10/2021 14:24Wed Oct 20 14:24:02 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 805

Hello HarrowRed.I’m Saying In All Honesty That We Are Going To Win 2-1 At Fratton Park On Saturday November 6th.
If We Can Stop Portsmouth Playing Their Passing Game They Haven’t Got A Plan”B” And They Are Very Poor Defensively.
Get Stuck In To Some Of Their “Stars” And See If They Fancy Taking On The Southern League Team Of The Month!!!

By The Earl of Smead20/10/2021 19:45Wed Oct 20 19:45:56 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 911

I admire the optimism being shown. But Portsmouth are a full time professional football club, who train and prepare to a high level. It’s clear to see they are sailing through stormy waters currently (see what I did there). The match against us though could be the ideal opportunity for them to bolster there low confidence. We are doing really well so far this season but this game will be a massive challenge played in an atmosphere that hopefully won’t cause our lads to freeze. Now living fairly near to Pompey I know how fervent there fans are, it will definitely be a noise level The Borough have never experienced before as players. Let’s not get to carried away guys. But it is nice to dream!!

By Terrance20/10/2021 19:58Wed Oct 20 19:58:46 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth In Total Crisis!Top of thread

Views: 882

Earl Of Smead Lovely To Have Your Views On Our Great Forum.
Portsmouth Train And Prepare To A High Level?
Well They Only Won 1 Of Their Last Ten Games And Conceded 4 Goals Each Against Rotherham And Ipswich In Their Last 2 Matches.
Beaten At Home By Cambridge Utd As Well, l Think You Can See Why We Are So Optimistic.
Let’s Get This Clear.
It’s Not A Storm It’s A Full Blown Crisis Portsmouth Are Facing Just 4 Points Above The Relegation Zone And Having To Face Us With Everything To Lose And Nothing To Gain
Our Players Will Handle The Atmosphere At Fratton Park With No Problems.
They Are Determined Along With Us Fans And Our Management Team To Knock Portsmouth Out Of The FA Cup On Saturday 6th November.

Edited by Terrance at 20:00:28 on 20th October 2021
Edited by Terrance at 20:01:15 on 20th October 2021

Previous thread: Kings Langley 0-2 Harrow Borough by cappers19/10/2021 22:06Tue Oct 19 22:06:19 2021view thread