Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Salisbury 0 Harrow 2 by Fulham red14/4 16:48Sun Apr 14 16:48:51 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: U23's v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos by Middx Wanderer27/4/2022 15:32Wed Apr 27 15:32:22 2022view thread

League Projections

By harrowred (RedHarrow)1/5/2022 09:14Sun May 1 09:14:01 2022

Views: 784

Current projections (with league positions predicting playoff winners), has us losing Taunton, Hayes, Merthyr, Wimborne and gaining Bracknell, Plymouth Parkway, Chertsey and Winchester City.

Hanwell could be instead of Chertsey and Bristol Manor Farm could be instead of Winchester.

Does anybody have any preferences. Plymouth is another long trip. Chertsey and Hanwell are of very similar stature in recent seasons. Hanwell is obviously closer. Winchester is closer than BMF and I think we beat them a couple of seasons ago in the FA Cup.

Nobody drops down from above into our division with Billericay dropping to the Isthmian.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: League Projections

By geemickey1/5/2022 09:44Sun May 1 09:44:58 2022In response to League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 804

Farnborough may beat Hayes & Yeading, which would suit travelling HB fans.

I've wondered whether Hendon could be moved back to the Isthmian, with Kingstonian coming to the Southern ?
I can't see that any other inter-league switches are likely.

By geemickey1/5/2022 18:31Sun May 1 18:31:39 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 635

I see Hanwell beat Chertsey 1-3 this afternoon, with a crowd of over 1,700, so good news for the travelling faithful !

By Fol-De-Rol1/5/2022 11:07Sun May 1 11:07:30 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 551

Kingstonian have left Tolworth and will be playing home games at Tooting next season.

By Middx Wanderer2/5/2022 17:44Mon May 2 17:44:38 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 788

Farnborough beat Hsyes to go up to the National South.
Winchester City won the South division play off so are promoted along with Hanwell, Plymouth Parkway & Bracknell

By harrowred (RedHarrow)2/5/2022 18:14Mon May 2 18:14:54 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 605

Farnborough, Taunton, Merthyr and Wimborne being replaced more than likely by Hanwell, Winchester, Bracknell and Plymouth is definitely a win for us in terms of mileage.

Bracknell are splashing the cash so could be a strong team. Is it me or have Hanwell had the upper hand on us in friendlies/cup games.

Plymouth and Winchester will be interesting trips. Looking forward to the season already.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)5/5/2022 15:27Thu May 5 15:27:35 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 583

Bracknell already seem to be splashing the cash, signing arguably the best keeper in their league from Marlow, and former Boro defender Adam Richards from Marlow too.

Interesting nugget from that league too is that Uxbridge are full of former Boro players. They include Joshua Andrew, Ryan Haugh, Juwon Akintunde, Babs Jarra, Kensley Maloney and Victor Osobu. Sam Shaw, son of former Harrow played Jason Shaw also plays for them.

By The Majors Hat5/5/2022 17:05Thu May 5 17:05:14 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 614

Not sure I'd want any of our ex players back from Uxbridge tbh.
Have Bracknell got their money from selling their old ground?
I know they have magpied at Sandhurst.

By geemickey2/5/2022 18:34Mon May 2 18:34:16 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 638

Bracknell and Hanwell may be switched from Isthmian to Southern Lge, so Hendon and Harrow Borough could end up back in the Isthmian next season.

By cappers2/5/2022 21:32Mon May 2 21:32:27 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 693

There's no reason why we would move back to the Isthmian. As has already been mentioned on here, Farnborough, Taunton, Merthyr and Wimborne will be replaced by Hanwell, Plymouth Parkway, Winchester and Bracknell. North Leigh were promoted to step 3 today. They are westerly enough to be in the Southern South but probably too northern.

By cappers2/5/2022 21:32Mon May 2 21:32:19 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 534

There's no reason why we would move back to the Isthmian. As has already been mentioned on here, Farnborough, Taunton, Merthyr and Wimborne will be replaced by Hanwell, Plymouth Parkway, Winchester and Bracknell. North Leigh were promoted to step 3 today. They are westerly enough to be in the Southern South but probably too northern.

