Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: End of Season Disaster. by Fulham red28/4 20:07Sun Apr 28 20:07:02 2024view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Recent Attendances by geemickey12/10/2022 23:10Wed Oct 12 23:10:27 2022view thread

Boro 0 - 1 Plymouth Parkway

By The Majors Hat15/10/2022 18:59Sat Oct 15 18:59:57 2022

Views: 683

After playing so well in Tuesday it was very much 'after the Lord Mayors show today'
We looked as though we'd played Chesham this morning and not 4 days ago.
Sluggish all over the pitch and didn't ever get going.

A very poor goal to concede.
I said on Tuesday that nobody had a bad game, today you could have subbed off over half the team after an hour.
Billy and Imran our beat players out there today.
Would love to see them together in midfield.
Pace and athleticism would cause lots of headaches for opponents going forward and both can tackle and run box to box.
Plymouth were well worth the win. Fair play for the support they brought who were friendly and knowledgeable.
Which Boro side will turn up at Swindon on Wednesday?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Boro 0 - 1 Plymouth Parkway

By Earlsmead part-timer15/10/2022 19:23Sat Oct 15 19:23:59 2022In response to Boro 0 - 1 Plymouth Parkway Top of thread

Views: 485

Funny how people see games differently. It's all opinions I guess.

I thought we deserved at least a draw and overall were the better team .
Fair play to Plymouth, I thought they defended well and put 10 men behind the ball at all times. Trying to catch us on the break. Their goal a real balls up defensively from our point of view.

I thought Parkway were fortunate as well to have a ref today who was more than happy to give players the benefit of the doubt and let play , play on. Which of course works both ways for both teams.
Which personally I think is good .
But every time we go down the the West country we seem to get the opposite, a whistle happy, card happy ref who brings everything back and , give them a decision , will always give a penalty.
Something we should have had when George Moore's shot clearly hit a hand in the 1st half.

Just hope there are no heads down.
Keep doing what we are doing and there should be (fingers crossed) more "Chesham's" than Dorchester's or Plymouth's.

Agree about Parkway's fans. The ones I saw and spoke too were a good lot of fans .

Edited by Earlsmead part-timer at 19:28:08 on 15th October 2022

Re: Boro 0 - 1 Plymouth Parkway

By Middx Wanderer16/10/2022 18:55Sun Oct 16 18:55:36 2022In response to Re: Boro 0 - 1 Plymouth Parkway Top of thread

Views: 421

We do play some nice football, but when we are behind we don't seem to have a second gear to put teams under pressure . They are generally comfortable with us having the ball.

When we take a lead we look a good side, as having players that are comfortable with the ball at there feet is a great asset.

The problems are when we are behind, it takes far to long to make things happen in the final third, & when they do our opponents have had time get numbers back.

Previous thread: Boro 2 Chesham Utd 1 by Middx Wanderer12/10/2022 08:43Wed Oct 12 08:43:05 2022view thread