Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Hungerford match highlights by harrowred26/3 19:01Tue Mar 26 19:01:19 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Bore Draw by Middx Wanderer9/4/2022 20:10Sat Apr 9 20:10:44 2022view thread

5 players to keep

By harrowred (RedHarrow)12/4/2022 12:24Tue Apr 12 12:24:10 2022

Views: 584

If you could only keep 5 players for the squad next season, who would they be?

I think my 5 would be;

Ewington
Moore
Adenola
Donnellan
James Taylor

Ewington for his goals, Moore for his attacking play and covers a number of positions, Adenola as lots of potential, could play both sides and has good sale value if contracted, James Taylor as he is still young and covers a couple of positions in defence. Notable mention goes to Strizovic too who just misses out.

Personally wouldn’t want to lose any of our current players. Biler is still young and developing well, Mansfield has taken to this level, Preddie is very experienced, Ezra has been a good asset and covers multiple positions. El-Mhanni adds an attacking prowess, Oduteko has improved this season and Dembele offers something different upfront.

Target positions for me have to be, another striker, two central midfielders and a defender.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: 5 players to keep

By Middx Wanderer12/4/2022 13:01Tue Apr 12 13:01:01 2022In response to 5 players to keepTop of thread

Views: 759

Agree, if we were able offer 5 one year contracts right now. They would be the 5 I would choose too.

Targets fror me would be
A central midfielder to play in front of Donnellan in the Keita/ Cumberbatch/Uche mould. & a centre forward who can effectively hold the ball up.

Edited by Middx Wanderer at 13:01:24 on 12th April 2022

By The Majors Hat13/4/2022 01:27Wed Apr 13 01:27:45 2022In response to Re: 5 players to keepTop of thread

Views: 612

Definitely need a pain in the butt defensive midfielder who opposition fans hate and we would too if he was playing against us.
Physical presence up front to pair hopefully with Ewington.
Left footed midfielder, ideally with with some pace. I'd love to see us poach Toby Little from Beaconsfield. Getting on now but still a class act at this level and has a football brain on his shoulders.

Time to move some of the old guard on and freshen up the squad.
When we went on the great run before the cup game at Portsmouth there was competition for places in the team.
Squad is a lot thinner now and some players have coasted again knowing they would keep their place no matter what.
Let's take a chance on some raw talent from the divisions below us and give some of the U23's a look.

Be ideal to get Josh back but I feel there are bigger and better things ahead for him and probably Samuel as well.

By geemickey12/4/2022 19:25Tue Apr 12 19:25:08 2022In response to Re: 5 players to keepTop of thread

Views: 714

Eighteen clubs have a better defensive record than Borough, so I would strengthen the defence/midfield.
If mid-table is the aim next season it should be comfortably achievable but a play-off place will require fewer goals against.

Holding on to Ewington and Moore for next season is vital too.

Michael Bryan and Anthony O'Connor, when both return to form, are surely worth a place.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)12/4/2022 20:12Tue Apr 12 20:12:39 2022In response to Re: 5 players to keepTop of thread

Views: 615

Bryan is an interesting one. Experienced playmaker who probably doesn’t get enough goals and assists. I think he is best used early and late in the season when the pitches are better.

18 teams might have better defensive records but both of our fullbacks have missed long chunks of the season and centrally there has been lots of chopping and changing. I think if it was to be more settled, it would improve, BUT, getting a ball winning midfielder to do the dirty work defensively is the key. When we had Uche we looked far more solid. Never replaced him after Pompey and it told

Previous thread: Wimborne Town v Harrow Borough by Earlsmead part-timer5/4/2022 12:58Tue Apr 5 12:58:33 2022view thread