Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Exploring the Benefits of Regular Wheel Alignment … by CallumJamesYesterday 11:09Yesterday at 11:09:03view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Fa Cup draw by harrowred22/8/2022 11:00Mon Aug 22 11:00:49 2022view thread

Harrow V Hanwell

By Earlsmead part-timer20/8/2022 09:29Sat Aug 20 09:29:15 2022

Views: 571

Well the big West/North West London Derby is thrust upon us yet again . . . (Ahem) or perhaps not ?

Anyway, I've got Boro as down as the the underdogs today.
The London Geordies r playing well and flying. Harrow I think to be fair have had a inconsistent start without a league win this season so far.

Stop me if you've heard this one before. . . . . . . But heart says Harrow, head says Hanwell to win .

C'mon on Boro , buck the form book and get a win (fingers and everything else is crossed . . . . )

Coming up from Dorset to see this struggling through holiday traffic so I've got a lot invested in this one !

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 09:31:17 on 20th August 2022

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Harrow V Hanwell

By Boro Loyal (RangersAsh)20/8/2022 12:16Sat Aug 20 12:16:59 2022In response to Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 649

The first league meeting between the teams. Hanwell come to Earlsmead off the back of a good start, having already picked up six points. Summer signings seem to helping them in step 3. Former reds players Dernell Wynter and Harry Rush also featuring for the club. Harry being captain of the London Geordies! My prediction for this game is a 1-1 draw. I believe Hanwell will take the lead, scoring in eight minutes, Wynter finding the net. Before Chewy gets the equaliser. Shot outside the box on eighty six minutes....

Have a safe journey bud

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/8/2022 12:55Sat Aug 20 12:55:39 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 546

2-2 for me.

Hanwell slight favourites at the bookies.

Hoping Preddie is fit and maybe Adenola could return?

By geemickey20/8/2022 13:34Sat Aug 20 13:34:10 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 622

How about giving James Ewington some decent through-ball service this afternoon ?

That, and George Moore getting a few of his firecracker shots at goal, must be your best chances of a win today.

Hanwell hardly threatened Chesham last Tuesday but still snatched two goals late on after shutting out the Chesham attack for most of the game.

Harrow should win this one.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/8/2022 13:36Sat Aug 20 13:36:27 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 589

I do fancy a goal each from Moore and Ewington today.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/8/2022 17:53Sat Aug 20 17:53:33 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 610

When I make these predictions, it’s based with the best XI in mind. Having no Moore or Williams seriously worried me and then to lose Preddie and Taylor both to injury was not ideal.

I wouldn’t say I was disappointed with the result - I thought it was fair and we were missing two key players and then were forced to lose both our CBs and shuffle things around.

We hit the post from a Taylor header and Leonard and Brown both should have done better with chances they had but that was about it. We created absolutely nothing for Ewington.

I was frustrated after hearing good things about Wesley Tobino in pre season that he wasn’t brought on at all. Biler started at right wing which was probably necessary but odd.

Definitely things to improve on, must get some more depth and actually find a style of play as we didn’t seem to have one! On to the next game!

By The Majors Hat20/8/2022 17:50Sat Aug 20 17:50:02 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 597

Lost 1 nil to a bigger and better side.
Jacob outstanding again.
Billy and Kevin both looked good and are getting to grips with the step up.
Two goals scored in four games and we look shaky at the back to put it politely.
George missed badly. Hopefully he will be back next week.
We need to add some size and physicality to the side and quickly.

By harrowred (RedHarrow)20/8/2022 18:02Sat Aug 20 18:02:24 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 597

Agree Leonard and Songolo both look good. Need more creativity though. Think if Preddie and Taylor had stayed on it would have been 0-0.

By Earlsmead part-timer20/8/2022 19:56Sat Aug 20 19:56:41 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 531

Agreed we missed George and the injuries to Preddie and Taylor effected us badly .
In fact if George was playing I think we would have won.
But thought Hanwell deserved the win they wanted it more than us.

Mind you I'm worried for the rest of the season I know it's early doors but we seem to be drifting.
Hanwell aren't the benchmark for this league we are going to face a lot more tougher and better teams than them .

By harrowred (RedHarrow)21/8/2022 08:30Sun Aug 21 08:30:21 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 540

I’ve just had a look at the table. I get the feeling the current bottom 7 are the ones that will probably finish in the bottom 7. 4 down from Boro, Winchester, north Leigh, Hendon, Yate, Plymouth and hartley.

Hope I’m wrong and we’re not in a scrap all season. Two tough games up next though

By The Majors Hat21/8/2022 10:17Sun Aug 21 10:17:41 2022In response to Re: Harrow V Hanwell Top of thread

Views: 503

Looked at the table for the first time this season over breakfast.
Can see a lot of teams battling at both ends of the table.
Next two games are going to be difficult as WSM and Hayes will both see themselves as title challengers.

Hopefully they will underestimate us and we can spring a surprise.
Will need every player to give 100% and walk off the pitch blowing out of their butts'.
Time to show some pride in that red jersey.

Previous thread: Brackenll Town Predictions by Boro Loyal15/8/2022 12:33Mon Aug 15 12:33:11 2022view thread