Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Our Day at Pompey by Middx Wanderer8/11/2021 13:48Mon Nov 8 13:48:14 2021view thread

Red card for the keeper or not?

By The Earl of Smead8/11/2021 10:34Mon Nov 8 10:34:16 2021

Views: 610

Having been at the game Saturday and watched the poorly and very brief highlights yesterday evening, I’m in no doubt the Portsmouth keeper should have seen red. With nearly an hour to go surely a game changer. Officials were poor generally.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Red card for the keeper or not?

By TOWN COLOURS8/11/2021 15:10Mon Nov 8 15:10:17 2021In response to Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 559

Certainly agree the officials had an off day. Another decision that seemed particularly poor was Imran getting booked for what seemed to me a fair tackle. The officials seemed to be "homers". I guess it is debatable if their keeper should have been sent off - wonder if we know a referee to put this to bed?It certainly was handball although the keeper slid quite a few yards before going out of the area with the ball still in his hands. The resulting free kick would have been in a dangerous position. The highlights I have seen so far are limited and in fact miss the back pass by one of their defenders which so nearly allowed JE to score in the first half.

By Terrance8/11/2021 15:44Mon Nov 8 15:44:28 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 542

Hello Dave Town Colours,
Yes A Ref Could Help With This One Defo!
I’ve Just Got This Nagging Feeling And No It’s Not The Leg! That If We Had Gone 4-4-2 From The Start Then We May Have Got At Least A Replay Because According To Pumpkin And What I Heard On The Commentary That When Dernell Wynter Came On As A Sub He Was a Handful Physically For The Portsmouth Defenders.
It Is A Tough One For A Manager To Get Right Being a “One Off”Game But Sometimes You Need To Pick A Team Most Likely To Get The Something From The Game With Not Always A Formation Used Before.

By TOWN COLOURS8/11/2021 16:36Mon Nov 8 16:36:32 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 542

Hello Terrance. You have raised playing 4-4-2 before and I totally disagreed with same. I said then in response that the manager could change the formation during the match if the chance arose. The original match formation was right in my opinion with only one up front. If we had gone with the formation you suggest from the outset my view is we could have lost far more heavily. We will never know now so I prefer not to speculate. The result achieved was tremendous. We did change the formation in an effort to get an equaliser. This was hampered with Sean getting injured just prior and Imran then having to go back to defend. Hope Sean's injury is not too bad and he is back available for Saturdays important FA Trophy match.

By Terrance8/11/2021 17:00Mon Nov 8 17:00:51 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 669

Yes Hopefully Shaun Fit For Leiston
My Big Concern Dave Was This That By Starting Just 1 up Front You Somehow Give The InitiativeTo Your Opponent's.
Portsmouth Remember A Team Not Used To Winning Matches.
Lewis Cole’s Ability For Winning The Ball Should Have Been Used From The Start And Dernell Wynter Is A Handful For Defenders.
Those 2 Should Have Started Instead Of Micheal Bryan And James Taylor And With Imran Uche Left Back.
It Was 70%-30% To Portsmouth Possession Wise And I’m Only Giving My Personal View In That 4-4-2 Is A Good System With Or Without The Ball.
But That’s Gone Now And As You Say Dave Town Colours Leiston Away and Hampton Tomorrow Night Away!
I Shall Be Following Both On Twitter!!!

By TOWN COLOURS8/11/2021 17:42Mon Nov 8 17:42:20 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 575

Your comments noted Terrance and I respect your opinion. My personal thoughts are that Imran is better in midfield and has a powerful shot scoring that brilliant goal against Gosport. From corners James Taylor is our probably our best best header of the ball - particularly good at near post. I guess it was difficult for Steve Baker to decide who to leave out. Hampton have not played a match for a couple of weeks and are treating the game seriously - playing their best side per their website. Will be interesting to see how we line up tomorrow.

Re: Red card for the keeper or not? - Hampton team

By harrowred (RedHarrow)8/11/2021 18:56Mon Nov 8 18:56:00 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 365

I imagine our team will be much changed ahead of the trip to Leiston. Considering who was on the bench/pitch on Saturday, I’d expect Tricker and Biler to make their returns. Cole and Cain will probably come in for Uche and Donnellan. Wynter and Oduteko will most definitely come in for Moore and Bryan whilst one or two of Owoeye/MCS/OConnor are likely to replace Ewington and maybe Keita.

