Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Hammered in South Wales by Middx WandererToday 06:28Today at 06:28:46view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The Basics!!! by Terrance25/10/2021 16:30Mon Oct 25 16:30:35 2021view thread

Forum Views!

By Terrance21/10/2021 21:58Thu Oct 21 21:58:25 2021

Views: 946

Just Had The Pleasure Of Reading Some Of Portsmouth Fans Views On The Pompey Chimes Message Board For Our Big Cup Tie With Them!
Yes We Are Very Confident Given Our Teams Excellent Form And Portsmouth Being In A Complete Crisis.
As Was Correctly Written To Visit Such An Iconic Ground As Fratton Park And Play A Club With Such A History Of Portsmouth Is A Dream Come True For All Of Us At Harrow Borough.
But Comments That We Are “Real Minnows” And Portsmouth Would Rather Play Us Than a League Team Are Way Off The Mark.
Reallly l Don’t Think So,When Portsmouth Have Nothing To Gain And Everything To Lose!
Also It Certainly Won’t Be 7-0 To Portsmouth As One “Prediction” Was Given!
But The Message From Us Fans,Players And Management Is “Bring It On” For Saturday 6th November At 3pm!

Edited by Terrance at 22:02:08 on 21st October 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Forum Views!

By Earlsmead part-timer21/10/2021 22:48Thu Oct 21 22:48:17 2021In response to Forum Views!Top of thread

Views: 772

You might be very confident Terry but I'm not, and most Boro fans I've spoken to are certainly not expecting us to win.

Of course I respect and you are entitled to your opinion
But I think your winding things up here a little bit!

I'll be cheering the lads on of course but Pompey are red hot favourites to win this and we have but an outsiders chance.

By Terrance21/10/2021 22:58Thu Oct 21 22:58:05 2021In response to Re: Forum Views!Top of thread

Views: 942

Respect Your View Earlsmead Part Timer As Always.
Some Facts!
Portsmouth Have Won 1 Of Their Last 10 Matches.
Conceded 8 Goals In Their Last 2 Games.
Beaten At Fratton Park By Cambridge Utd!!!
We Have Won 10 Out Of Our Last 12 Matches!
Named Southern Premier Team Of The Month!!!
Portsmouth Hot Favourites,Sorry Earlsmead Part Timer I Just Cant See That Certainly Not On The Form Book And I Do Like A Bet!
The Key To Winning This Match Is “Self Belief”
The Truth Is Portsmouth Are A Very Limited Side Under Massive Pressure And There Will Never Be A Better Time To Play Them!!!

By Earlsmead part-timer21/10/2021 23:08Thu Oct 21 23:08:09 2021In response to Re: Forum Views!Top of thread

Views: 841

Well it will be interesting to see what odds the bookies are giving - (isn't that your territory Terry ?)
But I guess we will only know come 5pm 6th November.

By Terrance21/10/2021 23:13Thu Oct 21 23:13:46 2021In response to Re: Forum Views!Top of thread

Views: 803

I Can Say Unofficially And I’m Not Condoning People Bet On The Forum. That A Friend l Know In The Bookmaking World Said It Would Be Portsmouth 4/9 Draw 7/2 Harrow Borough 13/2 If Odds Would Being Offered Now.
I Agree Earlsmead Part Timer That We Are Underdogs And Thats The Way We Want It!
No Pressure!
But It’s Massively Exciting This Match With Portsmouth!
I Can Think Of Little Else At The Moment!

Re: Attendance

By cappers21/10/2021 22:25Thu Oct 21 22:25:48 2021In response to Forum Views!Top of thread

Views: 745

I see you are getting vert excited Terry!

We usually have score predictions on this forum and perhaps we could have an attendance prediction as well nearer the time. As we know the bigger the attendance, the more money we make.

Their biggest home attendance this season was 17,418 against Sunderland and their lowest was 2,490 against Sutton in the EFL Trophy. I reckon the attendance for our match will be under 10,000.

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)22/10/2021 01:46Fri Oct 22 01:46:09 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 687

Very good shout Cappers!

Im going to go with 11,638 for our match. Portsmouth, like many clubs are robbing their fans. Ticket prices are way too high. At their current asking £24 they are very lucky to be getting what they do, more so considering they could sell it out at a reasonable price. This match should be no more than £15 for a adult... but hey, modern football at its finest. #FansNotCustomers

By Middx Wanderer22/10/2021 18:41Fri Oct 22 18:41:46 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 735

Portsmouth are going to go for the low price big crowd option.

