Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: End of Season Disaster. by Fulham red28/4 20:07Sun Apr 28 20:07:02 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 9 Subs!!! by Terrance2/11/2021 22:43Tue Nov 2 22:43:01 2021view thread

My Team To Beat Portsmouth

By Terrance1/11/2021 17:08Mon Nov 1 17:08:58 2021

Views: 983

This Is My Personal Opinion Only On Who l Would Go For In The Starting 11 v Portsmouth.
I Have No Inside Knowledge About Injuries Or Anything Else.
This Is Just A Fans View!
1 Josh Strizovic
2 Sam Adenola
3 Imran Uche
4 James Mansfield
5 Shaun Preddie (C)
6 Leo Donnellan
7 Lewis Cole
8 Frank Keita
9 James Ewington
10 George Moore
11 Dernell Wynter
Subs Micheal Bryan,James Taylor,Alfie Cain,Lee Pearce(G) Kunule Otudeko If Fit If Not Ayodeji Owoeye
Playing a 4-4-2 System.

Edited by Terrance at 17:15:22 on 1st November 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth

By harrowred (RedHarrow)1/11/2021 17:50Mon Nov 1 17:50:16 2021In response to My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 1135

Wow leaving out James Taylor for Lewis Cole and moving Uche to left back is a big call. Personally think we need Uche in midfield to be strong and break down opposition attacks. Bryan may suit this game more as it should be a good pitch and he’s good at retaining possession but Dernell Wynter is very much a threat.

However I think Steve will go with his most favoured lineup as of late which would mean Taylor and Bryan starting.

Terry we will also have 7 subs for this match

By Terrance1/11/2021 18:03Mon Nov 1 18:03:05 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 980

Cheers For Telling Me About The 7 Subs And Your Views As Always HarrowRed Very Much Appreciated.
It’s A Tough Call But My View Is This That We Need Physically Strong Players To Compete With Portsmouth.
James Taylor Is A Fine Player Who Has Scored Some Crucial Goals For Us But l Think Imran Uche Could Be A Better Bet There At Left Back To Physically To Stop Balls Going In The Box.
Micheal Bryan It’s A Tough Call But I Think Lewis Cole Has Got More Steel For A Match Like This And I Could See Him And Leo Giving Good Protection In That Crucial Central Area Which Is Vital That We Compete With Portsmouth For Possession Of The Ball And Protect The Back 4.
Dernell Wynter Deserves To Start With James Ewington Up Front.
He’s Big Physically And Can Unsettle Defenders And His Work Rate Saturday Was Exceptional.
I Will Add Anthony O’Connor Happily To The Subs!
Please Forum Members Your Views On The Team We Should Go With Saturday Be Appreciated This Dark Monday Evening!

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)1/11/2021 18:57Mon Nov 1 18:57:15 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 1004

My line up would be as follows, assuming there is no new injury concerns within this week. Going to pompey with a pacey and skilful 352 set up. Have a feeling my boy Ewy will put us up 1-0 in the 16th minute!

First 11 :
1) Josh Strizovic
2) James Mansfield
3) James Taylor
4) Imran Uche
5) George Moore
6) Lewis Cole
7) Alfie Cain
8) Micheal Bryan
9) Frank Kieta
10) James Ewington (C)
11) Dernell Wynter

Subs: Preddie, Adenola, Donnellan, DT ( Not playing, just for the experience), MCS, Connor , otudeko,

By Terrance1/11/2021 19:06Mon Nov 1 19:06:13 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 995

Wow Ash Shaun Preddie Not Starting!!!!
I Thought My Line Up Was Bold Till l Saw That!
I Can See Your Thinking With 3-5-2.
5 In Midfield To Stop Portsmouth And With You 100% That Dernell Wynter Must Start.
We Must Have Two Up Front.
Alfie Cain A Longshot Maybe Be He Does Read The Game Well.
That’s Excellent Ash Boro Loyal Thank You For Your Team.
Nice Touch About David Taylor Too.
Any Other Views On The Possible Team Very Welcome!

Edited by Terrance at 19:06:51 on 1st November 2021

By Earlsmead part-timer1/11/2021 18:46Mon Nov 1 18:46:25 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 843

Yes they've all been playing well so SB has got a bit of a conundrum as to his strongest team.
But for me Imran definitely starts in midfield and I would start Michael as well as I think he will be given more time on the ball than he normally get's when he plays in non league games.

Just hope if George Moore or Imran Uche get anywhere near 25 - 35 yards out they have a shot on goal.

Again like Terry , I haven't got a clue about availability or injuries but if Kunle is fit I'd have him on the bench and bring him for at least half an hour .
Whatever happens hope the team give it a real good go, it's certainly a great stage to get yourself noticed for a player.