By Earlsmead part-timer2/5/2022 22:04Mon May 2 22:04:46 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 660

I'd be happy with that Cappers.

Another London club (Hanwell) nice and close and generate more money for the club.
Bracknell and Winchester not more than an hour away ,which is nothing really . The only long trip (fly in the ointment) is Plymouth .

Getting rid of Farnborough (and the nasty fans) and a long trip to Wales and Somerset is a result IMO .

Shame about Wimborne personally as it was handy for me !

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 22:09:21 on 2nd May 2022
Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 22:09:48 on 2nd May 2022

By cappers3/5/2022 09:00Tue May 3 09:00:53 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 480

Yes Earlsmead part-timer, it would definitely be good news for Harrow from a mileage point of view. I haven't worked it out but it's clear that our mileage would be reduced by quite a bit. A new Middlesex derby against Hanwell and Bracknell is relatively local as well. Winchester would be a good day out for the fans and well throw in Plymouth just for good measure!

Regarding Farnborough, I saw on the stream yesterday they had problems with their fans at full time goading the Hayes fans. I seem to remember as well, Terry going to an away match at Farnborough and then moaning about their fans on this forum, unless I'm confusing Farnborough with another team. So yeah, glad they've gone.

By geemickey2/5/2022 22:48Mon May 2 22:48:30 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 584

Bracknell and Hanwell are currently Isthmian clubs so, without inter-league transfers, surely they would become Isthmian Premier Div clubs next season ?

Geographically, they fit better in the Southern Lge and may end up there so I still think Hendon and Borough may be switched. Kings Langley could also be transferred, which would be a shame, as they are local.
We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by geemickey at 22:51:40 on 2nd May 2022

By cappers3/5/2022 06:10Tue May 3 06:10:50 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 484

Geemickey, there are three Isthmian divisions at step 4 but only two Southern league divisions. Basically the Southern South div 1 and Isthmian south central feed in to the Southern South Prem. I can't see how we would be moved over unless major changes are made. Geemickey, who would replace Harrow, Hendon and Kings Langley in the Southern South? Hanwell and Bracknell are just filling the vacancies.

Edited by cappers at 06:13:49 on 3rd May 2022

By geemickey3/5/2022 08:47Tue May 3 08:47:00 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 494

I hope you're right Cappers - I prefer Borough in the Southern Lge and gaining Hanwell and keeping Hayes is good news for travelling fans. I hope no-one comes up with the idea of shunting Chesham Utd elsewhere !

There's some suggestion that Bognor Regis Town could get moved across, which is possible.

Let's not forget the Worcester City incident - shuffling of clubs a long way away sometimes impacts upon Southern & Isthmian leagues. We also don't yet know about any clubs requesting relegation or refusing promotion ( I suspect North Leigh may yet regret their play-off good luck !)

All will be revealed soon.

By Fol-De-Rol3/5/2022 07:35Tue May 3 07:35:30 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 602

The only way Harrow & Hendon could go back to the Isthmian would be via a major boundary shift. With the play-offs going the way they did, the Isthmian Premier looks set in stone for next season.

Either Bishops Stortford & Potters Bar or Bognor Regis & Horsham would have to transfer to the Southern League in order to make way for Harrow & Hendon.

Even with Worthing going up, it's hard to see how the League Allocations Committee would believe splitting Sussex would be a good idea. The Hertfordshire pair being moved is less unlikely, but would still seem to be tinkering for tinkering's sake. Unless some of those on the League Allocations Committee work for traffic departments at local councils, I can't see why they'd do that.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)3/5/2022 20:39Tue May 3 20:39:04 2022In response to Re: League ProjectionsTop of thread

Views: 481

Al thought not officially set in stone, I think the teams originally mentioned will be the ones which join the league.

448 miles for Taunton, Farnborough, Merthyr and Wimborne

317 for Hanwell, Bracknell, Winchester and Plymouth. 212 of that is the trip to Plymouth so fair to say it saves a decent chunk

Previous thread: The 'large boned' lady is at the microphone by The Majors Hat23/4/2022 10:37Sat Apr 23 10:37:52 2022view thread