Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx WandererToday 13:00Today at 13:00:01view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A Vote Of Confidence! by Terrance14/11/2021 15:07Sun Nov 14 15:07:27 2021view thread

A Big Thank You!!!

By Terrance13/11/2021 18:18Sat Nov 13 18:18:48 2021

Views: 568

Thank You To Everyone Who Gave A Score Forecast Earlier,Very Much Appreciated But l Don’t Think Any Of Us Could See A 3-0 To Leiston Coming!!!
Following The Match On The Excellent Leiston Twitter Feed It Was Obviously A Blow Shaun Preddie Not Starting And I Would Have Defo Started With Dernell Wynter In A 4-4-2.
But Any Fans At Leiston This Afternoon Please Share Your Views On What You Saw And Those Like Myself On Home Ground Your Views Also On Our FA Trophy Defeat In Suffolk.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A Big Thank You!!!

By The Majors Hat13/11/2021 21:19Sat Nov 13 21:19:49 2021In response to A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 529

Conceded after 3 mins. Acres of space down our left side yet again.
We had the majority of possession in the first half but never really looked like scoring, other than Frank Keita bundling the ball in with his arm and getting booked for it.
The ref gave us nothing other than several yellow cards for fouls that were debatable free kicks and let the Leiston #2 commit 3 fouls worthy of a yellow without getting one.
2nd half... Ball from our left was cleared against our own player and gave their forward a tap in from 8 yards out.
Boro huffed and puffed.
George Moore looked the most likely to score forcing the diminutive Leiston keeper into 2 full length saves.
To the bemusement of the travelling fans George was taken off with 25 mins to go. He didn't appear injured?
Ewingtom skied over from 6 yards out after their keeper had pushed out a shot and the game was completely killed off a few minutes later when we gave the ball away in our left back area (bit of a theme here). Ball made its way into the box and was tucked away.
3 - 0 probably flattered Leiston but they deserved it on the day.
Lack of a plan B today didn't help.
The conditions cried out for a big unit up top getting some flick on's for players to run onto.
Alas we had nobody to play this role.
Big game on Tuesday v Met Police with Liam Ferdinand coming back to Earlsmead.

By Terrance13/11/2021 21:36Sat Nov 13 21:36:47 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 610

Thank You Majors Hat For That Detailed Report Of Events In Leiston Today.
That’s A Very Big Help To Those Like Myself Unable To Attend.
George Has Had A Slight Hamstring Concern But As You Say Major From What You Could See He Appeared Ok.
So Him Being Subbed Seems A Mystery!
You Can’t Give Time And Crosses At Any Level Of Football So Let’s Hope That Left Side Gets Fixed On Tuesday Night.
From What l Could See From The Window Here In The Lounge The Wind Was Blowing The Irish “Hooley” Very Blustery!
Dernell Wynter Should Have Started Today And As He Should Have Done At Portsmouth.
Good Physically Winning And Holding The Ball And In The Air Too And As We Saw At South Park Knows Where The Goal Is.Steve Baker Should Have Gone 4-4-2 With Crosses In Against A Small Goalie You Mentioned.
Liam Ferdinand Return With Met Police Will Be Another Test Coming Quickly.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)13/11/2021 21:32Sat Nov 13 21:32:05 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 685

A massive loss is Uche. We lose a physical force in midfield. When Preddie is fit again, he should come back into the side despite Tricker being captain. We need Preddies pace. Biler will give us another option at left back if we’re lacking there. I would have started Wynter ahead of Bryan today and will be nice to add another striker who is taller and physical if MCS is not back anytime soon.

Met Police will be a struggle, as will the next two home games v Farnboro and H&Y (who also lost 3-0 in the trophy today). Swindon and Merthyr are upcoming games we should win if we have aspirations of top half and playoffs. By the end of November we will know where we stand for the rest of the season.

Come on you reds

By Earlsmead part-timer13/11/2021 22:23Sat Nov 13 22:23:38 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 647

I couldn't think of a worse set of fixtures to have to play coming off 3 straight defeats .