Should allow our best 11 to be ready and fit for Leiston and get the non starters much needed match fitness. Moving forwards if we have the side which started at Pompey being pushed by MCS, OConnor, Oduteko, Wynter, Cole, Cain, Biler and Tricker for the rest of the season, we will have a hugely competitive squad.

By Terrance8/11/2021 17:55Mon Nov 8 17:55:13 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 440

Dave Town Colours Thats The Point Exactly That’s What’s Makes Management So Tough.
You Hear Man Management Quoted A Lot.
I Suppose The One l Remember Is When Alex Ferguson Left Out Jim Leighton In The Cup Final Replay After The First Game Ended 3-3 And Apparently They Rarely Spoke Again!
It’s Horses For Courses Really And You Rightly Say James Taylor Get Can Get A Goal From Set Plays But If l Was A Forward Imran May Be A More Solid Opponent To Beat.
I Know We Always Try And Put Out As Competitive Team As Poss For The Cups And We Are Still Fighting On 4 Fronts!!!!
The League,London Senior Cup,Middlesex Senior Cup And FA Trophy!
Seeing All Your Photos Saturday Online Has Certainly Given Me A Lift In My Recovery!!!!

By Middx Wanderer8/11/2021 16:06Mon Nov 8 16:06:59 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 618

I totally disagree with the idea that if we had played 4-4-2 we would have got a result.
We played very well & created decent few chances. Our midfield showed incredible energy but without the extra man we would have been overan in the middle of the park. They kept us in the game & created the to opportunity to gamble with Wynter & Otedeko in the final 15 minutes, which so nearly paid off.

Re the handball. I think had the Ref been up with play to see it. A yellow card would have been most likely.

By Terrance8/11/2021 16:17Mon Nov 8 16:17:44 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 593

Cheers For That Alan Middlesex Wanderer.
I Respect Your Opinion As Always And Most Likely A Yellow If The Ref Would Have Seen It And Of Course A Very Dangerous Free Kick To Defend Being So Close To The Box!

By Terrance8/11/2021 10:41Mon Nov 8 10:41:45 2021In response to Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 533

Yes The Earl Of Smead It Should Have Been Red For The Portsmouth Goalie.
If For Example He Handled The Ball In Open Play Outside The Box lm Sure He Would Have Been Off And The Truth Is Portsmouth Were Struggling To Beat Us With 11 Players Let Alone 10 Which They Should Have Been Down Too!!!

By Earlsmead part-timer8/11/2021 14:13Mon Nov 8 14:13:25 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 394

It was a free kick and a yellow card for me.
But a definite red card for the linesman.

If I can see its a clear handball and I'm sitting in row X in the Milton End, how he can't see it from 10 yards away is beyond belief.
He might as well have not been there for all the use he was.

Mind you it's just the sort of incompetence we see virtually every week in the Southern League.

By The Earl of Smead8/11/2021 14:40Mon Nov 8 14:40:26 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 576

The laws to me, interpret it as a red card.

By Terrance8/11/2021 14:50Mon Nov 8 14:50:45 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 469

I’m With The Earl,Earlsmead Part Timer In That In The Modern Way The Game Is Refereed Its Very Strict On Keepers Handling In Any Way OutsideThe Box.
I Think If The Refs Attention Had Been Brought To That Incident By A Linesman That Would Have Been Sent Off!
As l Mentioned Earlier,A Most Fantastic Picture Gallery On Our Fab Website and I Just Wished l Could Have Joined You All On Saturday!

By Terrance8/11/2021 14:20Mon Nov 8 14:20:47 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 628

A Very Big Call Got Wrong By The Linesman Thats Very Disappointing That He Didn’t Have The Confidence To Inform The Ref On Such A Big Call Earlsmead Part Timer.
That Photo Album Online Is Wonderful!!!
To See So Many Familiar And Smiling Faces Certainly A Great Tonic This Grey Monday Afternoon!

By Earlsmead part-timer8/11/2021 14:42Mon Nov 8 14:42:32 2021In response to Re: Red card for the keeper or not?Top of thread

Views: 534

Yes, can't work out why the Ref didn't see it either Terry. Its a straight forward "bread and butter" decision for a ref or linesman to make. Not difficult as a penalty decision can sometimes be if a player has been fouled or not.

Okay it probably wouldn't have made much difference to the outcome if it was a free kick and yellow ( as thought u it should be) but its the basics we're on about here and as Earl of Smead has said I thought all the officials had a bad day.

Previous thread: Heroes!!! by Terrance6/11/2021 19:00Sat Nov 6 19:00:10 2021view thread