By Terrance1/11/2021 18:58Mon Nov 1 18:58:38 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 1046

Thanks Earlsmead Part Timer For Your View.
My Thinking Is We Need Physical Strength To Match Portsmouth And Get The Ball.
We Have To Honest On The Forum And Call As We See It Football Wise.
I Think Personally That Imran Would Be A Tougher Opponent At Left Back For Portsmouth To Play Against.
Portsmouth Like To Use Balls Down The Channels To Get Crosses In For Midfield Runners.I Think Imran Would Stop Them From That.
I’m Saying Lewis Cole Over Micheal Bryan Because He Can Go Hard In For The Ball And As We Saw At Welling Can Be A Danger When Given A Sight Of Goal.
Micheal Bryan Is A Very Gifted Player Who Like Anthony O’Connor Could Come On From Subs Bench If Needed And Turn The Match.
But From The Off If You Like Some “Dogs Of War” In Midfield To Stop Portsmouth Playing And Get Us Control Of The Game.
Looking At The Bench I Think We Have All Bases Covered And With A Winning Mentality I Can See Only One Result And Thats A Harrow Borough Win!

Edited by Terrance at 18:59:23 on 1st November 2021
Edited by Terrance at 19:09:27 on 1st November 2021

By Earlsmead part-timer1/11/2021 19:53Mon Nov 1 19:53:23 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 902

Yep, everybody's making good calls on team selection.
Will be interesting to see what line up Steve and the management team do go for on Saturday.
Whatever happens I just hope the lads give it a real good go, enjoy the day and try as much as they can to play their own game. After all for our level we have been playing some good football.
Portsmouth are the red hot favourites to win and we're the underdogs, but whatever happens we will be cheering them on all way.

By Terrance1/11/2021 20:04Mon Nov 1 20:04:53 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 1042

Yes Very Well Said Earlsmead Part Timer.
I Think Steve Baker Has A Tough Call With The Team Selection As We Have So Many Good Players.
I’ve Backed Borough At 15/1 And Some Bookmakers Have Us As Low As 10/1 Now! So Some “Shrewdies” Are Backing Us For An Upset!!!

By TOWN COLOURS2/11/2021 09:28Tue Nov 2 09:28:54 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 930

With a number of players left out last Saturday I don't think Steve Baker will be making his team selection based on the South Park match. Whilst we created lots of chances we only managed to get one goal. Thus I think Steve Baker will make his decision about the team for Portsmouth, probably ignoring the South Park match.
Steve obviously has a choice of players on a run of good form - a big headache for him team selection wise.
Especially if everyone is fit.

By Terrance2/11/2021 09:39Tue Nov 2 09:39:07 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 876

Cheers Dave Town Colours For Your Views.
Dernell Wynter Must Start Against Portsmouth,
I Know What You Saying About South Park But To Just Have James Ewington Up Front As A Lone Striker Would Be A Mistake.
4-4-2 And Take The Game To Portsmouth!

By TOWN COLOURS2/11/2021 10:39Tue Nov 2 10:39:37 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 785

We have been playing one striker up front most of the season. We scored 4 goals against Chelmsford playing that way in the last round.
The team are used to playing that way . I personally see no reason to change it - certainly to start the match .

By Terrance2/11/2021 10:44Tue Nov 2 10:44:53 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 996

Fair Enough Dave Town Colours But We Need Balls In The Box Against Portsmouth As They Are Vunerable To Crosses From Wide Areas.
Dernell Impresses Me With His Tracking Back As Well As His Ability Going Forward.
Go 4-4-2 And Take The Game To Portsmouth And We Have A Great Chance.

Edited by Terrance at 10:45:18 on 2nd November 2021

By TOWN COLOURS2/11/2021 11:08Tue Nov 2 11:08:39 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 1032

I suggest we agree to disagree on this Terrance. As I said we can always make changes to the formation during the match if needs be. Up to the manager to make the call of course.

By Terrance2/11/2021 11:28Tue Nov 2 11:28:02 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 881

Yes Cheers Dave That’s What This Great Forum Is About To Bounce Ideas About And Come Up With Some Ideas.
I Know One Thing That We Are Going To Fratton Park To Win!!!
Come On You Reds!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)2/11/2021 11:52Tue Nov 2 11:52:46 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 918

Strizovic
Adenola Preddie Mansfield Taylor
Bryan Donellan Uche Keita Moore
Ewington

Subs: Pearce, Tricker, Cain, Cole, Wynter, Oduteko, O’Connor.

If not fit, then Owoeye makes the bench ahead of Oduteko. I think Tricker may have a chance of being somewhat available for the bench. O’Connor hasn’t played for us much of late but is more impactful than Owoeye from what I’ve seen and has been improving match fitness with Southall.

By Terrance2/11/2021 11:56Tue Nov 2 11:56:38 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 923

Thank you Very Much For That Team HarrowRed.
That’s a Strong Line Up.

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)2/11/2021 13:14Tue Nov 2 13:14:06 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 893

With your excitement being so high for Portsmouth, will you be at your second team tonight terry? Wouldn't want you getting caught out cheering for Borough at the wrong ground.

By Terrance2/11/2021 13:39Tue Nov 2 13:39:22 2021In response to Re: My Team To Beat Portsmouth Top of thread

Views: 825

Hello Ash Boro Loyal.
Yes lm Going To Northwood For Their Match With Bracknell This Evening.
I Will Be Cheering On Northwood As They Need The Points!!!

Previous thread: “Everton’s Dogs Of War” by Terrance1/11/2021 19:23Mon Nov 1 19:23:06 2021view thread