Announcement as soon as all details are available

By Terrance22/10/2021 19:22Fri Oct 22 19:22:43 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 716

Thank You Alan Middlesex Wanderer.
Sounds Good Idea To Get As Many Fans As Poss In Fratton Park From Portsmouth.
We All On The Forum Look Forward To The Ticket Details When Available.

By Terrance22/10/2021 07:39Fri Oct 22 07:39:26 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 653

Totally Agree Ash Boro Loyal.
I’m Afraid Thats “Modern Football” For You Where It’s Starts With Clubs And Players And Agents And Tv Companies All Wanting A Slice Of The Fans Pie.
Be It Ticket Prices Or Replica Shirts The Professional Game As A Whole Need To Wake Up And Realise In These Hard Times With Rocketing Fuel
Bills And The Cost Of Food People Are Facing Some Real Hardship.
I’m Hopeful For Over 12,000 At Least And It Should Be A Great Atmosphere With The Pitch Being So Close To The Fans At Fabulous Fratton Park.

By Terrance21/10/2021 22:33Thu Oct 21 22:33:27 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 703

Cheers Cappers I’m Struggling To Sleep At Night With The Excitement!
I’m Going To Say Around 12,000 As l Would Anticipate Portsmouth Will Lower The Prices And They Have A Real Affinity With The FA Cup.
But There May Be Another Scenario That Could Guarantee A Near Full House.
If Danny Cowley Was To Lose His Job And The New Managers 1st Game In Charge Was Against Us Then That Would Make A Big Difference.
The Word Seems To Be If The Cowleys Are Sacked Then Chris Wilder Would Be A Very Strong Candidate To Be Manager.

By The Earl of Smead24/10/2021 12:19Sun Oct 24 12:19:58 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 581

Living amongst quite a few Pompey fans, the word is that it would cost too much to pay the Cowleys off.

By Terrance24/10/2021 12:30Sun Oct 24 12:30:09 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 696

Hello Earl Of Smead.Good To Have You On The Forum Again.
The Question I Would Ask Is This.
If Portsmouth Sack The Cowleys,Who Is Out There Better.
I Know Chris Wilders Name Has Been Doing The Rounds As A Potential Replacement But It Appears He’s A Hot Favourite For Cardiff City.
From What lve Seen From Danny Cowley On You Tube,He Looks A Very Good Technical Coach Who Can No Doubt Improve Players.
Has He Got The Presence To Give The “Hairdryer” Treatment To Under Performing Players That l Would Question The Earl Of Smead.

By The Earl of Smead24/10/2021 22:32Sun Oct 24 22:32:49 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 622

The Cowley brothers started there managerial/coaching career at Concord Rangers so I’m sure there have been a few rockets dished out. I’m not sure as you move up the slippery slope this is a particularly successful action anymore. From what I’m led to believe, Portsmouth have a few decent players but the majority are under performing average players. There American Chairman keeps a very tight grip on the purse strings and is more interested in developing the clubs infrastructure first. Having won the FA Cup not that long ago and being in the Premier league also, the fans want a quick return to previous glories. There fans will still be very partisan and get right behind there team. They are unbelievably noisy . Hopefully the team though won’t hit form until the weekend after playing The Borough!

By Terrance24/10/2021 23:05Sun Oct 24 23:05:08 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 699

Thanks Earl Of Smead For That Info On The Cowleys.
As l Said I Certainly Don’t Doubt Their Coaching Ability.
Good Point About Their Non League Background At Concord.
The Issue l Would Say Is This With Portsmouth.
They Have Just Won 1 In 11 Matches.
I Will Mention The So Called “Hairdryer” For This Reason.
There Must Be A Fear Of Losing In Any Team.
For Example Today At Old Trafford.
Would Man Utd Put That 1st Half “Performance” On When Alex Ferguson Was Manager.
I Think Not!
Players Jogging And Make Half Hearted Challenges For The Ball Would Not Be Accepted Under Alex’s Reign And Rightly So.
Borough Know How To Win Matches Through Character And Bottle When The Going Gets Tough And That Will Hold Us In Good Stead When We Go Down To Fantastic Fratton Park!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)22/10/2021 10:25Fri Oct 22 10:25:06 2021In response to Re: AttendanceTop of thread

Views: 654

Based on previous years that Portsmouth have been at home in the 1st and 2nd round of the cup, they have been attracting crowds of 7000-9000. I note last time they had a home game in the Fa cup 1st round, the ticket price was £15.

I’m going to say 5671 for the attendance.

Previous thread: The Crazy Gang!!! by Terrance24/10/2021 19:41Sun Oct 24 19:41:49 2021view thread