Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Red card for the keeper or not? by The Earl of Smead8/11/2021 10:34Mon Nov 8 10:34:16 2021view thread

Heroes!!!

By Terrance6/11/2021 19:00Sat Nov 6 19:00:10 2021

Views: 1338

That’s The Best Way To Describe Harrow Borough Today At Fratton Park Portsmouth.
I Was Listening Intently To Radio Solents Commentary On Line And Have Seen 20mins Action On You Tube From a Portsmouth Cam Fan.
I Personally Would Have Gone 4-4-2 But We So Nearly Got a Replay With Georges Effort Near The End Where He Pulled That Chance Wide.
I Think The Portsmouth Keeper Got Lucky By Sliding Out Of The Area With The Ball Which The Ref Failed To Spot In The First Half.
In My View Thats A Red Card And He Should Have Been Sent Off!
The “Come On You Reds”Was Coming Through Nice And Clear Through The Commentary And Please Those At Fratton Park Please Give Your Thoughts For Those Like Me Not There!

Edited by Terrance at 19:00:43 on 6th November 2021
Edited by Terrance at 19:02:13 on 6th November 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Heroes!!!

By Lee Endersby's Left Peg6/11/2021 22:04Sat Nov 6 22:04:04 2021In response to Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 1046

Well done to all of the Borough players and the backroom staff for all of their hard work that went into getting to this stage of the tournament.

If you would have said that the Borough would have been playing a First Round tie at Portsmouth after the first month of the season, you would have been looked at like you were crazy.

I thought the team put in a great effort today, especially considering most would never have played in front of a crowd like that before.

Well done also to all the club's volunteers behind the scenes in organising tickets etc for today

Also a big pat on the back to the 499 travelling fans, it would be great to see a large percentage at Earlsmead in the months to come to repeat their vocal backing from today

Also, get well soon, Terrance.

Up the Borough!

2 people like this 2 people   

By TOWN COLOURS7/11/2021 12:02Sun Nov 7 12:02:12 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 756

Agree would be a just reward for the club if attendances increase following this somewhat unexpected run in the FA Cup. Plenty of games coming up for those attending at Portsmouth to watch plus we are currently in a play off spot in the league. With any luck it will continue to be an exciting season and the quality of football the players are serving up is well worth watching.
Yesterday was a one off against the strongest Team Portsmouth could field. They treated the club with maximum respect so hats off to the Cowley brothers. I think it took the players awhile to get used to the pace of the pitch. It looked like a billiard table and is partially synthetic. The ball bounced much higher than it would on most pitches we play on and the ball fizzed off the turf. The pace of the pitch even took the Portsmouth goalkeeper by surprise when he slid on the turf outside the area holding the ball.
The Boro supporters stayed behind for a considerable time applauding the players who must have been pleased with the appreciation shown for their efforts. It was quite emotional for some supporters hearing the Boro supporters sing at the top of their voices thoughout the match as well. All in all a great occasion for everyone connected with the club. Looking forward immensely to the rest of the season.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)7/11/2021 12:11Sun Nov 7 12:11:32 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 865

Agree with that TC. There will be bad games this season to come too but we all need to back them regardless for the rest of the season. Hope we can keep Strizovic and Uche plus we will start getting the likes of Tricker, Biler, OConnor and MCS back which will give us good options. Might see a couple of those in middx cup on Tuesday perhaps

By Terrance7/11/2021 13:07Sun Nov 7 13:07:57 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 800

You Sum Things Up Very Well Dave Town Colours If Only We Could Add 200 Of The Travelling Support And Get A Solid Base Of 350-400 Home Supporters The Club Would Be On A More Solid Position Financially And Make Better Offers To Players To Stay Or Indeed Join Us.
It Was A Fantastic Effort Running A Near Full Strength Portsmouth So Close And Being Unlucky Not To Get A Replay At Earlsmead.

By The Majors Hat7/11/2021 07:09Sun Nov 7 07:09:20 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 1033

Our game plan was spot on.
Kept it tight and hoped to convert one of our few chances.
We were organised, disciplined and still looked strong at the end of the game.

We could have done with Terry's dark arts in the 1st half when James Ewington tried to take it round their keeper - pushing it wide of him and leaving his leg in would have resulted in being cleaned out by the keeper and a definite penalty. Mind you, after the ref missing the keeper handling a yard outside his area and then bringing it back in and picking it up again, who knows what the decision would have been?

We've conceded 1 goal in our last 5 games and if we take the same attitude into the rest of the season I can't see why we cannot remain in a play off spot?
Get yourselves to Leiston next weekend and let's continue on the road to Wembley.