A tough test indeed . . . .

By Terrance13/11/2021 22:32Sat Nov 13 22:32:07 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 670

Agreed Earlsmead Part Timer.
Let’s Hope We Can Dig In And Play To Our Strengths Of High Up The Pitch And I Know If We Can Get Shaun Back That He’s A Massive On The Field Presence That The Other Players Look Up To.

By Earlsmead part-timer13/11/2021 22:43Sat Nov 13 22:43:57 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 702

Yes, I'm confident we will get back to winning ways and of course we've got the away games in between those tough home matches.
The players have done really well so far this season , hopefully we can regroup push on and keep challenging at the top half of the table .
I see no reason why we can't .

By Terrance13/11/2021 23:06Sat Nov 13 23:06:50 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 706

Good Word Confident Earlsmead Part Timer.
We Have A Very Good Squad But Just Need To Tweek The Tactics For Certain Games.
I’m Still Hoping For The Play Offs And That Would Be An Outstanding Performance.
Even In Defeat Some Excellent Views On The Forum This Saturday Evening!

By Terrance13/11/2021 22:00Sat Nov 13 22:00:45 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 524

Cheers HarrowRed.
Good To Have Those Views.
Imran Big Loss,For A Big Fella He’s Very Mobile And Can Score Goals.
I’m With You Totally About Dernell Starting Instead Of Micheal.
Some Matches Like Today At Leiston And l Would Have Said Portsmouth Too You Need Stronger Players On The Ball.
Micheal Bryan Is An Excellent Player But Some Games You Need To Adapt Tactics To Be Successful And Micheal May Have Had More Impact Coming On From The Bench.
I’m Hoping Shaun Will Be Back On Tuesday Not Just For His Excellent Defending But Leadership Skills Too.
After 3 Cup Defeats In A Week Maybe Time To Win “Ugly”Against Met Police!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/11/2021 07:40Sun Nov 14 07:40:36 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 709

Avoiding defeat v Met Police would be huge. Merthyr and Swindon away are more favourable fixtures before we then host Farnborough and Hayes. 7 points out of the next 5 games is a minimum if we are a playoff side. Anything less than that and I think we’re midtable at best.

By The Majors Hat14/11/2021 08:30Sun Nov 14 08:30:53 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 648

Farnborough will be postponed as they won their FA trophy game yesterday and the 2nd round in on November 27th.

By Terrance14/11/2021 10:29Sun Nov 14 10:29:33 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 764

Thanks For That Major About Farnborough.
I Suppose Looking Back In Hindsight That Yesterday Was Quite A Tough Draw.
A Long Journey And 3 Games In A Week And Being Hit With An Early Goal Didn’t Help!
I’m Sure We’ve Got Enough Character And Skill To Put Things Right!

By Terrance14/11/2021 08:25Sun Nov 14 08:25:56 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 660

As l Mentioned Last Night We Need To Win “Ugly”If You Like Against Met Police.1-0 Would Be Fine And Just Start From The Basic Of Keeping A Clean Sheat!
I Always Say a Good Cup Run And Top 10 Finish At The Start Of Every Season Allowing For The Budget That Steve Our Excellent Manager Has To Work With.
We Have Used The Loan System Fantastically Well And We Have A Strong Squad Of Players Now For Competition For Places.
The Last 7 Days Have Been Disappointing Results Wise But Thats Gone Now And Onwards And Upwards HarrowRed And Let’s Beat The Boys In Blue On Tuesday Night!

By harrowred (RedHarrow)14/11/2021 10:53Sun Nov 14 10:53:25 2021In response to Re: A Big Thank You!!!Top of thread

Views: 633

Apparently our match v Hayes will be rescheduled too because of a cup fixtures they’re in

Previous thread: Any Scores!!! by Terrance13/11/2021 08:32Sat Nov 13 08:32:48 2021view thread