Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: GBFC 1 HBFC 0 by Middx WandererYesterday 22:45Yesterday at 22:45:28view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dorchester v Harrow Borough Match Preview. by Terrance4/12/2021 09:14Sat Dec 4 09:14:38 2021view thread

A Loss!

By Terrance1/12/2021 22:14Wed Dec 1 22:14:57 2021

Views: 871

First Of All Well Played To Farnborough For Their 2-1 Win Over Us This Evening.
I Heard The Roar When Samual Scored But We Just Couldn’t Get The Equaliser!
But We Are Still In A Fantastic Position 6th In The Table And With A Great Chance Of The Play Offs.
Please Any Forum Members Who Were At Earlsmead This Evening And Can Give Their Views On The Game Would Be Much Appreciated.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: A Loss!

By Earlsmead part-timer1/12/2021 23:11Wed Dec 1 23:11:14 2021In response to A Loss!Top of thread

Views: 667

I didn't go but did listen to the match on "Farnborough FC Radio" OK it's nowhere like being at the match and it will have a bias towards Farnborough, but we certainly seemed to give them a good game and perhaps on another day we might have got a result.

No doubt they employed the old time management techniques at the the end which must have been frustrating , but I'm sure we would probably do the same .

I did think a draw or Farnborough beating us by the odd goal was possible and it turns out I wasn't far wrong with the scoreline (makes a change I'm nearly always wrong !)
One thing for sure though , Farnborough weren't an "Average" team .
As u say Terry will be interesting to hear from others at the game itself.

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 23:12:24 on 1st December 2021

Boro 1 Farn Boro 2

By Middx Wanderer1/12/2021 23:33Wed Dec 1 23:33:01 2021In response to Re: A Loss!Top of thread

Views: 791

Boro put in a real shift tonight against a side who are destined for promotion if they keep their team together. A couple of massive moments went against us late in the first half.
A terrific George Moore shot was saved, then from the rebound George set up James Ewington but he shot was just wide.
Shortly after Frank Keita burst into the area & was bundled over, any where else on the pitch the referee would definitely have given a free kick, but not a penalty apparently . Farnboro immediately broke at the other end Josh makes a fantastic save, but Farnborough nick a goal. Fine margins

2nd half they scored a very good goal, later Sam Adenola scored an even better one.

Re: Boro 1 Farn Boro 2

By Terrance2/12/2021 00:16Thu Dec 2 00:16:22 2021In response to Boro 1 Farn Boro 2Top of thread

Views: 634

Hello Earlsmead Part Timer And Alan Middlesex Wanderer Thank You For That.
I Think Earlsmead Part Timer l Can Declare You The Winner Of The Correct Scores As Although You Said 1-1 You Did Say Farnborough Might Nick It By An Odd Goal.
As For Alans Excellent Report Thats Very Welcome And It Seems That We Were Denied A Clear Pen For A Draw.
I Did Mention Earlier About Having A Strong Ref In Regard Challenges As Well As Not To Have So Called Farnborough “Stars” In His Mind Because We Were Playing The League Leaders.
So Another Day Maybe A Point And We Move Onto To Dorchester Saturday And Hopefully 3 Points There!

Edited by Terrance at 05:00:15 on 2nd December 2021

Re: Boro v Farnborough video

By Middx Wanderer2/12/2021 08:04Thu Dec 2 08:04:14 2021In response to Re: Boro 1 Farn Boro 2Top of thread

Views: 680

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/harrowborough/videos/vs-farnborough-174154.html

By Terrance2/12/2021 08:29Thu Dec 2 08:29:54 2021In response to Re: Boro v Farnborough videoTop of thread

Views: 538

Thanks For Thank Link Alan Middlesex Wanderer.
Just Watching The Highlights It Was A Very Entertaining Game With Plenty Of Chances For Both Sides.
As For Farnboroughs First Goal Good Save By Josh Onto The Bar But They Followed Up To Score.
It’s A Clear Penalty On Frank Keita
You Can Clearly See A Hand Pushing Him In The Back.
The Ref Should See It But The Very Least He Should Have Consulted His Linesman For His View.
That Was A Game Changing Descsion That The Ref Got Badly Wrong!
The Farnborough Winner Was A Good Finish By Ricky Holmes A Quality Player But lm Afraid lm Going To Mention “The Dark Arts”Again!
From The Throw Samual Adenola Should Have Pulled Back The Player Receiving The Ball And Thus Stopping Him Playing The Ball Through
To Holmes For The Winner.
Yes We Would Have Given A Free Kick Away And Possibly A Booking But It Would Have Prevented Farnborough Scoring.
I Know Some Fans May Regard That As Unsporting Or A So Called “Professional Foul”
But Very Enjoyable Watch The Video And As l Have Said Before The Standard Of Non League So Good These Days As We Proved Against Portsmouth In The FA Cup.

Edited by Terrance at 08:30:52 on 2nd December 2021

By harrowred (RedHarrow)2/12/2021 09:08Thu Dec 2 09:08:29 2021In response to Re: Boro v Farnborough videoTop of thread

Views: 700

The Ewington miss is a huge moment in the game. Did well vs the league leaders. Lots of positives I’m sure.

Dorchester is a must not lose game before a couple of tough games vs Chesham and Hayes and Taunton away coming up.

I think 11 points from the remainder of the December games is a must at the minimum.

By Terrance2/12/2021 09:13Thu Dec 2 09:13:17 2021In response to Re: Boro v Farnborough videoTop of thread

Views: 686

Hello HarrowRed.Unusal For James To Miss With That One And That Penalty Not Being Given Too Maybe “Lady Luck” Not Smiling On Us Last Night As I Thought Watching The Highlights We Deserved A Point.
As For Dorchester Saturday.
Paddy Power Bookmakers Have Us At Even Money Favourites Even Though We Are The Away Side!
That’s Now 26 Without A Draw!!!

Previous thread: Harrow Borough v Farnborough Match Preview by Terrance1/12/2021 09:42Wed Dec 1 09:42:14 2021view thread