By Terrance7/11/2021 08:54Sun Nov 7 08:54:18 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 837

Cheers Major.
When l Mention The “Dark Arts” l Would Never Condone Diving So To Eyes Ewington Did The Right Thing Staying On His Feet And We Wereb Absolutely Robbed When Their Keeper Slid To Far Out Of The Box With The Ball In His Hands.
Under The Laws Now That A Sending Off!!!
As l Mentioned Earlier I Would Have Gone 4-4-2 But As Rightly Say We Were In It Right In It To End And If Only George Could Have Hit The Target Which He Normally Would Have We Would Be Dreaming Now Of A Replay!!!

By The Majors Hat7/11/2021 10:35Sun Nov 7 10:35:06 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 769

It wouldn't have been a dive as the keeper would have cleaned him out.
If the ref had seen the keeper slide out of his area still holding the ball I believe it would only have been a yellow card not red?

All if's and buts and always a day that will live in the memory.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)7/11/2021 10:54Sun Nov 7 10:54:48 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 784

Whilst sliding out holding it might have been accidental, he was under pressure from Ewington. He also tapped the ball once outside the area to get him back towards the area. Definitely a red for doing that.

By Terrance7/11/2021 11:18Sun Nov 7 11:18:56 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 719

Yes A Red Definitely HarrowRed.
Could Well Have Changed The Game Especially As We Started To Have More Possession And Chances In The 2nd Half.

By Terrance7/11/2021 10:38Sun Nov 7 10:38:53 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 648

Yes Major A Game Of Opinions.
Here’s To A Great FA Trophy Run And My Leg Getting Better!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)7/11/2021 09:16Sun Nov 7 09:16:48 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 808

We had a good game plan. Played some great balls for JE but sadly he couldn’t find a finish. You’re right that he could have gone down to win a penalty but credit to him, he’d rather just try to score.

It’s a definite red card for a deliberate handball by a goalie outside his area. I think had they gone down to 10, they would t have had as much space to pass around and we would have seen more of the ball and maybe got a goal.

Reminds me of the clear cut pen Nakashima should have got at 0-0 v Chesterfield. They don’t go for you when you are the small team though

By Terrance7/11/2021 09:27Sun Nov 7 09:27:33 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 742

Agreed HarrowRed.
Full Credit To James Ewington For Staying On His Feet And Yes Portsmouth Got Lucky And If The Ref Didn’t See It Then The Linesman Should Have For That Keeper Handball.
I Think We Played a 4-5-1 System A Bit Similar To The Farnborough Match.
I Personally Would Always Go 4-4-2 As It Offers More Width And To Get Crosses Into The Box.
I Must Say From From Here In South Ruislip From What l Heard And Saw That All The Fans,Players And Management Represented Borough In A First Class Manner As Always At Portsmouth.

By Terrance6/11/2021 22:10Sat Nov 6 22:10:06 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 800

Your Very Kind Lee Thank You For That.
Yes A Monumental Effort From Everyone At Borough To Get To The 1st Round Of The FA Cup Is An Achievement.
Wonderful To See Our Great Fans Behind The Goal And The Noise You Were All Making!!!
Let’s Hope For A Boost To Gates!!!

By cappers6/11/2021 21:26Sat Nov 6 21:26:36 2021In response to Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 846

Oh I forgot to mention, it was quite funny seeing Portsmouth keep the ball by the corner flag in injury time. It just shows how desperate they were getting. I reckon if we had been drawn against them at home, we would have got a result against them.

By Terrance6/11/2021 21:33Sat Nov 6 21:33:29 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 862

Yes With You Cappers.
I Think A Home Match And Gone 4-4-2 As You Said Earlier Portsmouth Are A Average Team And There For The Taking.
But l Think The Mindset When Your Away Is To Try And Shut Up Shop a Bit And Play On The Break.
But Taking The Ball To The Corner Flag Thats Maximum Respect!!!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)6/11/2021 22:33Sat Nov 6 22:33:22 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 940

Yeah they were hanging on really. At home I think we could have beaten them.

By Terrance6/11/2021 22:46Sat Nov 6 22:46:03 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 866

I Think We Can All Agree HarrowRed and Earlsmead Part Timer That The Players And Management And Done So Wonderfully Well And We Are All So Very Proud Of Them.
So Glad All Our Travelling Fans Had Such A Wonderful Day Down South!!!

By cappers6/11/2021 20:21Sat Nov 6 20:21:34 2021In response to Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 1001

Sorry to hear about your accident Terry. I couldn't find a stream in the first half. I watched all of the second half though after finding a reliable stream.

I can only comment on the second half. We defended really well. Josh certainly wasn't overworked but made saves when called upon. He actually almost made a mistake with a relatively simple save but managed to keep the ball out just about! We looked to get the ball forward early at every opportunity but often didn't come to fruition. We played really well, I just thought we were lacking a little bit in the final third. Portsmouth were pretty poor and were there for the taking but unfortunately we couldn't quite take advantage. Nevertheless, a great performance against a team four divisions above us. I'd be interested to know what the first half was like.

Edited by cappers at 20:22:41 on 6th November 2021

By harrowred (RedHarrow)6/11/2021 20:52Sat Nov 6 20:52:31 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 951

Every single player did you proud Terry. What a fantastic performance. Pompey looked sharp in the opening 15 minutes and they were most threatening down the right hand side, which is how they scored their goal. However I would say after the first 15 minutes it was fairly even. Donellan played a fantastic pass to Ewington who got a shot on target. Moore had a shot over and then when Ewington was through, Bazunu came rushing out at handled outside the box. Clear as day. I can’t believe it wasn’t given. Should have been a red card. The replays show it clearly too.

Second half Pompey didn’t look to take control too much and we were in the ascendancy. We had some moments, mostly through George Moore, a couple of wide shots and a good one on target late on. We went for it with Oduteko and Wynter coming on who looked threatening.

Great support from the away fans, the club and team did themselves hugely proud. If we play like that for the rest of the season, we will be right up there in the league. Hopefully we can. Im sure there will be ups and downs, players leaving and coming, wins and defeats but this team has given us a season to look forward too now aswell as enjoy a great cup run.

By Terrance6/11/2021 21:02Sat Nov 6 21:02:45 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 1128

Thanks HarrowRed.
I’m With You Thats A Sending Off For The Portsmouth Keeper If The Ref Could Have Only Have Seen It,
As The Game Got Stretched After Half Time That Decision May Well Have Cost Us At Least A Replay.
Yes Your Right Players Excellent And Certainly Helping My Recovery HarrowRed.

By Terrance6/11/2021 20:30Sat Nov 6 20:30:15 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 906

Hello Cappers Thanks For Your Kind Words My Friend,
I Managed To Get The Radio Solent Commentary And The First Half We Played Really On The Break And James Ewington Had a A Decent Chance But To My Mind Was Too Isolated And Should Have Had Dernell Wynter Alongside In My View.
But l Agree Every Player And Management Deserves All The Credit For Such A Wonderful Cup Run.
Please Forum Members Your Views Most Welcome.

By Earlsmead part-timer6/11/2021 22:41Sat Nov 6 22:41:42 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 1089

Agree with Lee Enderby and Harrowred a fantastic day. Well done Boro u did us proud and with a little more luck we might have sneaked a draw.

Also agree about their keeper handling the ball outside of the penalty area, the linesman was right in front of it!
Definitely handled out of the area. Oh well.......

Great send off for the players from Boro fans after the match ended and fair play to some of the Portsmouth fans to , who I could see, who also stayed for a few minutes after the final whistle and clapped us off as well.

By Middx Wanderer7/11/2021 21:06Sun Nov 7 21:06:44 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 827

Outstanding Day.
Great performance
Terrific Support.

So many great memories. Pre match in The Staggering Good Brewery tap bar. Then join 150 plus Boro fans in The Good Companion.
Players performed for 90 minutes, matching a League One side all the way.
Great vocal support throughout; creating a terrific atmosphere.
Players , supporters & management enjoying the moment at Full Time.

PROUD to be part of this Great Club.

By The Earl of Smead8/11/2021 14:38Mon Nov 8 14:38:54 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 796

Spot on Middlesex!!

By Terrance8/11/2021 00:45Mon Nov 8 00:45:28 2021In response to Re: Heroes!!!Top of thread

Views: 919

Hello Alan Middlesex Wanderer.
I Think You Have Summed Up The Day Up Very Well.
Myself From Afar Unfortunately Back Here In South Ruislip Recovering From My Minor Mishap Could Hear All The Fans Belting Out “Come On You Reds”Amongst Other Tunes On The Online Radio Stream And Its Like Having An Extended Family In Supporting Borough Where You Know The Other Fans.
Players and Management Acknowledge You When You Say Well Done Near The Tunnel and Those Volunteer Days A Few Summers Back When We Where All Happy To Give Our Time Freely To Help Such A Wonderful Club.
We May Have Lost Narrowly But All Our Fans Who Went To Portsmouth Have Done Us All So Very Proud Alan.

Previous thread: Pompey Perspective by Rick_Pumpkin8/11/2021 09:59Mon Nov 8 09:59:56 2021view thread